This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This Copycat Olive Garden Salad Dressing is zesty and full of flavor. Now you can make it at home to toss in your favorite salad.
Olive Garden Salad Dressing Recipe:
This copycat salad dressing is one of our favorite dressing to make. It is light and refreshing and taste just like Olive Gardens Salad Dressing. We love that is made with simple ingredients and we can now make it at home.
Olive Garden is known for many of their famous dishes. From their Zuppa Toscana to their tasty alfredo. We love all the meals at Olive Garden. But our favorite is beginning our meal with their famous Olive Garden Salad topped with their Salad Dressing.
Creating copycat recipes is one of my favorite things to make. It saves me time and money. My favorite part is when my family prefers my dish over the ones at the restaurant.
The Best Copycat Olive Garden Dressing:
This copycat Salad Dressing is easy to make with simple pantry ingredients. The best part about making this recipe is I usually have everything needed to make it.
Using mayonnaise adds creaminess to the dressing. While the vinegar, Italian seasoning and the other spices really brings this salad dressing together.
We love making a batch of this to serve over our side salad during the week. If you make the Copycat Olive Garden Breadstick this dressing is great for dipping your breadstick in.
Olive Garden Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- Zesty Italian Dressing Mix
- Vegetable Oil
- Olive Oil
- White Vinegar
- Granulated Sugar
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
How to Make Olive Garden Salad Dressing:
- Blend Ingredients – Place all the ingredients in a food process or blender. Blend until all the ingredients are well combined and smoothed.
- Serve and Enjoy – Pour on top of your favorite salad and enjoy.
Can I make Olive Garden Salad at home?
Yes, the Olive Garden Salad is easy to make at home. This Olive Garden Salad is loved by all and easy to make. We love the simplicity of this Italian salad.
It starts with a garden salad that you can get a grocery store. Topped sliced tomatoes, red onions, and black olives. Peppers are added and my family always fights over who gets them.
Shredded parmesan completes this salad with their amazing salad dressing.
Olive Garden Salad Dressing Tips:
- Salad Mix – You can easily top this salad dressing over a bag garden salad mix or romaine lettuce.
- Double the Recipe – This salad dressing will last for a few weeks. So I like to mix up a double batch to pour over my salads.
- Adding dressing to salad – We recommend adding the dressing when you are ready to serve. If you add the dressing to early then your salad will become soggy. You can also have a dish on the side so everyone can add as much as they want.
- Red Wine Vinegar – Instead of using white vinegar to make the dressing, you can use red wine vinegar.
- Greek Yogurt – For a low fat option, instead of using mayonnaise you can also use Greek Yogurt.
What kind of Cheese does Olive Garden use for their salad?
The cheese that Olive Garden uses on their salad is Parmesan Romano Cheese. They also add in olive oil, with an Italian Seasoning blend.
We used Shredded Parmesan Cheese and it still tasted just like Olive Garden’s Recipe.
Can I Marinate Chicken with this Copycat dressing?
Yes, I think it would be a great marinade for your chicken. To really enhance flavors for your chicken, place the salad dressing in a zip lock bag. Then place your chicken in the bag to marinate.
Let the chicken marinade overnight and the grill the chicken the next day. The results are a tasty, delicious and full of flavor grilled chicken.
How to Serve:
- Olive Garden Pasta – We love this copycat alfredo recipe. Serve with a side salad and top with this salad dressing makes for a complete meal.
- Copycat Olive Garden Salad – This copycat salad is perfect served with the salad dressing. The peppers, combined with the garden salad mix with the salad dressing makes for the best salad.
- Pasta Salad – You can easily make some pasta and pour this salad dressing over the top. It would make an easy pasta salad to take to your next BBQ.
- Pasta e Fagioli – Soup and salad is our favorite evening meal. This Pasta e Fagioli soup is one of our favorites to serve.
- Grilled Chicken Salad – This salad dressing it even great if you add meat to your salad. It give the chicken and the salad mix so much flavor.
How to Store:
Store the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator. The ingredients will separate some while it’s stored. Make sure to shake it thoroughly before using it.
Why we love this recipe:
- Simple Ingredients – All of these ingredients are staple ingredients. They can also be easily found at your local grocery store.
- Zesty Italian Mix – Don’t skip this secret ingredient. It what makes this recipe shine through its tangy, herb flavor.
- Variation – This salad dressing is great for many different uses. Use it for dipping your garlic bread, tossing it with your pasta salad, and even marinating your favorite chicken. The options are endless.
Print Recipe here for Copycat Olive Garden Salad Dressing:
Copycat Olive Garden Salad Dressing
- Place all the ingredients in a food process or blender. Blend until all the ingredients are well combined and smoothed.
- Pour on top of your favorite salad and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Copycat Olive Garden Recipes:
- Copycat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe
- Olive Garden Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Crock Pot Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Recipe
- Olive Garden 5 Cheese Ziti Recipe