This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Jazz up breakfast with this easy Egg muffin cups recipe. Use any toppings you like and make delicious egg muffin cups for a quick breakfast.
This is the easiest breakfast but turns out amazing. You can make a big batch ahead of time to enjoy all week long. They are also freezer friendly and so frugal.
We love to make several different kinds. The ideas are endless for toppings. It is also a great way to use what you have and clean out the fridge.
Let’s get started!
Ingredients for heathy egg muffin recipe:
- 6 Large Eggs
- 6 Large Egg Whites
- 1 cup Baby Spinach Chopped
- ½ Red Bell Pepper Diced
- ½ Green Bell Pepper Diced
- 18 Cherry Tomatoes Quartered
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
How to make egg muffin recipe:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Divide the bell peppers, spinach and tomatoes evenly among the muffin tins.
Next, top with the shredded mozzarella cheese (divided evenly among the muffin tins as well).
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper until well combined.
Top each muffin tin with the eggs mixture and fill just below the top of each one.
Bake for 24-26 minutes until the eggs are set. Let cool for a few minutes and then carefully remove the egg muffins from the tin.
Serve warm immediately or cool completely to store in the refrigerator or freezer for later!
My kids devoured these! My husband loved them too. I love them because you could mix them up ahead of time and then just pop them in the oven. Enjoy!
Now you know how to make egg muffin cups!
How long will breakfast egg muffins last:
Typically the egg muffins will last a week if kept in the fridge. I like to make a large batch on Sunday and we can enjoy them during the week on busy school mornings.
How to freeze egg muffins:
You can easily freeze these egg muffins. Just place in a freezer bag. I suggest you letting them thaw over night in the fridge and then reheating in the microwave for a super easy morning.
You can make a bunch of them ahead of time and then keep them in your fridge to use on other mornings. They heat up in minutes for quick and easy breakfasts.
Variation ideas for healthy egg muffin recipe:
- Try adding sausage or bacon.
- Diced onions combine perfectly with bell peppers.
- Use leftover veggies in the cups. We love broccoli, mushrooms, spinach and anything we have!
- Any type of cheese will work. Cheddar, monterey jack, colby and more.
- Bell peppers. Try other types such as red or yellow.
Time Saving Tips:
This recipe calls for bell peppers and sometimes we all add diced onion. Another time saving tip is to use a small food chopper or food processor to quickly and easily chop the bell peppers.
If you do not have one of these, I highly recommend them. They are such a time saver and you can get the veggies really fine if you have children that are picky.
I usually just chop the entire vegetable and freeze what I don’t need. It’s so nice to be able to just take the diced onion out of the freezer for recipes.
This is how I meal prep. It’s so quick and easy and helps get dinner on the table fast.
Give this tasty recipe a try!
Breakfast egg muffins are super easy and one of our favorite healthy breakfasts. It’s a great way to enjoy scrambled eggs in a fun muffin.
These are perfect for on the go. You can freeze some for later and just reheat egg muffins.
Everyone will love these tasty egg cup. Let us know once you try them and how they turn out for you!
Print this easy breakfast egg muffin recipe below:
Healthy Egg Muffin Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Divide the bell peppers, spinach and tomatoes evenly among the muffin tins.
- Then top with the shredded mozzarella cheese (divided evenly among the muffin tins as well).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Top each muffin tin with the eggs mixture and fill just below the top of each one.
- Bake for 24-26 minutes until the eggs are set.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then carefully remove the egg muffins from the tin.
- Serve warm immediately or cool completely to store in the refrigerator or freezer for later!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other easy breakfast ideas:
- Overnight French Toast Casserole Recipe
- French Toast Sticks recipe
- Quick and Easy Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- Mini Donut Muffins
- Easy Pancake Muffins Recipe
- Freezer Breakfast Burritos Recipe
- french toast muffins recipe
- Crock pot Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- Easy Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
Try these other easy egg recipes:
- Easy Scrambled Egg Muffins
- Easy Quiche Recipe
- Bacon Egg and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Easy Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole