This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Raspberry Jello Salad is light, fluffy and made with simple ingredients. This jello salad is the perfect side dish or dessert to bring for the holidays.
Raspberry Jello Salad Recipe:
We love this creamy and delicious raspberry Jell-O Salad for potlucks, holiday dinners and more. You only need a few ingredients to make this salad and it is easy to make.
We love making jello salads because they are light and refreshing. You can easily make this jello salad with many different jello’s and fruit. Bring it to your Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner for a crowd pleasing dessert.
Serve this Jell-O Salad in a large bowl or in individual clear glasses. You can even layer it with a crushed pretzels for a delicious crust. Simple and delicious dessert that taste like you spent all day on it.
Why We Love this Recipe:
- Simple Ingredients – If you are needing a budget friendly dessert that only requires a few ingredients. This is the one to make. You can easily pick these ingredients up at the store for a simple dessert.
- Quick and Easy – This quick and easy dessert can also be served as a side dish. Make this dessert ahead of time for it to be ready for your dinner. It is always a family favorite jello salad.
- Holiday Dish – This classic recipe is always served at our holiday dinner. But it actually be served all year long with a variety of ingredients.
- Raspberry Jell-o Mix (3 ounces)
- Boiling Water
- Sour Cream (8 ounces)
- Cool Whip (8 ounces)
- Fresh Raspberries
- Mini Marshmallows
How to Make Raspberry Jello Salad:
- Step 1 – Dissolve Jello with Water – Mix together the boiling water and jello mix. Combine in a large mixing bowl until the powder completely dissolves.
- Step 2 – Chill Mixture – Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the mixture to thicken slightly.
- Step 3 – Add in Sour Cream – Stir in the sour cream and Cool Whip until well combined.
- Step 4 – Stir in Raspberries – Then gently stir in the fresh raspberries and mini marshmallows.
- Step 5 – Cover and Set in the Fridge – Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Then the jello salad is ready to serve and enjoy.
Can I Make in Advance?
Yes, you can make this Jell-O salad in advance. We recommend it because it does need to chill for at least 2 hours.
Make this salad at least one day in advance from when you are serving it. The ingredients need time to set and marinate to add flavor and texture.
- Making Jell-O – Combine the jell-o and boiling water together until it is dissolved. Then refrigerate for at least one hour. The mixture will thicken when it is ready to combine with the other ingredients.
- Stirring Raspberries – When stirring in the raspberries and marshmallows make sure to gently stir in. You want to prevent the raspberries from getting mushy.
- Chill Jello Salad – After combining the ingredients make sure to allow it to chill in the fridge. Make sure to cover with a plastic wrap when storing in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Double the recipe – You might want to double this recipe if preparing it for a gathering. Everyone will love it and the recipe is very easy to double.
- Marshmallows – Don’t skip this ingredient. They give the salad the best flavor and the texture softens into more of a marshmallow fluff.
If you are out of mini marshmallows, just cut the regular size into small pieces. No need to run back to t he store.
- Mixing Ingredients – We recommend mixing in the ingredients with the Jello by hand instead of a electric mixer.
- Cool Whip – We used cool whip in this recipe but you can alos use whipped cream. It is easy to fold together with the other ingredients.
- Softened Cream Cheese – This recipe works great for softened cream cheese mixture for added flavor. It works great if you make with raspberry pretzel jello salad. Just make sure the cream cheese is softened before combining with other ingredients.
- Cottage Cheese – Cottage cheese is a great recipe to add to this recipe. It adds protein and texture to this recipe.
- Frozen Raspberries – We recommend using fresh raspberries but you can use frozen just make sure it is thawed before mixing in. It may change the texture with the salad.
- Baking Dish – You can pour the mixture in a baking dish for an easy to serve it.
- Fruit – Feel free to change or add in fruit to this Jello mixture. You can mix in strawberries, orange, crushed pineapple, or mashed bananas. Orange jello, strawberry jello are great options.
- Jello Mold – If you prefer you can use jello mold to allow this mixture to store in.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers for up to 2-3 days.
Print Recipe for Raspberry Jello Salad:
Raspberry Jello Salad
- 1 Box Raspberry Jello Mix 3 ounces
- 1 cup Boiling Water
- 1 container Sour Cream 8 ounces
- 1 container Cool Whip 8 ounces
- 12 ounces Fresh Raspberries
- 2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- Mix together the boiling water and jello mix in a large mixing bowl until the powder completely dissolves.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the mixture to thicken slightly.
- Stir in the sour cream and Cool Whip until well combined.
- Then gently stir in the fresh raspberries and mini marshmallows.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Then the jello salad is ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe