The kids are going to go crazy over these Halloween rice krispie treats. We are making mummies and monster today for a spooky and delicious treat in minutes.
Halloween rice krispie treats
This Halloween Rice Krispies Treat recipe and easy Halloween tablescape is a sponsored post from Family Dollar. However, all my opinions are my own.
With Halloween quickly approaching, I thought it would be fun to show you how to make the cutest Halloween Rice Krispies Treats. I’m calling them Mummies and Monsters!
They are the cutest and can be made in minutes making them the perfect last minute Halloween treat. They are the perfect addition to my easy Halloween Tablescape.
I think they will definitely steal the show! Each one is so fun and absolutely adorable for Halloween parties.
We used store bought Rice Krispies treats but you can just as easily make homemade Rice Krispies Treats.
Also try our Halloween Chex Mix.
- pre-made Original Rice Krispies Treats (or make homemade rice krispies treats)
- Candy Eyes
- Green Pre-made Decorating Icing
- White Pre-made Decorating Icing
- Premade Black Writing Gel
- Black Sugar Sprinkles
How to make Halloween rice krispie treats:
First I “cheated” a little by using Rice Krispies Treats from Family Dollar. They are the perfect bite size and it saves me a ton of time in the kitchen. However, sometimes I make homemade rice krispies treats.
I also used the store bought tub icing to decorate but you can make this easy buttercream icing if you prefer. It is so easy to make and you can use food coloring to make it any color you need.
Now, take the rice krispie treats and spread green icing on about half of them.
I just took a little of the store bought icing and I separated it into two bowls. I dyed one green and one black with food coloring. Then I made the cutest “monsters”.
I used a knife to spread the icing, and I did the same sandwich bag trick to pipe on the mouth. A little sprinkles for the hair and these monsters are done.
Aren’t they adorable? You could even do multiple colors if you wanted.
Finally, on the remaining Rice Krispie treats, put the eyes on the middle.
Use a little bit of icing to glue on some eyes. You can even use chocolate chips for eyes if you do not have any candy eyes.
Then, I put some icing in a sandwich bag. I pressed all the icing towards the corner and I cut the corner to make a homemade piping bag. Then I “piped” the lines on the Rice Krispies Treats to look like Mummies.
I think they turned out adorable! You can also use candy corn or anything you want to decorate these fun treats.
You could even make pumpkin rice krispie treats. So fun and simple! The ideas are endless.
It is so fun to turn regular rice krispies into Halloween treats. They are definitely perfect for Halloween and delicious too.
Try these Halloween rice krispie treat ideas!
From start to finish these adorable Halloween Rice Krispies Treats took me about 10 minutes to make. The kids were super impressed and they ate them all quickly. If I can do this, you can too!
I hope I have inspired you to make some adorable Halloween snacks and surprise your family with some Halloween fun!
Print this Halloween Rice Krispie Treats Recipe:
Halloween Rice Krispies
- 16 Pre-made Original Rice Krispies Treats
- 32 Candy Eyes
- 4 oz Green Pre-made Decorating Icing
- 4 oz White Pre-made Decorating Icing
- 0.67 oz Premade Black Writing Gel
- Black Sugar Sprinkles
- Unwrap all the Rice Krispies Treats.
- Spread the green icing onto half of the Rice Krispie Treats.
- Then sprinkle the black sugar sprinkles on the top portion of the Rice Krispies Treats with the free frosting. Then place on the eyes and use the black writing icing to make the mouth of the monster Rice Krispies treats.
- On the remaining Rice Krispie treats, place the eyes on the center of the treats using the white pre-made decorating icing. Then drizzle the remaining icing on top of the Rice Krispie treats to look like the wrap on a mummy.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these easy Halloween desserts for kids for more fun and easy treats.