This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Serve these adorable Mummy Hot Dogs this Halloween. They are fun and festive and only require a few ingredients.
Mummy Hot Dogs are simple, festive and full of flavor. Make it a tradition and make these mummy dogs before you head out for Trick or Treating.
Table of Contents
What are Mummy Dogs?
Mummy dogs are hot dogs that are wrapped in crescent dough. The are wrapped in a way that look like it is a mummy. Candy eyes are added for the full effect.
It makes the perfect Halloween party appetizer.
- Favorite Hot Dogs
- Pillsbury Crescent Dough Sheets (8 ounces)
- Candy Eyes
Mummy Dogs Recipe Variation Ideas:
- Change the Crescent Dough – We used the crescent roll dough sheets to cut strips into. But you can also use pizza dough or biscuits that have been flatten to pieces of dough.
- Switch out Eye Balls – We used candy eyes, but you can also just dot ketchup and mustard as the eye balls. My kids love to add their own dap of mustard to the hot dogs.
- Hot Dogs – Feel free to use different types of hot dogs to make this recipe. You can also use cocktail sausage size and make mini mummy dogs.
- Add Slices of Cheese – For added flavor add a slice of cheese to the hot dogs before wrapping the dough. This makes a fun twist and flavor to this recipe.
- Brush Egg – It is not necessary, but you can brush whisk egg on the crispy for a crispy dough.
How to Make Mummy Hot Dogs:
Step 1 – Heat Oven – Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2 – Cut Crescent Dough – Open the refrigerated Crescent roll dough sheets and cut the dough into ¼ inch strips.
Step 3 – Wrap Dough – Wrap the strips of the dough around each of the hot dogs. Make them look like the bandages on a mummy. Make sure that the dough overlaps and criss-crosses. Make sure to leave a gap toward the top of the hot dogs for the eyes.
Step 4 – Place on baking sheet – Place the wrapped hot dogs on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the dough on the hot dogs is golden brown.
Step 5 – Add Candy Eyes – Remove from the oven. Use the ketchup as the glue to place candy eyeballs on each of the hot dogs.
Step 6 – Serve and Enjoy – Then they are ready to serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy.
Hot Dog Mummies Tips:
- Dough Tips – You can use a package of Crescent rolls if they do not have the sheets in your area. If you use the rolls make sure to press the perforations together to seal them before cutting in strips.
- Prepared Baking Sheet – Feel free to prepare the baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up. This also helps from it sticking and makes it easy to serve.
- Cutting Strips – You can cut the strips with a knife or use a pizza cutter.
- Wrapping Hot Dog – When wrapping the hot make sure the dough overlaps so it gives the look of a mummy.
- Serving – Serve these Hot Dog Mummies with your favorite dipping sauce. We love ranch, mustard and ketchup.
Can I Make these Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can make these mummy dogs ahead of time. Store them at room temperature and place in the fridge. To reheat then place in the air fryer or place back in the oven.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Can you Freeze Mummy Hot Dogs?
Yes, you can freeze mummy dogs. Prepare the Mummy hot dogs as the recipe indicates. Then place on a baking sheet unbaked and allow them to flash freeze. This usually takes about an hour.
Then place in a freezer safe container and freeze. If stored properly, they will last about 2 months in the freezer. When ready to bake, you can bake frozen, you may just need to adjust your cooking time.
More Easy Halloween Recipes:
If you make this please leave a star rating and a comment. I love hearing from you!
Mummy Hot Dogs
- 6 Hot Dogs
- 1 pkg Crescent Dough Sheets 8 ounces
- 12 Candy Eyes
- 1 Tablespoon Ketchup
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Open the Crescent dough sheets and cut the dough into ¼ inch strips.
- Wrap the strips of the dough around each of the hot dogs to look like the bandages on a mummy. Make sure that the dough overlaps and criss-crosses. Make sure to leave a gap toward the top of the hot dogs for the eyes.
- Place the wrapped hot dogs on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the dough on the hot dogs is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven. Use the ketchup as the glue to place candy eyes on each of the hot dogs.
- Then they are ready to serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe