Halloween chex mix is the perfect snack for Halloween parties or just an after school snack. If you are looking for a salty and sweet treat, this snack mix does not disappoint.
Halloween chex mix
This easy Halloween snack mix is perfect for a quick and easy snack. You can whip this up in minutes and the kids will love it.
I love the combination of salty and sweet so this snack mix is a family favorite. Plus, it is easy enough that the kids can help make it.
This might become an annual tradition and everyone will look forward to it year after year.
If you like this snack mix, you might also want to try making Halloween Puppy Chow. Yum!
Halloween snack mix is budget friendly!
You know we love our frugal snacks. This recipe won’t bust your budget and turns out amazing for very little money.
Right now the candy bags with candy corn and pumpkins are on sale everywhere. This makes the snack mix even cheaper. Yeah!
Halloween is not very far away so you can start snagging them for cheap. Instead of pumping your children full of sugar, add some sugar in a fun Halloween snack mix.
Ingredients for easy Halloween snack mix:
- Rice Chex Cereal
- bag Bugles
- cups mini pretzels
- candy corn
- Reese’s Pieces
- candy corn pumpkins
- brown sugar
How to make Halloween chex mix:
First, preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
Go ahead and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. This will help with clean up and save time.
Melt the butter in a microwave safe dish.
Stir the brown sugar and butter until well combined.
Put the snack mix (except the candy) on your baking sheets. Drizzle the butter mixture over everything. Use your hands to make sure everything is well coated.
Bake for 20 minutes. At the half way point, stir the chex mix on the baking sheets.
Now toss in the candy corn, candy pumpkins and Reese’s pieces candy. Yum!
Break into chunks and put in a serving dish. It is so good!
It is that easy!
Other ideas for the snack mix:
- M&M’s are delicious. Try plain, peanut or any flavor you like. White chocolate is yummy too.
- Pretzel sticks work just as good.
- Try different flavors of bugles to mix things up.
- Use any candy you prefer. We have even just chopped up a hershey bar because that is what we already had in the pantry.
- Try White chocolate chips, peanut butter chips or milk chocolate chips. They all taste amazing.
Combine them all in a bowl and you have yourself a fun snack. Don’t let these ingredients scare you off.
You just combine all the simple ingredients with your favorite candy – from Reese’s pieces to candy corn to M&Ms.
Try 25 Easy Halloween Cupcakes. So fun and tasty!
It is that easy!
What candy and snacks do you like to throw together to make a fun snack for the kids?
We just love this delicious and festive snack mix. The sweet salt corn chex and candy combination make this so amazing. Try this tasty cereal mixture for Halloween parties and more!
Halloween chex mix recipe is so versatile and delicious.
By shopping when things are on sale I save money on groceries and it really helps our budget. If you have a crazy schedule, it can even be accomplished during busy week with quick and easy recipes like this one.
I actually cut our grocery bill by 50% off by following these 8 Tips for for Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning! You can do the same thing and use that money for something else!
This is a great way to enjoy great recipes on a budget. It can be done!
Just use what you have in the pantry or can get on sale.
Halloween chex mix
- 1 box Rice Chex 12 oz
- 1 bag of Bugles 14.5 oz
- 4 cups Mini Pretzels
- 1 bag of Candy Corn 20 oz
- 1 bag of Candy Corn Pumpkins 20 oz
- 1 bag Reese’s Pieces 8oz
- 1 cup Butter Melted
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe dish.
- Stir in the brown sugar and vanilla extract until they are well combined.
- Place the rice Chex, Bugles and pretzels are the 2 large baking sheets. Drizzle the brown sugar butter mixture over the top and use your hands to throughly combiner’s these items with the brown sugar and butter mixture.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes and stir about half way through the cooking time.
- Remove from the oven and allow for these to cool completely.
- Then toss in the candy corn, candy corn pumpkins and Reese’s pieces.
- Store in an air tight container and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
For another delicious snack try Spicy Cheez-It Snack mix recipe. It’s the perfect snack to please everyone!
For another Fun And Festive Halloween dessert, try this Spider Chocolate Pudding Pie! These mini Chocolate Pudding Pies are Made To Look Like Spiders!
Try these other Halloween treats:
- Fast and Easy Halloween Treats
- Halloween Puppy Chow
- Easy Halloween Desserts for Kids
- 20 Easy Halloween Cookie Recipes for Kids
- Easy Spider Cupcakes
- Spider Pudding Pies
- How to make and Decorate Ghost Sugar Cookies
- Easy Halloween Treats for Kids- Ghost Twinkies
- Jack o lantern veggie tray
Made this today to snack on while watching football. Warning – it’s highly addictive! Thanks for the recipe!
Yes, it is! Thanks for sharing!
Oh my goodness! This is so yummy! The perfect mix of sweet and salty! It is additive!
Thank you! I’m glad you enjoyed it!
This was very easy to make. Great snack!