This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
For A fun and festive Halloween pudding dessert, try Spider Chocolate Pudding Pies. These mini Chocolate Pudding Pies are Made To Look Like Spiders and perfect for parties.
I have been making Halloween Desserts since the kids were little. I love to make festive desserts for the holiday season and these Chocolate Pudding Spider Pies are perfect for parties.
They are almost as cute as our kid friendly ghost cupcakes!
Table of Contents
What is a Spider Pie?
It is an easy and fun Halloween Pie made with store bought pie crust and ready to eat pudding packs. Each pie is transformed into a spider with black licorice and mini Oreo cookies. The total time is minimum for these easy Halloween treats.
Serve these Spider Pudding Pies at the next Halloween Party for a fun treat.
- Keebler mini graham cracker crusts
- Ready To Eat Chocolate Pudding packs
- Oreo cookies
- Mini Oreo Cookies
- Wilton candy eyes – small size
- Black licorice wheels
Scroll down to the recipe card for the complete list and measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
- Pudding Flavors. You do not have to use chocolate. Feel free to use vanilla if your kids prefer this flavor. Once you cover the pudding with crushed Oreo cookies, you will not be able to tell.
- Spider Eyes. Another fun idea is to use red candy to form the eye. You can use one or several.
Some ideas include red hots or red M&M’s. You can also just use the color of M&M’s you prefer.
- Homemade Pudding. We used store bought pudding packs to save time. However, you can make homemade Chocolate Pudding.
- Different flavors of Oreo cookies. You can use different varieties for a new flavor. Try peanut butter or mint Oreo cookies.
- Full Size Pie. Use a full size graham cracker crust to make one large Spider Pie. Embellish as normal.
How to make Spider Pies:
Step 1. Go ahead and remove the plastic from the pie crusts. Place on a baking sheet.
Step 2. Fill each crust with chocolate pudding.
Step 3. Top the pudding with the crushed Oreo cookies.
Step 4. Separate a mini Oreo. Top with a candy eye and place on the pie.
Step 5. Separate the licorice into pieces for the legs. Place on each side of the pie.
Step 6. Cover the pies and refrigerate until ready to enjoy.
Tips and Tricks
- Make in advance for parties. You can add the pudding to the pie crust. Cover and refrigerate. A few hours before the party, add the toppings so they don’t get soggy.
- This recipe is not freezer friendly. I do not suggest freezing the pudding pies. The texture will not be the same once thawed.
Try more Easy Halloween recipes:
- Easy Halloween Desserts for Kids
- 20 Easy Halloween Cookie Recipes for Kids
- Easy Spider Cupcakes
- Ghost Sugar Cookies
- Easy Ghost Twinkies
Don’t forget to please leave a comment and to rate the recipe once you try it. I love to hear from you!
Spider Chocolate Pudding Pie
- 4 Keebler mini graham cracker crusts
- 8 Ready To Eat Chocolate Pudding packs I used Hunt’s Snack Pack
- 1/2 cup crushed Oreo cookies about 12 cookies
- 4 mini Oreo Cookies
- 8 Wilton candy eyes – small size
- 4 black licorice wheels
- Unwrap the mini graham cracker crusts and place on baking sheet.
- Spoon 2 containers of pudding into each pie crust.
- Crush 12 Oreo cookies into mini bite size pieces. (I placed them in a ziplock bag and rolled a rolling pin across the bag firmly for about 5 times).
- Sprinkle the crushed Oreos on top of the chocolate pudding.
- Pull apart a mini Oreo cookie. Take a candy eye and place some of the cookie frosting on the back of it.
- Turn the mini Oreo over (the side with no icing) and press the eye firmly on it. The icing will make the eye stick to the cookie.
- Repeat step 5 to make all of the spider eyes. Gently place into the pie mixture to resemble spider eyes.
- Pull apart each licorice wheel into 8 pieces and place an on each pie to resemble spider pies.
- Cover and refrigerate if not serving immediately.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe