Cranberry Jello salad is the perfect dish to serve with turkey and more. You only need 3 ingredients to make this sweet and delicious jello salad.
Cranberry jello salad
This congealed salad is the perfect blend of sweet and tart and super easy. We love to make it for Thanksgiving and Christmas for a quick and easy side dish.
My kids aren’t huge fans of traditional cranberry sauce but they absolutely love this cranberry salad. We top it with whipped cream and it is the best! Learn how to make homemade whipped cream. It’s so easy! You might also like our cranberry relish.
Once you start making this easy salad, your friends and family will ask for it again and again. It is one of those dishes that just makes it feel like the holidays when you see it on the table.
You have to try this easy recipe!
- Raspberry Gelatin
- Crushed Pineapple in Juice – do not drain
- Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce – canned
It is that simple. Just 3 ingredients! The recipe is super easy.
How to make cranberry jello salad:
First spray a 9 inch square pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
Second, get out a medium bowl and put the raspberry gelatin inside. Boil the water. Add a cup of the boiling water and whisk constantly for 2 minutes until the jello is completely dissolved.
Once everything is dissolved, stir in 1/2 cup of cold water.
Next, stir in the crushed pineapple with the juice and the cranberry sauce.
Make sure everything is well combined and pour the mixture into the pan you prepared earlier.
Finally, cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate it until the jello has set. It should be firm.
It needs to be refrigerated for a minimum of 6 hours or up to 3 days before.
We love to serve it with with fresh cranberries and whipped cream. Not only does it look so pretty and festive but it tastes delicious.
How to store:
Keep the dish covered with plastic wrap. It should be stored in the fridge until ready to enjoy.
This is one of those dishes that you can make ahead to save time. So many recipes during the holidays require being made the same day but this isn’t one of them.
You can save time and make this up to 3 days in advance. I actually think it is better made in advance.
Tips for cranberry pineapple jello salad:
- You can also prepare this recipe in a 6 cup gelatin mold. Place the mixture in the gelatin mold and refrigerate. To release it from the gelatin mold, place the bottom 2/3 of the mold in hot water for about 30 seconds. Then flip the open part of the mold until a serving platter. Refrigerate the jello salad on the plate until you are ready to serve.
- Whipped cream is optional but it definitely makes this recipe even better! Plus, it looks so pretty when serving. We normally top each serving with whipped cream but another option is to spread it all over the top of the baking dish. You can do this right before serving.
- I like to make this a few days in advance. It gives it time for the flavors to blend and it also saves time during the holidays. You can make it up to 3 days before you are ready to serve it.
Cranberry Pineapple jello salad recipe is the best!
If you are looking for a simple side for Thanksgiving dinner, this easy salad is delicious. A lot of jello salads include cream cheese but this easy salad does not and only has 3 simple ingredients.
The crushed pineapple with the raspberry jello and whole berry cranberry sauce combines for the best salad!
It is so versatile and you can use a baking dish or a jello mold. Make this today and taste how amazing it is.
I bet it will become one of your favorite jello recipes.
Print this cranberry jello salad recipe below:
Cranberry Jello salad is the perfect dish to serve with turkey and more. You only need 3 ingredients to make this delicious jello salad.
- 2 boxes Raspberry Gelatin 3 oz. each
- 1 can of Crushed Pineapple in Juice 20 oz., do not drain
- 1 can of Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce 14 oz.
Spray a 9 inch square pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
Place the raspberry gelatin in a medium size bowl. Add in 1 cup of boil water and whisk constantly for 2 minutes until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Then stir in 1/2 cup of cold water.
Then stir in the crushed pineapple with the juice and the cranberry sauce.
Then pour the mixture into the 9 inch pan, cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate it until it’s firm.
Refrigerate for a minimum of 6 hours or up to 3 days before.
Serve topped with fresh cranberries and reddi-whip if you prefer and enjoy!
More Thanksgiving recipes to make:
- Corn casserole
- Crockpot Mashed Potatoes
- Green Bean Casserole
- Crock Pot Mac and Cheese Recipe
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Crock Pot Cheesy Potato Casserole