This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Homemade Chocolate Pudding is so rich and creamy for an amazing treat. It is actually very easy to make homemade pudding and you won’t ever go back to store bought.
Easy Chocolate Pudding Recipe:
This homemade chocolate pudding recipe will make about 6 servings so if you want, go ahead and make a double batch. Your family will thank you later. It is really that good.
Can you really ever have too much pudding? Everyone will go crazy over this decadent chocolate pudding. This recipe for chocolate pudding is made with simple ingredients that you probably already have.
From regular family nights to special occasions this is your new go to chocolate fudge pudding recipe. We love serving this classic, creamy chocolate pudding in fun glasses topped with whipped cream.
How do you Make Chocolate Pudding from Scratch?
Making chocolate pudding from scratch is not hard at all. Just a few simple ingredients and simple steps you will be enjoying pudding in no time.
If you have been hesitant to try making homemade pudding, don’t be. All it takes is pantry ingredients and a sauce pan and you can make this creamy dessert.
This chocolate pudding tastes so much better. I don’t think I realized how much better until I made it from scratch.
The flavor is really so unbelievable and you can really taste the difference in homemade chocolate pudding versus the store bought variety.
Chocolate Pudding Ingredients:
- Cocoa Powder
- Vanilla Extract
The ingredient list is really simple. I love knowing exactly what I am giving my family. You won’t find any hard to pronounce ingredients in this homemade chocolate pudding recipe.
How to Make Homemade Chocolate Pudding:
- Step 1 – First, in a bowl whisk together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt in a medium pan.
- Step 2 – Now, whisk in the milk and bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly. Allow the mixture to cook for 2 minutes while continue to whisk. This will make your kitchen smell heavenly. Then reduce the heat and whisking constantly.
- Step 3 – Remove from the heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Step 4 – Transfer to serving dishes and chill.
How long does Homemade Pudding take to Set?
I like to refrigerate for about 2 hours to allow the pudding plenty of time to set. Cover to prevent skin from forming on top of the pudding.
Top with whipped cream to make this homemade pudding even better. It is very simple to also make homemade whipped cream and the flavor is amazing.
If you are making homemade chocolate pudding, you have to also learn how to make homemade whipped cream. It is so easy and tastes so rich and creamy.
What else can I use this Homemade Chocolate Pudding to make:
Homemade chocolate pudding is so much better than store bought. You will really be able to taste a difference in your recipes.
I think it makes a huge difference and everything tastes much better. Give this recipe a try.
How to Serve Chocolate Pudding:
There are many ways to serve this chocolate pudding. Because of the simple ingredients we make this pudding for many occasions.
- Place in fun glasses topped with whipped cream.
- Place in a large bowl and take to your next potluck.
- Perfect to serve for a birthday party.
Tips for Making Chocolate Pudding:
- Combining Ingredients – Make sure to stir constantly until the pudding are combined and while it is boiling. Allow it to cook for at least 2 minutes.
- Chill Pudding – Once you have placed in serving glasses, allow the pudding to set for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Cover Pudding – Before placing pudding in the refrigerator, make sure to cover the pudding. This prevents a skin from forming on the pudding.
Substitutions and Variations:
- Chocolate Chips – Mix chocolate chips in the pudding and they are even delicious on the top while serving.
- Egg Yolks – To add creaminess and thickness to the surface of the pudding, add in an egg yolk.
How to Store:
Place leftover pudding in a container that is covered. If stored properly the pudding will last about 3 days.
Add your favorite topping and serve in a fun glass.
How Long does Homemade Pudding Last:
If stored properly homemade chocolate pudding will last about 3 to 4 days. Honestly, it may last a day in my house because of how delicious it is.
More Fun Snack Ideas:
If you like this easy snack idea, then you have to try some of our other delicious snacks:
Don’t forget to check out all our After school snacks.
Print Recipe here for Homemade Chocolate Pudding:
Homemade Chocolate Pudding Recipe
- Whisk together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt in a medium pan.
- Whisk in milk and bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly. Allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Transfer to serving dishes and chill.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe