This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
If you love a sweet and salty treat, then you need to make this Sweet Chex Mix. It is loaded with flavor and simple ingredients.
Easy Sweet Chex Mix Recipe:
This Chex Party Mix is the perfect snack mix. You will love the combination of the sweet and salty cereal mixture for all your gatherings. This is the perfect snack for game day or for the holidays.
Curb your sweet tooth with this delicious sweet Chex Mix. It is the perfect amount of sweetness and so addicting. The crunchy texture keeps me snacking it all day.
This Sweet Chex Mix can be made in many different ways. I love it that the kids can help make it for the perfect after school snack.
What is Sweet Chex Mix?
Sweet Chex Mix takes your classic Chex Mix snack mix to the next level. The combination of the butter, brown sugar and corn syrup gives the cereal mixture the perfect amount of sweetness.
If you are looking for a sweet and salty snack, make this quick and easy Chex Mix Mixture.
- Corn Chex Cereal (12 ounces)
- Rice Chex Cereal (12 ounces)
- Honey Roasted Peanuts
- Mini Pretzels Twists
- Brown Sugar
- Light Corn Syrup
- Baking Soda
- Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
How to Make Sweet Chex Mix:
- Step 1 – Heat Oven – Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 2 – Stir Cereal – In a large bowl, stir together the corn Chex, rice Chex, peanuts and pretzels. Set aside
- Step 3 – Melt Butter – Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium high heat.
- Step 4 – Add in Brown sugar – Whisk in the brown sugar and bring the mixture to a low boil.
- Step 5 – Stir in Other Ingredients – Remove from heat and stir in the corn syrup, baking soda, vanilla and salt.
- Step 6 – Pour over Cereal Mixture – Pour the syrup mixture over the chex mix mixture. Then gently stir to coat it evenly with the syrup mixture.
- Step 7 – Spread on Baking Sheet – Spread the mixture onto a large baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour (stirring every 15 minutes).
- Step 8 – Cool – Let the Chex mix cool completely at room temperature.
- Step 9 – Serve and Enjoy – Break into pieces, serve and enjoy. Before serving you can easily add sprinkle with sea salt.
Sweet and Salty Chex Mix Recipe Tips:
- Combine Ingredients – Stir the mixture together covering with the melted butter and brown sugar mixture. This helps with the flavor.
- Baking – Spread the mixture on to a baking sheet and bake for about an hour. You want to make sure to allow the Chex Mix to cool completely before serving. Make sure every 15 minutes you are stirring
- Serving – Break the Chex Mix into pieces and place in a mixing bowl to serve. You can cool the Chex Mix on wax paper if you prefer.
- Baking Sheet – Line the baking pan with parchment paper for best results.
Chex Mix Recipe Sweet Variation Ideas:
- Coconut Flakes – If you love coconut, add a tablespoon or two to this mixture. It adds flavor and looks beautiful with this mixture.
- Chocolate Chips – This Sweet Chex Mix is even better with added chocolate chips. We have added in peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips. It really makes this mixture that much sweeter.
- Reese’s Pieces – If you love the chocolate and peanut butter combination, you can add in Reese’s Pieces. They add color to this mixture and flavor.
- Chopped Nuts – Another nut that we like to use or to substitute, you can add in cashews or slice almonds.
- Golden Graham Cereal – If you have golden grahams cereal you can use this as a substitute to Chex Mex cereal.
- Marshmallows – If you love marshmallows they make a great addition to this Chex Mex mixture.
- Wheat Chex – Instead of using rice or corn Chex mix, you can use wheat chex.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Perfect for Gift Giving:
Everyone loves getting homemade gifts during the holidays. They are very sentimental and means so much to them that you took the time to make them something.
Whether it’s cookies or Chex mix you can’t go wrong with filling storage jars with homemade desserts.
Neighbors, friends or your kids teachers would love receiving this sweet and salty Chex Mix.
Why You Will Love this Sweet and Salty Mix:
- Simple Ingredients – This addictive snack is made with simple ingredients. When the holidays roll around, this is the snack mix I make.
- Quick and Easy – Anyone can make this sweet and salty mix. The flavor is amazing and can easily be made ahead of time.
- Variation Ingredients – My favorite part about this recipe is it can be made in a variation ways. You can easily add in chocolate chips, coconut or M&M’s. We have even added in sprinkles for the holiday that we are celebrating.
Print Recipe for Sweet Chex Mix:
Sweet Chex Mix
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, stir together the corn Chex, rice Chex, peanuts and pretzels. Set aside
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium high heat.
- Whisk in the brown sugar and bring the mixture to a low boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the corn syrup, baking soda, vanilla and salt.
- Pour the syrup mixture over the chex mix mixture and gently stir to coat it evenly with the syrup mixture.
- Spread the mixture onto a large baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour (stirring every 15 minutes).
- Let the Chex mix cool completely at room temperature.
- Break into pieces, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe