This Quick and Easy Spicy Cheez-It Snack Mix Recipe is the perfect snack for your next get-together. Make it for movie night or a holiday party.
Spicy Cheez It Snack Mix:
Football season is here which means it is time to plan our get-together with friends and family. This Cheez-It party mix recipe is the perfect game day snack to fill up your fans.
We love having our family and friends over to celebrate the big game, and this snack mix is always at the top of our menu to make. If you are looking for a game day snack that the kids and adults will love, then these hot and spicy Cheez-Its are perfect!
How to make Spicy Cheez-its:
If you wanting to have just spicy Cheez-its, just omit the pretzels. This snack mix is still so good if you want to just have the Cheez-its. My kids love all things spicy, and Cheez-Its is no exception.
We have made spicy saltine crackers, but having Spicy Cheez-Its took it to the next level! The crispy cheese plus a little spice makes this the perfect snack anytime of the day.
Super easy snack:
This snack mix is easy to make. I have the ingredients on hand, especially during the holiday. It is a fun activity to get the kids involved in and it is a fun family tradition.
This snack mix is perfect for taking to sports events, on trips, or just hanging at home. It is also a nice treat to give to teachers, neighbors, and family during the holiday season.
Let’s make the snack mix!
Ingredients for Homemade Cheez it Mix:
- Cheez Its
- Pretzel Twists
- Ranch Dressing Mix
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Canola Oil or melted butter
How to make Cheez It Snack Mix:
- In a large zip tight bag or a large bowl, mix together the crackers and pretzels.
- Combine the ranch dressing mix, red pepper flakes and oil in a small bowl.
- Next, pour the seasoning mixture on top of the Cheez-Its and pretzels in the bag.
- Seal the bag tightly and shake until the Cheez-Its and pretzels are fully coated with the seasoning mixture.
Cooking Tip – I had trouble for a bit to get the mix to move around the bag. Make sure to leave some air in the bag when you zip it closed. This allows you to move everything to mix together easier.
Once perfectly seasoned snack mix has fully covered the Cheez-Its and pretzel, it is ready to be served.
Cheez It Snack Mix:
My kids love Cheez Its and now they have a snack mix. It is loaded with Cheez its made with real cheese, salty pretzels mini and a delicious spicy sauce.
This homemade snack mix is perfect for any occasion. We love to make our own so we know exactly the seasoning we are using.
Snack Mix Variations:
There are so many different variations you can try with this recipe. We love adding different items to see what we like best. You can change the pretzels, add in a something sweet, or change the seasoning.
- Add ½ cup of almonds or peanuts.
- Consider mixing in ½ cup of M&Ms to add a bit of sweetness.
- Skip the red pepper flakes for a non-spicy version.
- Sprinkle in some garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce and onion powder instead of the ranch seasoning mix.
- We used Cheez its but any type of cheese crackers or cheese flavored crackers would be great in this recipe.
Don’t forget to Print this easy Snack Mix recipe below:
Spicy Cheez-It Snack Mix recipe
- 1 Box of Cheez Its (12.4 oz)
- 6 oz of pretzel twists
- 1 packet of ranch dressing mix
- 1 Tbsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Combine the oil and seasonings together in a small bowl.
- Place the crackers and pretzels in a large ziplock bag (you may have to use 2 bags).
- Then pour the oil and seasoning mixture on top of the crackers in the bag.
- Seal the bag tightly and shake until the crackers are fully coated with the seasoning mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More quick snack recipes:
Chex party mix recipe is a delicious staple around here.
yes i like that on gsme day thank you Much try it.
I was wondering if I could use an equal amount of melted butter instead of the oil?
Yes that would work great!