Fruit kabobs are fun to make and eat. They are great to serve for parties, holidays and more. Everyone will enjoy these fruit kabobs for kids.
Fruit is a great snack or party food. I used to make fruit trays but recently started making fruit kabobs. They are so convenient because everyone can just grab and go.
Plus, they just look so pretty and they are fun to eat. If you are serving these at a party, it helps the serving line move faster. Fruit kabobs are just an all around great idea and yummy too!
- Red Grapes
- Skewers -wooden or metal skewers
How to make fruit kabobs:
- First, prepare the fruit. Make sure everything is washed and cut all the fruit so it will be ready to make the skewers.
- Second, start adding the fruit to the skewers. We used wooden skewers. Try to be gentle so the fruit stays intact. Add the fruit in rainbow order: Grape, Blackberry, Kiwi, Pineapple, Cantaloupe and then Strawberry.
- It is that easy! You can put the fruit kabobs on a platter. Just refrigerate until you are ready to eat.
Try with one of our fruit dips:
Skip the store bought fruit dip and try one of these instead. It is much better than what you can buy at the grocery store and makes more too. Those containers are often small and the price tag hefty considering how little you get.
This is much better and will save you money. I love to serve a platter of fruit skewers at parties and a bowl of fruit dip. Everyone always loves it!
What fruit is best for kabobs?
Grapes, pineapple, cantaloupe, honey dew, strawberries, watermelon, kiwi, blackberries and blueberries are some of our favorites to use.
Any of these would make great choices. Just use your favorite fruits. The kabobs will turn out perfectly and be delicious!
I rarely use bananas and apples because they tend to brown. However, if you want to use them, add lemon juice to keep them from turning.
We love getting the kids involved in making these because they have so much fun creating these easy Rainbow Fruit Kabobs!
Can you make fruit kabobs the day before?
Yes, you can. I actually prefer to make them in advance. Not only does this give the fruit time to chill but it also cuts down on prep time the day you plan to serve them.
This is so convenient if you are planning to serve them for a party. You can spend more time doing things needed on that day.
I wouldn’t make the fruit kabobs more than 12 hours in advance.
Tips for Rainbow fruit kabobs:
- Wooden skewers are convenient to use instead of metal skewers if serving at a party. Kids can just toss in the trash once finished.
- Not only is fruit dip great with these kabobs but so is ice cream. Sometimes, we like to serve fruit with a bowl of ice cream. The fruit is definitely a healthier option than traditional ice cream toppings.
- Get the kids involved with creating in the kitchen. This is a fun recipe to let the kids help with.
- You can use any fruit combination you prefer. We did rainbow color order but you can do anything you like. We have just used grapes and it was perfect.
Make these easy fruit kabobs for kids!
Print this recipe for Easy fruit kabobs:
Fruit kabobs are fun to make and eat. They are great to serve for parties, holidays and more. Everyone will enjoy these.
- 1 cup Strawberries with the tops cut off
- 1 cup Cantaloupe cut into cubes
- 1 cup Pineapple cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup Kiwi peeled and cut into thick slices
- 1/2 cup Red Grapes
- 1/2 cup Blackberries
- Skewers wooden or metal skewers work great
Thoroughly wash and cut all the fruit for the kabobs.
Then gently added the fruit onto the skewers in rainbow order: Grape, Blackberry, Kiwi, Pineapple, Cantaloupe and then Strawberry
Place on a plater to serve or cover and refrigerate until you are ready to serve!