This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
The kids are going to go crazy over these Halloween Rice Krispie Treats. We are making mummies and monster today for a spooky and delicious treat in minutes.
With Halloween quickly approaching, I thought it would be fun to show you how to make the cutest Halloween Rice Krispies Treats. These Monster Rice Krispie Treats are always a crowd favorite.
Making Fun Halloween treats with friends and family is one of my favorite Halloween traditions. From Halloween Chex Mix and No bake Halloween Treats to Spider Cupcakes these treats are easy and fun to make. You must also try these Jack-O-Lantern Chocolate Covered Oreos or these Mummy White Chocolate Truffles.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works:
- Quick and Easy – They are the cutest and can be made in minutes making them the perfect last minute Halloween treat.
- Simple Ingredients – Start with pre-made rice crispy treats from your local grocery store. Then add your favorite decorations for a crowd pleasing Halloween Rice Crispy Treats.
- Perfect Party Treat – If you love to plan a Halloween Party this would be perfect activity for the kids to do.
- Pre-made Original Rice Krispies Treats
- Candy Eyes
- Green Pre-made Decorating Icing
- White Pre-made Decorating Icing
- Premade Black Writing Gel
- Black Sugar Sprinkles
Scroll down to check out the full ingredients and recipe on the recipe card.
- Change Decorations – Feel free to decorate the Frankenstein Rice Krispies or Mummy Rice Krispies how you prefer. You can decorate with candy corn or M&M’s.
- Rice Krispie Treats – Feel free to make these treats from scratch starting with rice krispie cereal. They also have different flavors of pre-made treats. Try pumpkin rice krispies treats or mini treats to make these Halloween treats.
- Candy Melt – Feel free to melt candy melt for a fun and festive variation of colors.
How to Make Monster Rice Krispie Treats:
- Step 1 – Make Homemade Rice Krispie Treats or pick up premade at the store.
- Step 2 – I also used the store bought tub icing to decorate. But you can make this easy buttercream icing if you prefer. It is so easy to make and you can use food coloring to make it any color you need.
- Step 3 – Take the rice krispie treats and spread green icing on about half of them.
- Step 3 – Make the mouth with the black frosting. I used a sandwich bag to make the mouth but you can use a piping bag.
- Step 4 – A little sprinkles for the hair and these monsters are done.
How to Make Mummy Rice Krispie Treats:
- Step 1 – On the remaining Rice Krispie treats, put the eyes on the middle.
- Step 2 – Use a little bit of icing to glue on some eyes. You can even use chocolate chips for eyes if you do not have any candy eyes.
- Step 3 – Then, I put some icing in a sandwich bag. I pressed all the icing towards the corner and I cut the corner to make a homemade piping bag. Then I “piped” the lines on the Rice Krispies Treats to look like Mummies.
- Step 4 – Serve at your next Halloween Party for a fun and festive treat.
Rice Krispies Treat for Halloween Tips:
- Store Bought Icing – If using store bought icing, just separate it into two bowls. Dye one green and one black with food coloring. This allows you to create both the monster and the mummy.
- Piping Bag – If you have a piping bag, use it to decorate the cereal treats. But you can also use a ziploc bag.
- Baking Pan – If making homemade rice Krispie treat recipe make sure to line baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Cooking spray also works great too.
Can I Use Candy Melts?
Yes, feel free to use any type of melted chocolate you prefer. Candy melts come in many different colors and can easily be melted in the microwave.
Make sure to melt the mixture over low heat in a microwave safe bowl so they do not burn. You can also melt white chocolate and dye it any color your prefer.
We used store bought Rice Krispies treats but you can just as easily make homemade Rice Krispies Treats. These fun treats are made with mini marshmallows, butter and Rice Krispie cereal.
Store leftovers at room temperature in an airtight container. They will stay fresh for about 4 days.
Yes, this is the perfect treat to prepare ahead of time. Store until ready to serve.
More Halloween Treat Ideas:
- Halloween Deviled Eggs
- Fast and Easy Halloween Treats
- Jack O Lantern Oranges
- Spider Pudding Pies
- Halloween Desserts for kids
When you make these, make sure to leave a comment and let us know how they turned out.
Halloween Rice Krispies
- 16 Pre-made Original Rice Krispies Treats
- 32 Candy Eyes
- 4 oz Green Pre-made Decorating Icing
- 4 oz White Pre-made Decorating Icing
- 0.67 oz Premade Black Writing Gel
- Black Sugar Sprinkles
- Unwrap all the Rice Krispies Treats.
- Spread the green icing onto half of the Rice Krispie Treats.
- Then sprinkle the black sugar sprinkles on the top portion of the Rice Krispies Treats with the free frosting. Then place on the eyes and use the black writing icing to make the mouth of the monster Rice Krispies treats.
- On the remaining Rice Krispie treats, place the eyes on the center of the treats using the white pre-made decorating icing. Then drizzle the remaining icing on top of the Rice Krispie treats to look like the wrap on a mummy.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe