This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Jalapeño Deviled Eggs is the perfect addition to your holiday dinner or your next BBQ. The delicious flavor makes these a family favorite.
These jalapeno deviled eggs is one of my favorite ways to make a classic deviled recipe even better. The jalapeño pepper slices add an extra kick to egg yolk mixture.
Table of Contents
How to Peel Hard Boiled Eggs:
Peeling eggs can get tricky and can cause your eggs to not look very pleasing. These tips will help peel your eggs so you can be proud to serve them.
- Chill Eggs – Place the eggs in a cold water ice bath for a couple of minutes to easily peel the eggs.
- Roll the Egg – After you egg has cooled, gently roll the egg on the counter. This helps to crack the shell making it easy to peel.
- Peel at the Bottom – On the bottom of the egg there is a air pocket. I simply hit the bottom of the egg on the counter which makes it crack. Then start peeling from that air pocket.
- Hard Boiled Eggs (cooled and peeled)
- Real Mayonnaise – do not use miracle whip
- Dijon Mustard
- Juice from Jar of Pickled Jalapeños
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Pickled Jalapeños
Scroll down to see the full ingredient amounts, nutritional information, and the full recipe.
How to Make Jalapeño Deviled Eggs:
Step 1 – Slice Eggs – Slice the cooled hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks from the egg whites and place them in a mixing bowl.
Step 2 – Combine yolk mixture – Gently mash the yolks with a fork medium sized bowl. Stir in the mayo, mustard and jalapeño juice. Then add just a pinch salt and pepper until it’s well combined.
Step 3 – Spoon Mixture Carefully spoon or pipe the mixture into the center of each egg half.
Step 4 – Top with a pickled jalapeño slice and dust the top with cayenne pepper. Serve cool and enjoy.
- Boil Eggs – We recommend boiling the eggs and peeling them once they have cooled to room temperature.
- Combine Filling – Mash the egg yolk and then combine with the other ingredients. Make sure to taste the mixture to adjust the seasoning.
- Sharp Knife – Slice the eggs with a sharp knife so that you have a clean cut. It also prevents the egg from breaking or tearing.
- Divide Yolk Filling – You want to make sure that you are evenly adding the mixture to the egg whites. You can use a spoon or a piping bag to add the filling.
- Jarred Jalapenos – If you prefer you can substitute the jalapenos with jar pickles or roasted red peppers.
- Mustard – We used Dijon mustard in this recipe, but you can use any type of mustard you prefer.
- Vinegar – Instead of the juice from the jarred jalapenos you can also use vinegar.
- Seasoning – Feel free to change the seasoning to what you prefer. You can add in garlic powder, onion powder and more.
- Crispy Bacon Jalapeno – Top these deviled eggs with crispy bacon for a delicious variations.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers, covered, for up to 2 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
We recommend boiling the eggs ahead of time and then prepare the yolk mixture just before serving. You can boil the eggs up to 3 days before boiling.
Then store them in the fridge until ready to make the yolk mixture. This will prevent the eggs from getting mushy.
Cold. When the eggs are still warm, the egg whites tear easier. Wait until they are cold to make deviled eggs.
Your egg yolks are probably not mixed with the other ingredients enough. If you need to use a hand mixer to combine them together.
It brings in some acidity to the eggs and brings out the flavor even more.
Yes, apple cider vinegar will work great in this recipe too.
More Easy Deviled Egg Recipes:
If you try this recipe, please leave a star rating and a comment. I love hearing from you!
Jalapeno Deviled Eggs
- Slice the cooled hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks from the eggs and place them in a mixing bowl.
- Gently mash the yolks with a fork and then stir in the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, jalapeño juice and just a pinch salt and pepper until it’s well combined. Then taste test the mixture and add more salt and pepper based on your preference.
- Carefully spoon or pipe the mixture into the center of each egg half. Top with a jalapeño slice and dust the top with cayenne pepper.
- Serve cool and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe