Oven roasted turkey breast is so tender and juicy. It is seasoned to perfection and perfect for any holiday dinner.
Oven roasted turkey breast
We showed you how to roast a turkey but what if you only want to cook a turkey breast? It is so easy and today we are giving you the best tips and tricks.
You are going to love how amazing this is and I guarantee if you follow this easy recipe, the turkey will be SO tender! No one likes dry turkey and we have easy instructions to make sure the turkey is the best!
How to roast a turkey breast
All you need is a few seasonings, a turkey breast and roasting pan. Coat the turkey with the butter and seasoning and bake until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
It is so easy and the results are tender and flavor packed turkey breast!
- Bone-In Turkey Breast (Skin On)
- Large Onion- peeled and sliced
- Butter- melted
- minced Garlic
- Dried Thyme Leaves
- Salt and pepper
How to roast a turkey breast
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then, place the turkey breast in the roasting pan with the skin side up.
Tip: You can use a lightly greased 9X13 pan if you do not have a roasting pan. However, I prefer using the roasting pan because of all the room.
Second, combine the butter, garlic, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper together in a small pan.
Next, rub the butter mixture all over the outside of the turkey breast. I like to use a basting brush to make this super easy.
Finally, it is time to bake the turkey breast.
How long to roast a turkey breast?
The turkey should bake for 13 to 15 minutes per pound. For example, I baked my 9 lb turkey breasts for 2 hours.
You want the turkey to reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees. I prefer to use a digital meat thermometer to make sure that the turkey is fully cooked.
Once cooked, take the turkey out of the oven. Then loosely cover the pan with foil and let the turkey breast rest for at least 5 minutes.
That is it! Slice and enjoy!
CAN I USE AN OVEN BAG TO ROAST A TURKEY BREAST?
Yes, you can. We have full instructions on how to cook a turkey in a bag that you can follow.
The step by step is for a whole turkey so make sure to adjust the cooking time for a turkey breast.
How to make turkey gravy?
Homemade gravy is so easy and much more flavorful than store bought.
Just take 2 cups of pan drippings from the roasting pan and put in a small saucepan. You can add chicken broth if you don’t have enough pan drippings.
I like to use a mesh strainer to make sure it is smooth. Set this aside.
Next, use a sauce pan and melt ¼ cup butter over medium high heat. Whisk in the ¼ cup flour slowly.
Now gradually whisk the 2 cups of pan drippings you set aside. Bring this to a boil and reduce the heat to simmer.
Make sure to whisk it constantly. The mixture should thicken in about 5 to 10 minutes.
Salt and pepper to taste. It is amazing over the turkey!
You can get full details on how to make turkey gravy .
Oven Roasted Turkey Breast is so easy!
Try these side dish recipes too:
- Sweet Potato and Apple Casserole
- Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes Casserole Recipe
- Easy Corn Casserole
- Green Bean Casserole
- Crockpot Green Bean Casserole
- The Best Cheesy Potato Casserole (made with frozen hashbrowns)
- Crockpot Cranberry Sauce
- Cranberry Sauce
Print this recipe for baked turkey breast:
Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
- 9 lb Bone-In Turkey Breast Skin On
- 1 Large Onion peeled and sliced
- 4 Tbsp Butter melted
- 2 tsp minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme Leaves
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the turkey breast skin side up in a rack on a roasting pan. You can use a lightly greased 9X13 pan as well if you do not have a roasting pan.
- Combine the butter, garlic, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper together in a small pan.
- Rub the butter mixture on the outside of the turkey breast using a basting brush.
- Place the sliced onion on the bottom of the pan. Then place the turkey on top.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes per pound (so I baked the 9 lb turkey breasts for 2 hours) until the turkey reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F. I use a meat thermometer to ensure that the turkey is cooked to the current temperature.
- Remove the oven, loosely cover with foil and allow the turkey breast to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Slice and then serve. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe