This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
These Pimento Cheese Deviled Eggs are loaded with zesty flavor. The pimento cheese filling makes for a delicious twist on a classic recipe.
Deviled eggs is a recipe that can be made in many different ways. I love to serve appetizer recipes and these Pimento Cheese Deviled Eggs is one of my favorites. The simple ingredients makes this a great way to put twist on your deviled eggs recipe.
Everyone will love this new recipe and it makes for an amazing appetizer and side dish. If you are looking for more pimento cheese recipes, make Pimento Cheese Dip or a classic Pimento Cheese Sandwich.
You may also love Paula Deen Deviled Eggs Recipe.
Table of Contents
Why Make Pimento Cheese Deviled Eggs:
There are many different ways to make deviled eggs and this Pimento Cheese recipe is one of our favorites. The bold and zesty flavors makes this the perfect recipe for your holiday meal.
If you are looking to change up your deviled eggs recipes, then you need to make this recipe. Start with Hard Boiled Eggs and fill the egg whites with the pimento cheese filling.
- Hard Boiled Eggs (cooled and peeled)
- Real Mayonnaise
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Dijon Mustard
- Jar of Pimento Peppers (drained and chopped)
- Garlic Powder
- Chives (chopped)
For the full recipe and ingredients scroll to the bottom of the post to see the recipe card.
- Cheese – Feel free to change the cheese in this recipe. You can easily use sharp cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese or Monterey Jack Cheese.
- Yolk Mixture – You can easily change or add ingredients to the yolk mixture. You can add in dill pickle relish, yellow mustard or Worcestershire sauce to taste.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Slice the cooled hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks from the eggs and place in a food processor.
Step 2 – Add in the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Puree until smooth.
Step 3 – Add in the cheese and diced store-bought pimento cheese (reserve some for topping). Combine but do not completely puree.
Step 4 – Carefully spoon or pipe the mixture into the center of each egg half. Top with the paprika, reserved chopped pimentos and chopped chives. Place in the fridge then serve and enjoy!
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs:
Everyone has their own special way of making Hard Boiled Eggs. We like making them in oven. This method is fool proof and the eggs cook perfectly.
Feel free to prepare your eggs in the instant pot, stove top in a large pot and more. We even like to prepare ahead of time to make this recipe even easier.
Deviled Eggs Pimento Cheese Recipe Tips:
- Prepare Eggs – We recommend preparing eggs ahead of time to easily make this recipe. Cook the eggs with a soft center and peel the boil eggs once they have cooled.
- Preparing the Yolk Mixture – Combine the ingredients together in a food processor. You want to just combine and not completely puree the mixture.
- Adding Mixture – When you are ready to add mixture to the egg whites. We recommend using a piping bag to easily add to the egg whites.
- Divide Yolk Filling – You want to make sure that you are evenly adding the mixture to the egg whites.
- Garnish Egg – You can easily garnish the eggs with many toppings. Sprinkle with hot sauce, smoked paprika or chopped green onions.
How to Peel Hard Boiled Eggs Easily:
There are many ways to peel hard boiled eggs. Peeling eggs can get tricky and can cause your eggs to not look very pleasing. These are some of favorite ways to peel hard eggs.
- Older Eggs – I find that using older eggs make it easy to peel them when hard boiled.
- Chill Eggs – Everyone has their own method to boiling eggs. But I like to place them in a cold water ice bath after baking. This usually causes the shell to peel right off.
- Roll the Egg – After you egg has cooled, gently roll the egg on the counter. This helps to crack the shell making it easy to peel.
- Peel at the Bottom – On the bottom of the egg there is a air pocket. I simply hit the bottom of the egg on the counter which makes it crack. Then start peeling from that air pocket. The shell will come right off.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Refrigerate the leftovers, covered, for up to 2 days.
Deviled eggs can be prepared in advance in stages. We recommend boiling the eggs, peel and store in the fridge. Then the day before serving, prepare the egg yolk mixture and fill the eggs.
Preparing the eggs to early could cause the eggs to get soggy.
Deviled eggs only stay food for about 3 days if stored properly. After this time they can get soggy. Make sure to enjoy quickly after making the deviled eggs.
More Deviled Eggs Recipe:
If you make this Pimento Cheese Deviled Egg Recipe, make sure to comment or leave us a star review. We love hearing from you.
Pimento Cheese Deviled Eggs
- Slice the cooled hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks from the eggs and place them in a mixing bowl.
- Place the egg yolks in a food processor.
- Add in the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Puree until smooth.
- Add in the cheese and diced pimentos (reserve some for topping) and plus to combine but do not completely puree.
- Carefully spoon or pipe the mixture into the center of each egg half. Top with the paprika, reserved chopped pimentos and chopped chives.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe