Cranberry relish recipe has only 3 ingredients and goes perfectly with turkey, dressing and more. Make this in minutes for the perfect addition to your holiday meal.
Cranberry relish recipe is so easy!
Skip the canned stuff and make this fresh cranberry relish instead. It is so delicious and the perfect blend of tart and sweet. It is perfect side with paired with your favorite comfort food.
We love to serve this with turkey and all the sides. My favorite is to get a little bite of everything so I can taste the turkey, stuffing and relish all together. You will love how amazing it is.
Even if you have never cared for cranberry sauce before, give this a try. It is so fresh and delicious. The consistency is so yummy and a ton better than the congealed canned cranberry sauce.
This recipe is a must try!
How do you make cranberry relish from scratch?
Making cranberry relish from scratch is so easy to do, you will wonder why you have done it sooner. You only need cranberries, sugar and oranges to make this.
Everything gets combined in a food processor. It is really that simple and a easy recipe.
Why this is my favorite recipe?
- We love the sweet and tangy flavor from the orange zest, the fresh cranberries and adding the sugar just brings out all the flavors.
- We love that the food processor does all the work and you will have an amazing dish. There is no cook time.
- Having only 3 ingredients is my favorite part.
What is Cranberry Relish?
Cranberry relish is made from raw cranberries and blended in a food processor with orange slices and sugar. It is uncooked which is one of the main differences from cranberry sauce.
What is Cranberry Relish Used For?
Oh the possibilities are endless. The sweet and tart relish is so delicious and pairs well with an assortment of things.
Some of our favorites include:
- Roasted Turkey and stuffing– It is delicious served with turkey.
- Turkey sandwich- Use leftover turkey and make a sandwich with slices of turkey topped with cranberry relish.
- Spiral Ham – Top slices of ham with cranberry relish for a great combination.
- Cream Cheese Appetizer- Top a block of cream cheese with cranberry relish for a great appetizer. Serve with crackers or pretzels.
- Frozen cranberries – you can also use fresh cranberries.
- Orange- with the peel on
- Granulated sugar
How to make cranberry relish:
- First, if you are using frozen cranberries, let them thaw or to room temperature, slightly on the counter before using. Our cranberries thawed for about 10 minutes while we were preparing everything else.
- Second, slice the ends off the orange. Leave the rest of the skin on and slice the orange into 8 slices.
- Next, place the cranberries, add sugar, and the sliced orange in a food processor and pulse. You want the mixture to be smooth or until no large chunks remain and finely chopped.
- Finally, refrigerate until you are ready to serve. It is best if you can let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour. It gives the flavors time to blend.
When you are ready to serve, stir and enjoy! It is so delicious.
Can relish be made ahead of time?
Yes! I think it is better prepared ahead of time. The flavors combine and all of the ingredients are enhanced,
Plus, it saves time being able to make it early. You can use that time for things that need to be done the actual day.
I love to make as many things as possible ahead of time.
Tips for cranberry orange relish:
- You can decrease the sugar to ½ cup of sugar or ¼ cup if you want a slightly less sweet relish.
- Double the recipe- You might want to double the recipe because it is really good.
How long will fresh cranberry last:
Since Cranberry Relish can be made ahead of time. It is the perfect dish for the holiday as you can make this several days ahead and don’t have to worry about it. It is great to be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
If you want to freeze it, make sure you place in the airtight freezer container. It will last about 2-3 months in the freezer. Once you are ready to serve, let it thaw in the refrigerator.
More Cranberry Recipes to try:
- Cranberry Orange Bread Recipe
- Easy Cranberry Orange Muffins Recipe
- Cranberry Pineapple Jello Salad Recipe
Print this recipe for fresh cranberry relish:
- 10 ounces frozen cranberries fresh works too
- 1 orange with the peel on
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- If you are using frozen cranberries, allow them to thaw slightly on the counter. We thawed ours for about 10 minutes while we were preparing everything else.
- Slice the egg root ends off the orange. Leave the rest of the. skin on. Then slice it into 8 slices.
- Place the cranberries, sugar, and the sliced orange in a food processor.
- Process until smooth or until no large chunks remain.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. We like the flavors to combine in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Stir right before serving.
It will last up to 1 week in the fridge in a covered container.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe