This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Broccoli cranberry salad is savory and sweet for amazing flavor in each bite. Broccoli salad has the best dressing and it is so simple to make. This will be a hit!
Broccoli cranberry salad
This is a great side dish and really simple to make. I guarantee if you make this for the next potluck or cookout, everyone will ask for the recipe.
It is similar to our Broccoli Salad with bacon but a little different with cranberries. This twist is so delicious and I think you will really love it.
The dressing is light with a hint of sweetness. I have friends that really aren’t huge broccoli fans but they love this salad. They were surprised how much they loved it.
So give it a try even if broccoli isn’t your favorite veggie. The ingredients of the salad combine with the dressing for a really great flavor combination.
- Broccoli – The broccoli florets should be washed and chopped into bite size pieces. It is so much easier to eat when you cut into these small pieces. You can also add cauliflower in with the broccoli to change things up.
- Red Onion – You can also use vidalia onions for a sweeter taste. However, I like the pop of color the red onion gives the salad.
- Dried Cranberries – I have also used raisins and it was delicious.
- Pecans- chopped. Walnuts also work great. Use what you have or prefer! You can even add a handful of sunflower seeds.
- mayonnaise – You can use Greek yogurt to lighten things up. See The Best Mayonnaise Substitutes)
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Lemon Juice
- Poppy Seeds
- Salt and pepper
Tip: This dressing is also delicious served over a spinach salad. It is a great dressing and really flavorful.
How to make Broccoli cranberry salad
This is the easiest recipe!
First, let’s make the dressing. Put the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until well combined. Set the dressing aside for later.
Next, is the salad. Just put all the other ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Combine the ingredients.
Finally, pour the dressing over the ingredients. Toss everything together to make sure it is well coated. Enjoy!
How long with broccoli salad last
If you have any salad leftover, put inside an air tight container for up to 2 days in the fridge.
We rarely have any leftover though. It goes pretty fast because everyone just loves it.
What to serve with broccoli cranberry salad recipe?
Broccoli cranberry salad
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Place all the other ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Toss to combine. Pour the dressing over the top of the ingredients and toss to make sure that everything is well coated with the dressing.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Serve cold and enjoy!
- *Refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 2 days.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe