Enjoy creamy and delicious Crock pot olive garden chicken alfredo pasta at home and save a ton of money. Let the slow cooker do all the work and serve your family a delicious pasta meal.
Crock Pot Olive Garden Chicken Alfredo Pasta
I love one pot meals and this recipe does not disappoint. If you enjoy Olive Garden, make this Slow Cooker Olive Garden Chicken Alfredo Pasta at home for a real treat. You are going to love this recipe.
The chicken is so tender from being slow cooked and the alfredo sauce is rich and creamy. My kids actually said they liked this recipe better than the restaurant version.
It is so nice saving time and money and giving my family tasty meals like this one. We have it on our permanent menu plan rotation because it is such a hit!
You’ll need a slow cooker:
If you are in the market for a new crock pot, I really love the Instant Pot Aura Crock Pot.
I also really like this crockpot as well. I use this all the time and it’s great.
My favorite feature is that you can lock the lid down. This is awesome for when you need to take the crockpot somewhere.
If you love slow cooker check out more crock pot recipes.
Olive Garden Crock Pot Chicken ingredients:
- Skinless Chicken Breasts, Diced
- Olive Garden Italian Dressing
- Minced Garlic
- Parmesan Cheese
- Block of Cream Cheese
- Penne Pasta
How to make Olive Garden Chicken Pasta:
Place the chicken, salad dressing, garlic, pepper and Parmesan cheese in the crock pot.
Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours on low or on high for 4 hours.
For the last 30 minutes of the cooking time, dice up the cream cheese. Place the cream cheese on top of the ingredients in the crock pot. Stir it into the crock pot. Cover and allow the cheese to melt.
Prepare the pasta based on the package container in a separate pan to al dente.
After cooking the pasta, stir the pasta into the crock pot right before serving and enjoy!
It is that easy!
If you love Olive Garden, you will love this delicious recipe. Our entire family loves this Olive Garden chicken. It’s a great recipe.
What to serve with this pasta recipe?
Here are my favorite things this serve with this creamy Olive Garden chicken Alfredo recipe.
- You can use chicken thighs in place of the chicken breasts or even a mix of both. The recipe will still be amazing.
- Try using other types of pasta such as bow tie, elbow or shells. Any type of pasta works great!
- You can use another brand of Italian dressing. I usually use the Olive Garden brand to get the same flavor but any would be delicious in this recipe.
- You can use shrimp and that would be amazing as well. The shrimp will only take 1-2 hours to cook through in the crock pot.
- Another idea is to add broccoli to the the crock pot 30 minutes before it is finished cooking. This is a great way to bulk up the meal and help stretch the meat.
Does this taste like Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce?
The sauce in this slow cooker olive garden chicken pasta does have a creamy Alfredo taste. However, the combination of the Italian dressing, cream cheese and parmesan cheese give this sauce a zesty Italian dressing flavor as well.
Do I have to use cream cheese?
I love the cream cheese in this recipe but you do not have to use it. You can use 1 cup of heavy cream or half and half instead to make the sauce creamy in this recipe.
The sauce will be thinner if you use heavy cream instead of the cream cheese in this recipe.
Can I put whole chicken breasts in the crock pot?
I diced the chicken for this recipe as it’s cooks quicker and combines well with the sauce and pasta.
You can use whole chicken breasts instead of diced for this recipe.
If you use whole chicken breasts, cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Shred the chicken and then stir in the cream cheese and pasta.
Can this be made in an Instant Pot?
Yes, this recipe can be made in an instant pot as well.
Place the chicken, Olive Garden Italian dressing, garlic, pepper and shredded Parmesan Cheese in the Instant pot.
Seal the instant pot and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes. Do a quick release to release the pressure from the Instant Pot after the cook time.
Then switch the instant pot to the sauté setting. Stir in the diced up cream cheese. Heat for 3-5 minuets over medium heat until the cheese is fully melted.
Next turn off the instant pot. Cook the pasta separately. Then stir it into the instant pot.
Serve immediately while warm and then enjoy!
Print the recipe for crock pot olive garden chicken alfredo pasta below:
Crock pot olive garden chicken alfredo pasta
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts Diced
- 16 oz. Olive Garden Italian Dressing
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 16 oz. Penne Pasta
- Place the chicken, dressing, garlic, pepper and parmesan cheese in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours on low or 3 hours on high.
- For the last 30 minutes of the cooking time, dice up the cream cheese and stir it into the crock pot. Cover and allow the cheese to melt.
- Prepare the pasta based on the package container in a separate pan.
- Stir the pasta into the crock pot right before serving and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe