This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Cranberry relish recipe has only 3 ingredients and goes perfectly with turkey, dressing and more. Make this in minutes for the perfect addition to your holiday meal.
Easy Cranberry Relish is a must side dish at all of our Thanksgiving or Christmas Meal. My kids always have to have mashed potatoes but I will never skip on this dish.
Table of Contents
What is Cranberry Relish?
Cranberry relish is made from raw cranberries and blended in a food processor with orange slices and sugar. It is uncooked which is one of the main differences from cranberry sauce.
- Frozen Cranberries
- Orange Peel
- Granulated sugar
Scroll to the bottom for the recipe card to see the full list of ingredients and recipe.
- Sugar – You can decrease the sugar to ½ cup of sugar or ¼ cup if you want a slightly less sweet relish.
- Toppings – Feel free to serve this relish with chopped nuts. We recommend walnuts or pecans.
- Warm Spices – Feel free to add in warm spices to this Orange Relish Recipes. Ground Cinnamon or a teaspoons ginger for added flavor.
- Change the Fruit – We have also substituted the orange with a granny smith apple or a pear.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – Prepare cranberries by thawing them if using frozen cranberries.
- Step 2 – Slice the ends off the orange. Leave the rest of the skin on and slice the orange into 8 slices.
- Step 3 – Place the cranberries, add sugar, and the sliced orange in a food processor and pulse. You want the mixture to be smooth or until no large chunks remain and finely chopped.
- Step 3 – Refrigerate until you are ready to serve. It is best if you can let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour. It gives the flavors time to blend. When you are ready to serve, stir and enjoy! It is so delicious.
- Double the recipe – You might want to double the recipe because it is really good.
- Cranberries – If you are using frozen cranberries, make sure to let them thaw first before combining with the other ingredients. You can also use fresh cranberries.
- Chill – Make sure to allow the cranberry relish to chill before serving.
What is Cranberry Relish Used For?
Oh the possibilities are endless. The sweet and tart orange relish recipe is so delicious and pairs well with an assortment of things. We have even served it with our waffles, pancakes and chicken recipe.
Some of our favorites include:
- Roasted Turkey and stuffing– It is delicious served with turkey.
- Turkey sandwich – Use leftover turkey and make a sandwich with slices of turkey topped with cranberry relish.
- Spiral Ham – Top slices of ham with cranberry relish for a great combination.
- Bake Brie – Top a block of cream cheese with cranberry relish for a great appetizer. Serve with crackers or pretzels.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, this is a great side dish to prepare ahead of time. The flavors combine and all of the ingredients are enhanced.
Making cranberry relish from scratch is so easy to do. All you need cranberries, sugar and oranges to make this. Everything gets combined in a food processor. It is really that simple and a easy recipe.
Store the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
If you want to freeze it, make sure you place in the airtight freezer container. It will last about 2-3 months in the freezer. Once you are ready to serve, let it thaw in the refrigerator.
More Cranberry Recipes to try:
- Cranberry Orange Bread Recipe
- Easy Cranberry Orange Muffins Recipe
- Cranberry Pineapple Jello Salad Recipe
More Easy Side Dish Recipes:
- Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes Casserole Recipe
- Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Casserole Recipe
- Easy Corn Casserole
- Cranberry Chutney Recipe
We love hearing from you. If you try this Fresh Cranberry Orange Relish, make sure to leave us a comment.
- 10 ounces frozen cranberries fresh works too
- 1 orange with the peel on
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- If you are using frozen cranberries, allow them to thaw slightly on the counter. We thawed ours for about 10 minutes while we were preparing everything else.
- Slice the egg root ends off the orange. Leave the rest of the. skin on. Then slice it into 8 slices.
- Place the cranberries, sugar, and the sliced orange in a food processor.
- Process until smooth or until no large chunks remain.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. We like the flavors to combine in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Stir right before serving.
It will last up to 1 week in the fridge in a covered container.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe