This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Halloween Chex mix is the perfect snack for Halloween parties or just an after school snack. If you are looking for a sweet and salty treat, this snack mix does not disappoint.
This easy Halloween Chex mix recipe is perfect for a quick and easy snack.
Table of Contents
Why Make Halloween Trail Mix:
We love this snack mix as I can use ingredients that I already have. You can whip this up in minutes, and it’s always a crowd favorite. I love the combination of the sweet and salty treat for the perfect Halloween snack.
It has become the perfect treat to enjoy while watching our favorite Halloween movies.
Ingredients for Easy Halloween Snack Mix:
- Rice Chex Cereal
- Mini Pretzels
- Candy Corn
- Reese’s Pieces
- Candy Corn Pumpkins
Check out the full ingredients and recipe on the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Substitutions and Additions:
- M&M’s are delicious – Try plain, peanut or any flavor you like. White chocolate is yummy too.
- Change Pretzels – Pretzel sticks work just as good in this snack mix.
- Change Bugles – Try different flavors of bugles to mix things up.
- Favorite Halloween Candy – Use any candy you prefer. We have even just chopped up a Hershey bar. Because that is what we already had in the pantry.
- Add Chocolate Chips – Try White chocolate chips, peanut butter chips or milk chocolate chips. They all taste amazing.
How to Make Halloween Chex Mix:
- Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
- Step 2 – Line baking sheets with parchment paper. This will help with clean up and save time.
- Step 3 – Melt the butter in a microwave safe dish.
- Step 4 – Stir the brown sugar and butter until well combined.
- Step 5 – Put the snack mix (except the candy) on your baking sheets.
- Step 6 – Drizzle the butter mixture over the cereal and pretzels. Use your hands to make sure everything is well coated.
- Step 7 – Bake for 20 minutes. After about 10 minutes, stir the Chex mix on the baking sheets.
- Step 8 – Now toss in the candy corn, candy pumpkins and Reese’s pieces candy.
- Step 9 – Break into chunks and put in a serving dish or a large bowl.
- Line Baking Sheets – For an easy cleanup, make sure to line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cover Cereal – Make sure to completely cover snack mix with the caramel corn mixture. This will give it the best flavor.
- Break Up Chunks – Before serving, breakup the chunks so they are in bite size pieces.
How to Store Leftovers:
We recommend storing at room temperature. We keep a air tight jar on the counter for all of our holiday treats. This snack mix will last about a week.
Yes, this is the perfect snack to make ahead of time.
Yes, feel free to use what you prefer. I have used other flavors of Chex Cereal for a delicious variation.
Serve in a large bowl or place in small bowls for a Halloween Charcuterie board.
Try these other Halloween treats:
- Fast and Easy Halloween Treats
- Halloween Puppy Chow
- Easy Halloween Desserts for Kids
- Jack O Lantern Oranges
- Spider Pudding Pies
If you make our Halloween Chex Mix, make sure to leave a comment. We love to hear how your family liked it!
Halloween chex mix
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe dish.
- Stir in the brown sugar and vanilla extract until they are well combined.
- Place the rice Chex, Bugles and pretzels are the 2 large baking sheets. Drizzle the brown sugar butter mixture over the top and use your hands to throughly combiner’s these items with the brown sugar and butter mixture.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes and stir about half way through the cooking time.
- Remove from the oven and allow for these to cool completely.
- Then toss in the candy corn, candy corn pumpkins and Reese’s pieces.
- Store in an air tight container and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe