This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
We’re going to show you step by step how to make the Best Deviled Eggs. This EASY deviled eggs recipe is sure to be a family favorite. Plus, it is simple to make and very inexpensive.
Deviled Eggs are one of my favorite side dishes to make. They are so yummy and probably the most inexpensive recipe to make.
It’s perfect to feed a crowd, bring to pot lucks or just to make for your family. Whether you like extra mayo or maybe you like more mustard, these eggs are so easy to customize to suit your families taste.
Table of Contents
What are Deviled Eggs?
Deviled Eggs takes hard boiled eggs to the next level. It is a classic holiday dish that can be made in variations ways. Hard boiled eggs are sliced and the egg yolk is mixed with mayo, mustard, and seasoned to fill the egg white.
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Real Mayonnaise
- Mustard (try using flavored mustard)
- Salt and Pepper
Scroll to the bottom for the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
- Mustard – Use flavored mustard if you want to make something a little different instead of yellow mustard. Dijon mustard is a great choice.
- Seasoning – Sometimes, I also sprinkle a little paprika on top. It gives the eggs a great pop of color. Feel free to add in fresh herbs such as basil or rosemary. We have even add in a ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper for a hint spice.
- Black Olives – I have even seen sliced olives on top for garnish.
- Hot Sauce – Add hot sauce sriracha sauce to the egg mixture to spice things up.
- Pickle Relish– add a few spoons of sweet pickle relish to the yolk mixture.
- Pickle Juice – Pour a little pickle juice into the yoks and mix for a new taste.
- Vinegar – You can also add in teaspoon of vinegar to balance out the flavors.
How to Make Deviled Eggs
Step 1 – First, peel the hard boiled eggs and toss the shells.
Step 2 – Second, slice the large eggs in half lengthwise. Then remove the yolk and put them in a bowl. I use the tip of a knife or spoon to help pop the yolk out of the egg.
Step 3 – Next prepare the egg yolks that are in the bowl. Use a fork to mash the yolks. Once all of the yolks are mashed, add mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Combine this together.
Step 4 – Finally, put the yolk mixture into a ziplock plastic bag and seal. Trim the tip of the bag and pipe into the eggs.
- Step 5 – Now just put the eggs on a plate and enjoy! If you want to be fancy, you can put a small dollop of egg yolk mixture in the center of the plate and add a sprig of fresh parsley to create a flower like look.
- Step 6 – Sprinkle with paprika. You can make several of these small plates to put on your table to add lots of color.
Tips and Tricks
- Boiling Eggs – I boiled my eggs and it was so simple using one of these egg timers. Once the water has reached the desired amount of boiling, the timer will turn dark red when it is finished cooking.
- Boil Eggs in the Oven – Do you know how to make hard boiled eggs in the oven? This is another option if you don’t want to use the stove top.
- Deviled Eggs Carrier – I use one of these handy Egg Keepers to tote the deviled eggs around. I have the Rubbermaid container and I love how tight the lid fits. We have taken this many of places and never had an accident. You can see all of the containers
- Use Piping Bags – You can certainly just scoop the egg mixture into the boiled eggs. However, I like to use a piping bag because it makes the so pretty! If you are just doing a few, a sandwich bag will work too. Just keep in mind if you are doing a lot, those can bust.
What is Good with Easy Deviled Eggs?
Throw in some Easy Homemade Dinner Rolls and you are all set!
You might also like this Crock Pot Cheesy Potato Casserole Recipe! It’s another yummy potato recipe that is great with just about anything!
Frequently Asked Questions
You can make this up to 2 days in advance. I would suggest waiting to pipe the yolk mixture into the eggs until the day you are ready to serve.
Peeling eggs can get tricky so choosing the right method will peel your hard boiled eggs with easy. We find that older eggs peel easily and placing them in ice cold water after boiling them. Another great option is to roll the egg on the counter to crack it and it should easily peel without damaging the egg.
Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
More Easy Egg Recipes
- Lunch Ideas for kids – hard boiled eggs with cinnamon sticks
- Easy Breakfast egg muffins Recipe
- How to freeze eggs
- Healthy Egg Muffin Recipe
We love to hear from you. If you make these Best Deviled Eggs Recipe, please leave us a comment or star review.
Best Deviled Eggs
- 6 hard boiled eggs cooled and peeled
- 1/4 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Slice the cooled hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks from the eggs and place them in a mixing bowl.
- Mash yolks in bowl with a fork. Add mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Place yolk mixture into a resealable sandwich bag and seal shut. Trim the tip of the bag and pipe into the eggs.
- Place eggs onto a plate and serve and sprinkle the paprika on top. Refrigerate covered.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe