Crockpot Cranberry Sauce is so easy in the slow cooker and delicious. With only 4 ingredients and hardly any work, you will never buy store bought again.
Crockpot Cranberry Sauce
We are going to show you how to make the best cranberry sauce. The entire recipe cooks in the slow cooker and is so simple.
Once you try this, store bought will never be the same. It has the perfect blend of cranberries, orange juice and more. The cranberry sauce isn’t too sweet and each bite is amazing.
I love how easy the recipe comes together in the slow cooker. Just set it and forget it. It’s the easiest recipe but will taste better than store bought.
Make this for your next holiday and be prepared for everyone to love it!
- Fresh Cranberries
- Orange Juice
How to make cranberry sauce in the slow cooker
First, put all of the ingredients in the crock pot. It is that easy!
Stir everything to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
You want most of the cranberries to pop and the sauce to thicken.
You can serve this warm or you can let the mixture cool for 30 to 45 minutes before serving. It is delicious both ways so just serve it based on preference.
Can you make this ahead?
Yes! You can and it sure helps during busy holidays.
Just make the cranberry sauce as normal. Once finished cooking, store in an air tight container in the refrigerate for up to 3 days.
I love to do this so it is one less thing to make on the actual day. It is such a time saver.
Can you overcook cranberry sauce?
Yes, you can. Cooking cranberry sauce too long will make it too thick. You definitely don’t want to overcook it because it will be way too thick.
Cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools. So if it is too thick when it has finished cooking, it will be way too thick when it cools and sets.
Tips for slow cooker cranberry sauce:
- I make this in my 1.5 quart crock pot and it works great for this recipe. This can also easily be made (and even doubled) in a 4 quart crock pot.
- Try doubling it for the holidays or a special dinner. Everyone will love it so you might want to have extra.
- Crockpot liners – Use these to make cleanup really easy. Cranberry sauce can be sticky so this sure makes cleanup so easy. It is worth the extra step and they are very inexpensive.
- Don’t reduce the amount of sugar. This helps the cranberry sauce to thicken so you want to use all of it.
- Add orange zest to the crock pot if you want even more orange flavor. The combination is great!
What is cranberry sauce good with?
- Turkey and Crockpot Stuffing.
- My kids love it with Stuffing Muffins. It is one of their favorite meals after Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- Slow Cooker Whole Chicken
What about leftovers?
- Pour cranberry sauce over a block of cream cheese. You can also add walnuts or pecans. Serve as an appetizer with crackers.
- Make turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce. It is really good on sliders.
Easy cranberry sauce recipe is delicious!
Thanksgiving and Christmas just got even better with this easy recipe. Homemade cranberry sauce is the way to go!
Print this CROCKPOT CRANBERRY SAUCE recipe:
Crockpot Cranberry Sauce is so easy in the slow cooker and delicious. With only 4 ingredients and hardly any work, you will love it.
- 12 oz Fresh Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup Water
Place all the ingredients in a slow cooker and stir to combine them.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours until most of the cranberries have popped and the sauce has thickened.
Serve warm or allow the mixture to cool for 30-45 minutes before serving and enjoy!