We’re going to show you step by step how to make the best deviled eggs! This EASY deviled eggs recipe is sure to be a family favorite!
Plus, it is simple to make and very inexpensive.
Best Deviled Eggs Recipe
Deviled Eggs are one of my favorite side dishes to make! They are so yummy and probably the most inexpensive recipe to make!
It’s perfect to feed a crowd, bring to pot lucks or just to make for your family. Whether you like extra mayo or maybe you like more mustard, these eggs are so easy to customize to suit your families taste.
This Simple Deviled Eggs Recipe is amazing!
- hard boiled eggs
- real mayonnaise
- mustard (try using flavored mustard)
- salt and pepper
How to make deviled eggs
First, peel the hard boiled eggs and toss the shells.
Second, slice the eggs in half lengthwise. Then remove the yolk and put them in a bowl.
I use the tip of a knife or spoon to help pop the yolk out of the egg.
Keep doing this until you have removed all of the yolks. Just set aside the egg whites for later.
Next prepare the egg yolks that are in the bowl. Use a fork to mash the yolks.
Once all of the yolks are mashed, add mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Combine this together.
Finally, put the yolk mixture into a ziplock bag and seal.
Tip: If you do more than 6 eggs, you’ll want to use a piping bag so that it will hold up to the yolk mixture. Sandwich bags tend to break at the seams and you’ll have yolk all over!
Trim the tip of the bag and pipe into the eggs.
Now just put the eggs on a plate and enjoy! If you want to be fancy, you can put a small dollop of egg yolk mixture in the center of the plate and add a sprig of fresh parsley to create a flower like look.
You can also sprinkle with paprika.
You can make several of these small plates to put on your table to add lots of color.
What is good with easy deviled eggs?
We love to serve it alongside these Grilled Green Beans and this super easy Crock Pot Ham Recipe with only 4 ingredients!
Throw in some Easy Homemade Dinner Rolls and you are all set!
You might also like this Crock Pot Cheesy Potato Casserole Recipe! It’s another yummy potato recipe that is great with just about anything!
Tips and tricks:
- I boiled my eggs and it was so simple using one of these egg timers. Once the water has reached the desired amount of boiling, the timer will turn dark red when it is finished cooking.
- Do you know how to make hard boiled eggs in the oven? This is another option if you don’t want to use the stove top.
- I use one of these handy Egg Keepers to tote the deviled eggs around. I have the Rubbermaid container and I love how tight the lid fits. We have taken this many of places and never had an accident. You can see all of the containers
- You can certainly just scoop the egg mixture into the boiled eggs. However, I like to use a piping bag because it makes the so pretty! If you are just doing a few, a sandwich bag will work too. Just keep in mind if you are doing a lot, those can bust.
How to Cook Hard Boiled Eggs:
First, put the eggs and egg timer into a sauce pan. You need to fill the pan with water so the eggs are covered in about 1″ of water.
Second, place the pan on the stovetop and heat on medium high heat. The water will boil and timer will turn dark red when it is finished cooking.
Make sure to immediately removed from heat and drain the water. Then fill the pan with ice and then cold running water.
The cold water allows the eggs to cool and to stop the cooking process. Take the eggs from the water and refrigerate overnight.
You can use immediately after cool, or all the ice has melted in the pan, but I like to cool the inside of the egg completely to make deviled eggs.
This classic deviled egg recipe is the best!
- Use flavored mustard if you want to make something a little different instead of yellow mustard. Dijon mustard is a great choice.
- Sometimes, I also sprinkle a little paprika on top. It gives the eggs a great pop of color.
- I have even seen sliced olives on top for garnish.
- Add hot sauce to the egg mixture to spice things up.
- Pickle Relish- add a few spoons of sweet pickle relish to the yolk mixture.
- Pour a little pickle juice into the yoks and mix for a new taste.
How Far In Advance Can I Make Deviled Eggs?
You can make this up to 2 days in advance. I would suggest waiting to pipe the yolk mixture into the eggs until the day you are ready to serve.
Print the The best Deviled eggs recipe below:
The best deviled eggs recipe
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- salt and pepper
- Place eggs and egg timer into a sauce pan. Fill pan with water so the eggs are covered in about 1″ of water. Place onto a stovetop and heat on medium high heat. Water will boil and timer will turn dark red when it is finished cooking.
- Immediately drain water, being very careful, fill pan with ice and then cold water. Let set for eggs to cool. Remove eggs from water, and refrigerate overnight.
- You can use immediately after cool, or all the ice has melted in the pan, but I like to cool the inside of the egg completely to make deviled eggs.
- Gently peel hard boiled eggs and discard shells. Slice eggs in half and gently open with your fingers and use the tip of a knife to pop the cooked yolk into a small mixing bowl. Set egg white aside. Repeat until all halves are removed of yolks.
- Mash yolks in bowl with a fork. Add mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Place yolk mixture into a resealable sandwich bag and seal shut. Please note, if you do more than 6 eggs, you’ll want to use a piping bag. Sealable sandwich bags tend to break at the seams and you’ll have yolk all over! Trim the tip of the bag and pipe into the eggs.
- Place eggs onto a plate and serve. Refrigerate covered. As shown, put a teeny dollop of egg yolk mixture in the center of the plate and add a sprig of fresh parsley to create a flower like look. Put several of these small plates on your table to add color and fun.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Hard boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot are the easiest I have ever peeled!
That is exactly how I make my eggs also. And get rave reviews
Carrie can u freeze devil eggs that have been fix ? Just a thought!!
Also how can u freeze raw eggs. Get some great deals on dozen
on of them. Thanks
We have chickens in our backyard and we LOVE to follow this recipe for simple deviled eggs. My young daughter loves to gather the eggs and follow the recipe “herself”! Thanks for sharing great, family friendly recipes.
Devil eggs are the ultimate comfort food. This is the easiest recipe!
This looks like a good recipe to try. Clear directions . Suggestions. I will try it soon,
This has been my go to for appetizers – so easy and so GOOD!! – trust me, it’s a winner!!!!!
That is how i make my deviled eggs also really good