This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
These Jack O Lantern Oranges are super fun for a Halloween snack or a healthy Halloween treat for parties. With only 4 ingredients, these Halloween Fruit cups are easy and tasty.
I love these fruit cups because they are healthier than your traditional Halloween Recipe. Your kids will even be impressed with these cute Orange Jack-O-Lanterns filled with Fruit. Every year I make lots of delicious No bake Halloween Treats and sneak in a healthy recipe like this.
Table of Contents
Why you will love this recipe:
- Only 4 ingredients.
- Healthy but Festive.
- Ready in minutes.
- Oranges. You can use mandarin oranges, grapefruit oranges or any variety you love.
Scroll down to the bottom and find the recipe card with complete recipe ingredients.
- Fruit Selection. Feel free to use whatever fruit is in season in your area or whatever is on sale!
- Oranges. I usually use grapefruit oranges or regular oranges to make the Jack-O-Latern part of these fruit cups. However, you can use regular grapefruits as well.
- Fresh or Frozen Fruit. Stuff the Jack-O-Laterns with your favorite type of fruit or frozen fruit! I usually use berries for this recipe as they are small and can easily fit in the oranges. But these would also be great stuffed with grapes or diced apples.
How to make Jack o lantern orange fruit cups:
- Step 1. Clean the fruit. First rinse all fruit for this recipe and dry thoroughly.
- Step 2. Carve the top out. Then use a straight edged knife on your grapefruit oranges. Turn the knife inward at an angle while making a complete circle around the top of the orange (just like you would for a pumpkin).
- Step 3. Remove the top. Next gently remove the top of your grapefruit orange and set top aside.
- Step 4. Discard the inside of the fruit. Remove the inside of the orange by using a small spoon. Be very careful so you do not accidentally damage the orange during this process. Place the grapefruit orange juice and pulp into a small, separate bowl. You can save the juice and serve as a refreshing drink next to your treats.
How to carve your Jack O Lantern Fruit Cups:
- Step 1. Carve the Jack-O-Lantern face with a small sharp knife. This does not have to be perfect. You can use any shape you like such as square eyes, triangle eyes, a smile, or big teeth.
- Step 2. Prepare the fruit salad to go inside the oranges. Slice the top from 3 strawberries. Use this as a garnish on top of your orange jack-o-lantern!
You can secure it with a toothpick, or a dab of honey. Then slice the strawberries into quarters and then in half again.
- Step 3. Add the fruit to the Jack-O-Lanterns. Evenly distribute the blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries into each jack-o-lantern. Use a toothpick or tiny spoon to serve and enjoy!
Tips for the Best Halloween Fruit Cups:
- Trace the face with a permanent marker. I let my kids draw the faces on the oranges (gently) with a marker. Kids love to feel involved and then I carefully cut it our around their designs.
Try more fun Halloween recipes:
- Halloween Chex Mix
- Halloween Deviled Eggs
- Mummies and Monster Rice Krispie Treats
- Ghost Twinkies
- How to Make and Decorate Ghost Cookies
Go ahead and try this recipe and please leave a comment and star rating once you do.
Orange Jack O Lantern fruit cups
- 3 Oranges in this case I used Grapefruit Oranges
- ½ cup Blackberries
- ½ cup Blueberries
- ½ cup Strawberries sliced
- Rinse all fruit. Dry.
- Using a straight edged knife on your grapefruit orange, turn knife inward at an angle while making a complete circle (just like you would for a pumpkin). This will release the top of your grapefruit orange. Remove and set top aside.
- Begin to remove the inside of the grape fruit orange by using a small spoon. Place the grapefruit orange juice and pulp into a small bowl. You can save it and serve as a refreshing drink next to your treats!
- Once the grapefruit orange is empty, use a small knife to cut out your jack-o-lantern face! Be creative. You can carve square eyes, triangle eyes, a smile, or big teeth! Have fun!
- Slice the very top from 3 strawberries. Use this as a garnish on top of your orange jack-o-lantern! You can secure it with a toothpick, or a dab of honey.
- Slice the strawberries into quarters and then in half again.
- Evenly distribute the blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries into each jack-o-lantern. Use a toothpick or tiny spoon to serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe