This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This delicious recipe is sure to be a hit with everyone! Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza is so yummy and looks gorgeous with all the fruit on top. You can use whatever fruit you like. This dessert is simple and delicious!
Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza:
I’m going to show you how to make this Easy Fruit Pizza Recipe today! You will not believe how simple this recipe is! It comes together so quickly and it is absolutely amazing! The sugar cookie crust is so sweet and tasty.
The cream cheese icing is out of this world! The fruit on top is so delicious and I love that you can use what is in season.
I used blueberries, strawberries, kiwi and oranges. However, you can easily substitute fruit for what your family likes or what is on sale! If you love sugar cookies you might also like Sugar Cookie Bars.
Fruit Pizza with Sugar Cookie Crust:
This pizza makes the best dessert. It’s not too sweet but is just the right amount to satisfy that sweet tooth. It’s a great alternative to cake or other goodies.
I once went to a baby shower where they made this Easy Fruit Pizza Recipe instead of a traditional cake. It was absolutely gorgeous and everyone loved it!
It might be fun to dye the icing pink or blue for the baby shower. You could also make it for birthday parties and more. I think it would also be perfect for a brunch.
Fruit Slicer Recommendation:
If you don’t have one of these hand held slicers, then we recommend getting one. They are very handy to slice the fruit. It works for slicing strawberries and makes it so quick for recipes like this.
I used a 14″ pizza pan to make this fruit pizza. Just note that if you use a different size pan, you may need to adjust the cooking time. It’s a good size pizza and can serve a crowd. You can easily slice this into smaller pieces for parties and such.
What is Fruit Pizza?
Fruit pizza is easy to make. The sugar cookie crust is topped with a cream cheese spread and then topped with your favorite fruits. We love to make it homemade, but you can also also buy it at a store.
We then slice like regular pizza or you can slice into squares.
Why we love this recipe:
- Colorful and fun to make
- Lots of texture and festive
- Options are endless on the designs you can do with the fruit
- Kids can help make the fruit pizza
- Perfect for get togethers
- Easy to slice and serve
Fruit Pizza Ingredients:
- Sugar Cookie Dough
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Fruit toppings, fresh strawberries, fresh blueberries, kiwi and clementine’s
How to make Fruit Pizza:
- Prepare Oven – Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread dough on pan – Grease a pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray. You can also line with parchment paper. Spread dough into prepared pan.
- Continue Spreading – Use a sandwich bag sprayed with cooking spray to assist with spreading out the crust.
- Bake Crust – Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and center is set. Make sure the crust cools completely.
- Make Cream Cheese Layer – Beat cream cheese, sugar and cream together until smooth with a hand mixer or a stand mixer in a medium bowl or a large bowl.
- Top on crust – Spread cream cheese mixture onto room temperature cookie crust.
- Add the Fruit – Top with sliced strawberries, blueberries, sliced kiwi and orange sections. (Tip: Use a Strawberry Slicer to get even slices.)
- Cool and Serve – Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Cut into pizza size slices and serve.
How do you keep Fruit Pizza from getting soggy?
The best way to keep your fruit pizza from getting soggy is to prepare it as close to serving time as possible. Make sure that you drain your fruit if you are using canned fruit. Or if you are using fresh fruit that it is dry from washing it.
When the cream cheese sits on the crust to long, it will start to get soggy.
What are the Best Fruits for Fruit Pizza?
You can use the fresh fruit I chose or feel free to change it up. That’s the beauty in this recipe! Make it your own and personalize it to what suits your taste. We like to choose fruits that are the best for what season we are in.
Here are some of our favorites:
Can I use Canned Fruit?
Yes, you can use canned fruit just make you drain the fruit properly. Drain the canned fruit in a strainer. Then place fruit on a paper towel to remove an excess water.
We recommend adding the canned fruit right before serving. These are the canned fruits that we prefer:
- Mandarin Oranges
- Pineapple Chunks
- Slice Peaches
- Pitted Cherries
Sugar Cookie Crust:
We used a prepared sugar cookie dough to use as our crust. But you can make homemade sugar cookie dough if you prefer. It requires baking powder, granulated sugar and cream of tartar.
Making homemade sugar cookie dough does give it a thicker, softer crust. You may even like the texture of the homemade cookie dough, but the prepared sugar cookie dough works just as good.
Tips for Making Sugar Cookie Pizza with Fruit:
- Spreading out the Crust – I like to put my hand into a sandwich bag and spray the bag with cooking spray and press the dough into the pan. You may need to add additional cooking spray to the bag on your hand as you spread the dough.
- Designing the Fruit – We love to design the fruit in different fun ways. You can flowers out of the fruit to make the fruit pizza appealing.
- Change the Crust Shape – You can press the crust in a square baking dish. Use the blueberries and strawberries to make an American Flag for your holiday plans.
- Cream Cheese – We recommend using full fat cream cheese. You can also use cream cheese frosting.
- Slice Almonds – You can also top with slice almonds for some extra crunch.
Can you Freeze Fruit Pizza?
Yes, you can freeze the crust and then decorate the pizza when you are ready to serve.
If you have any leftovers, place the fruit pizza in the refrigerator.
Can you make Fruit Pizza ahead of time?
If you want to make the fruit pizza ahead of time, we recommend only making the crust ahead of time. Once you are ready to serve, spread your cream cheese layer and then top with fruit.
If you make the fruit pizza to early before serving, then the fruit starts to break down and the crust will start to get soggy.
Perfect Holiday Dessert:
This is the perfect dessert to make for your all your holiday get togethers. We love making it for BBQ’s and when we are hosting a baby shower or wedding showers.
It is easy to prepare and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients. Everyone always love it and it is easy to serve.
Print this Easy Fruit Pizza Recipe below:
Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza Recipe
- (1) 16.5 oz. package sugar cookie dough
- 8 oz package of cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Fruit toppings fresh strawberries, fresh blueberries, kiwi and clementines
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease a pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread dough into prepared pan. I like to put my hand into a sandwich bag and spray the bag with cooking spray and press the dough into the pan. You may need to add additional cooking spray to the bag on your hand as you spread the dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and center is set. Cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and cream together until smooth with a hand mixer. Spread onto cookie. Top with sliced strawberries, blueberries, sliced kiwi and orange sections. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut into pizza size slices and serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Fruit Desserts:
- Easy Fruit Kabobs
- Tropical Fruit Salad Recipe
- Copycat Chick-fil-a Fruit Cup Recipe
- Easy Fruit and Yogurt Parfait