This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Mandarin Orange Jello Salad Recipe has just 6 ingredients and takes minutes to prepare. Whipped topping, jello, fruit and more make this salad sweet and delicious.
This dessert salad is the best side dish and my family pretty much expects me to make it for any occasion. From Summer BBQ’s to Christmas dinner, this salad always has a place at the dinner table.
Lots of marshmallows, whipped cream, jello and fruit make each bite so creamy and decadent. It is light and fluffy texture and not heavy at all. My kids could eat this by the bowl for a snack. It is really so amazing.
With only 6 ingredients, anyone can make this with very little effort. If you can toss ingredients into a bowl and stir, you can make this recipe. It is just that simple! Also try Ambrosia Salad with Jello and Cranberry Pineapple Jello Salad.
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe:
Since this easy recipe has only 6 ingredients, the entire dish is so frugal. I don’t mind at all when people ask me to bring this because it is so easy and inexpensive.
In fact, you can easily double this recipe if you have a large crowd to feed. Sometimes, I do this anyway just so I can keep some at home if I’m taking this jello salad somewhere.
This family favorite side dish is so easy and always a hit out our family gatherings. I have even used other ingredients and the salad was amazing.
- Cottage Cheese
- Orange Jello Powder Mix
- Drained Mandarin Oranges
- Mini Marshmallows
- Drained Crushed Pineapple
- Whipped Topping, thawed
For the full list of ingredients and recipe, scroll to the bottom to see the recipe card.
Additions and Variations:
- Sugar-Free Jello – Feel free to change the Jello to what you prefer. You can use lime jello, peach jello, or sugar free jello.
- Mix-Ins – This orange fluff salad recipe is even better with other ingredients. We have added maraschino cherries, chopped nuts, and other fruits. We have added in peaches and used pineapple tidbits instead crushed pineapple.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Add cottage cheese to a large mixing bowl.
Step 2 – Sprinkle orange flavored jello pudding mix over cottage cheese and mix well.
Step 3 – Add mandarin oranges and pineapple to the orange jell-o. Mix well.
Step 4 – Stir in mini marshmallows.
Step 5 – Fold in cool whip to the cottage cheese mixture. The kids love to help with this part.
Step 6 – Cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving. You can do this overnight to really let the flavors blend together.
- Serving – Serve with additional mandarin oranges or whipped topping if you like. This is optional but looks pretty for garnishment.
- Drain Fruit – Make sure to drain the fruit before mixing in with the other ingredients.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Store leftovers in refrigerator for up to 3 days. We rarely have leftovers because everyone loves this fruit salad so much.
Yes, you can make in advance. But I would prepare the base of the dessert salad and then when ready to serve mix in the whipped topping.
We do not recommend freezing this dessert salad.
Try These Other Delicious Fruit Recipes:
- Tropical Fruit Salad
- Red White and Blue Fruit Salad
- 2 Ingredient Fruit Dip Recipe
- Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza Recipe
Try These other Easy Salad Recipes:
- Copycat Panera Bread Strawberry Poppyseed Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad Recipe
- Quick & Easy Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe
- Cesar Salad Dressing Recipe
- Perfectly Crispy Kale Chips
- Cucumber & Onion Salad
- Red, White and Blue Fruit Salad
We love hearing from you. If you make this Mandarin Orange Jello Salad Recipe, please leave a comment or a star review.
Mandarin orange jello salad
- 2 cups 1 – 16 oz container small curd cottage cheese
- 1 small box 3.4 oz orange jello
- 1 can 14 oz mandarin oranges, drained well
- 1 can 20 oz crushed pineapple, drained well
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 container 8 oz whipped topping, thawed
- Add cottage cheese to large bowl
- Sprinkle jello over cottage cheese and mix well
- Add mandarin oranges and pineapple, mix well
- Stir in mini marshmallows
- Fold in whipped topping
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving, overnight is fine
- Serve with additional mandarin oranges or whipped topping, if you like
- Store leftovers in refrigerator
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe