This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Halloween Deviled Eggs is a spooky way to make your favorite deviled eggs recipe. The spider bodies are fun and festive and perfect for your parties.
Halloween Deviled Eggs Recipe:
If you looking for a fun twist on your deviled eggs for your Halloween parties, make these spider deviled eggs. They are the perfect addition and easy to make.
We love hosting family gatherings during the holidays and love deviled eggs, so this recipe was perfect for that. The kids really loved helping create this spider eggs which helped me out.
Make this easy Halloween appetizers for a twist on your deviled egg recipe. Skip the sweet treats this year and make this Halloween treats.
What are Deviled Eggs?
Deviled eggs are a classic recipe that can be made in many different ways. Hard boiled eggs are sliced and the yolk is removed. The yolk is the combined with seasoning to create a delicious mixture.
The mixture is then placed back into the egg whites to create a delicious holiday appetizer.
How to Make Hard Boil Eggs:
There are many ways to make hard boiled eggs. You can make them on your stove top, pressure cooker or place them in the oven.
If you are looking for tips and tricks on how to properly boil eggs, check out How to Boil Eggs.
- Hard Boiled Eggs (cooled and peeled)
- Real Mayonnaise
- Dijon Mustard
- Pickle Relish
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Black Olives
How to Make Halloween Deviled Eggs:
- Step 1 – Prepare Large Eggs – Slice the cooled hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks from the cooked egg whites and place them in a mixing bowl.
- Step 2 – Prepare Yolk Mixture – Gently mash the yolks with a fork. Then stir in the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, pickle relish, salt and pepper until it’s well combined.
- Step 3 – Olive Slice – Cut the olive half. Put 1 half of the olive on top of each of the deviled eggs. This make it look like the body of a spider.
- Step 4 – Thinly Slice Olive – Thinly slice the other half of the olives for the spider legs.
- Step 5 – Make Spider Legs – Place 4 spider legs on each side of the half of the olive. To make it look like a spider.
- Step 6 – Add Deviled Egg Filling – Then the deviled eggs are ready to serve and enjoy.
Deviled Eggs Halloween Recipe Tips:
- Prepare Eggs – You can easily prepare the eggs ahead of time. You can even place them in a water bath to help peel the shell. We think this recipe works best with chilled eggs.
- Sharp Knife – Slice the eggs with a sharp knife so that you have a clean cut. It also prevents the egg from breaking or tearing.
- Filling in the Egg Whites – You want to make sure that you are evenly adding the mixture to the egg whites.
- Yolk Filling – If you change the seasoning that you mix with the egg yolk. Make sure to taste it to see if it is good.
- Dye the Eggs – For a fun twist to this recipe. Use gel food coloring to dye the eggs a green food color. It makes it a fun and festive twist on this recipe.
- Change Seasoning – You can easily change the seasoning to what you prefer. Add in garlic powder, chives and more. You can even top with bacon for delicious flavor.
- Cheese – For a delicious twist add in cheddar cheese to the yolk mixture.
- Topping – When serving, you drizzle the top of the eggs with hot sauce or fresh parsley.
How to Peel the Hard Boiled Eggs:
There are many different options on how to properly peel the eggs. Once the eggs are finish cooking. Fill of a small bowl of ice water or cold water to stop the eggs from cooking.
We also recommend using older eggs to make hard boiled eggs. The shells will come right off after boiling them. This makes them super easy to peel.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers, covered, for up to 2 days.
Print Recipe for Halloween Deviled Eggs:
Halloween Deviled Eggs
- 6 hard boiled eggs cooled and peeled
- 1/4 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Pickle Relish
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 Black Olives
- Slice the cooled hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks from the eggs and place them in a mixing bowl.
- Gently mash the yolks with a fork and then stir in the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, pickle relish, salt and pepper until it’s well combined.
- Cut the olives in half. Put 1 half of the olive on top of each of the deviled eggs to look like the body of a spider.
- Thinly slice the other half of the olives for the spider legs.
- Place 4 spider legs on each side of the half of the olive to look like a spider.
- Then the deviled eggs are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe