This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
If you are looking for an fool proof way to cook your turkey, make Slow Cooker Bone-In Turkey Breast. It cooks moist, delicious and full of flavor.
If you are in charge of making the Thanksgiving turkey this year make it in your crock pot. This juicy turkey breast cooks easily without brining.
Table of Contents
- Bone-In Turkey Breast Skin On
- Large Onion, peeled and sliced
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Thyme Leaves
- Water (or turkey broth or chicken broth)
How to Cook Bone-In Turkey Breast in Slow Cooker:
- Step 1 – Pat the (completely thawed) turkey breast all over with paper towels so it’s dry.
- Step 2 – In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Add in black pepper, parsley, thyme and lemon zest. Stir well to form a paste.
- Step 3 – Rub the paste all over the turkey breast. Being sure to rub some underneath the skin and directly onto the turkey meat. Just wiggle your fingers to loosen the skin from the meat and create a little pocket.
- Step 4 – Put the cut onion slices in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Step 5 – Place the turkey breast on top of the sliced onions in the slow cooker, with the breasts facing up.
- Step 6 – Pour the water around the turkey.
- Step 7 – Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, or until the turkey is cooked through. (Reminder: It should reach an internal temperature of 165.)
- Step 8 – Remove the turkey breast to a cutting board and let rest for 10-15 minutes. Then the turkey is ready to slice, serve and enjoy!
How Long to Cook Turkey Breast in Slow Cooker:
Save oven space this holiday season and make this slow cooker turkey breast recipe. Cook times will vary but this turkey will cook in about 6 hours.
Make sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure that the turkey is cooked to 165 degrees.
- Crispy Skin – If you would like to crisp up the skin. Place the turkey breast on a baking sheet. Then broil for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Prepare Turkey – Make sure to dry your thawed skin-on turkey breast before adding the seasoning. Do not place frozen turkey in the slow cooker.
- Adding the Seasoning – Rub the seasoning all over the turkey breast and make sure to get underneath the skin. This helps the turkey to have the best flavor.
- Meat Thermometer – Make sure to use a meat thermometer to check turkeys internal temperature.
Crockpot Turkey Breast Bone In Variations:
- Seasoning – Feel free to change the seasoning that you use on your turkey breast. Season with Italian Seasoning, Poultry seasoning, or any seasoning you prefer.
- Liquid – We used water in this recipe, but you can also add in chicken broth.
- Turkey – You can make this recipe with a bone-in turkey or boneless turkey breast.
- Leftover Turkey – Make sure to save your leftovers to make the best turkey sandwiches or turkey pot pie recipe.
Suggestions for Side Dishes
- Carrots – Make these glaze carrots for an easy side dish. The sweet flavor makes these carrots so delicious and easy to make.
- Sweet Potato Casserole – This casserole is a must for all our holiday meals. It is loaded with flavor and it has the best creamy texture.
- Cranberry Sauce – Cranberry sauce is so easy to make with just 3 ingredients. It is tangy, sweet and perfect for your holiday meal. Try it today for an easy side dish.
- Green Beans – Oven Roasted Green Beans make the best side dish in minutes and only require a few simple ingredients. Serve it with baked chicken or fish for a delicious dinner.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can also place your leftovers in a freezer bag to last up to 3 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most slow cookers cannot accommodate a large turkey. However, it is safe to cook a smaller turkey in the crock pot.
Both Bone-in and boneless turkey breasts can be juicy and delicious. However, the bone-in turkey breast tends to delivery juicier turkey because the bone in the breast insulates the nearby meat during cooking, causing it to heat slower and retain moisture.
More Easy Turkey Recipes:
If you try this recipe please leave a star rating and leave a comment letting me know how you like the recipe. I love hearing from you!
Slow Cooker Bone-in Turkey Breast
- Pat the (completely thawed) turkey breast all over with paper towels so it’s dry.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, parsley, thyme and lemon zest. Stir well to form a paste.
- Rub the paste all over the turkey breast, being sure to rub some underneath the skin and directly onto the turkey meat (just wiggle your fingers to loosen the skin from the meat and create a little pocket).
- Put the cut onion slices in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place the turkey breast on top of the sliced onions in the slow cooker, with the breasts facing up.
- Pour the water around the turkey.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, or until the turkey is cooked through. (Reminder: It should reach an internal temperature of 165.)
- Remove the turkey breast to a cutting board and let rest for 10-15 minutes. Then the turkey is ready to slice, serve and enjoy!
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe