This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Make this Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe and save money while enjoying a delicious salad dressing. It is so easy to make and you can enjoy a Caesar salad at home for a quick meal or side dish. You can easily add chicken or shrimp for a complete meal.
If you enjoy making easy salad recipes then you need to make this Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing. The ingredients are simple and taste better than the store-bought dressing.
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe
This is the Best Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe. It has amazing flavor and you know exactly the ingredients that are added to make this homemade dressing.
Use this homemade sauce to top your favorite green salad or you can even use it as a chicken marinade.
Caesar Dressing Ingredients
- Anchovy fillets
- Minced Garlic
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Raw Egg Yolk
- Lemon Juice
- Dijon Mustard
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Vegetable Oil
- Grated Parmesan – You can also use Parmigiano Reggiano
- Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
Caesar Salad Ingredients
- Romaine Hearts, leaves separated and chopped
- Shaved Parmesan Cheese
Scroll to the bottom for the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
- Creamy Texture – For a creamy dressing texture add in mayonnaise or Greek Yogurt. We really like a creamy caesar dressing.
- Salad Variations – We used romaine lettuce for this recipe, but you can also make a Kale Caesar Salad.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1 – In a blender or food processor, add drained anchovy fillets, garlic, egg yolk, lemon juice, Worcestershire and mustard. Pulse until liquified. Leave running and slowly add olive oil and then vegetable oil through the liquid feed. This should produce a thick dressing.
Step 2 – Add in grated Parmesan and pulse to blend. Add salt, pepper, and additional lemon juice to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use
How to Make Caesar Salad
Step 1 – Place the lettuce in a large bowl.
Step 2 – Drizzle with desired amount of good caesar dressing recipe and toss until well coated. Easy! Sprinkle top with shaved Parmesan, croutons and black pepper.
- Combining Ingredients – For the best results we recommend combining the ingredients in a food processor. This helps to ensure that all the ingredients thoroughly combined.
- Serving – Feel free to top your salad with the homemade dressing when serving. But we like to serve on the side so everyone can add as much as they prefer.
- Umami Flavors – For the best caesar salad dressing, make sure to add in the Anchovy fillets. It gives it the best umami flavors.
How to Store Leftovers
Store leftovers in an airtight jar or container in the refrigerator. If stored properly the dressing will last about 1 week.
More Homemade Dressing Recipes
We love hearing from you. If you make this homemade caesar salad dressing recipe, please leave us a comment or a star review.
Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe
- In a blender or food processor, add drained anchovy fillets, garlic, egg yolk, lemon juice, Worcestershire and mustard.
- Pulse until liquified.
- Leave running and slowly add olive oil and then vegetable oil through the liquid feed.
- This should produce a thick dressing.
- Add in grated Parmesan and pulse to blend.
- Add salt, pepper, and additional lemon juice to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place the lettuce in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with desired amount of dressing and toss until well coated.
- Sprinkle top with shaved Parmesan, croutons and black pepper.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe