Easy Turkey Pot Pie is a classic recipe that is made with your leftover turkey. This easy, delicious and hearty pot pie is made with simple ingredients.
Easy Turkey Pot Pie Recipe:
This turkey pot pie recipe is easy to make with your leftover turkey. We love making pot pie dishes with our leftover meat. We usually make chicken pot pie or roast pot pie but turkey pot pie is just as easy with your leftover holiday turkey.
Pot pie is a classic and comforting food that is easily prepared. This recipe for turkey pot pie is made with easy ingredients that you probably already have. We love to make a completely different second meal with out leftovers and pot pie is always a family favorite.
Turkey pot pie can be served by itself or add a side of vegetables or a salad. It is perfect for a cold day or to eat year round. It is is easy to prepare ahead of time or freeze. Impress your family and make a Turkey Pot Pie with your holiday leftovers.
What is Pot Pie Crust made of?
When we make pot pie we usually use a premade crust. You can make your pie crust from scratch with this Easy Homemade Pie Crust Recipe. I usually use this recipe when I am making homemade pies, but you can definitely use it for a pot pie recipe.
- Premade Pie Crust (2 crusts)
- Cooked and Shredded Turkey (leftover turkey works great)
- Onion, diced finely
- Cream of Chicken Soup (10.5 oz can)
- Frozen Mixed Vegetables (16 oz)
- Poultry Seasoning
- Dried Thyme Leaves
- Large Egg, beaten
How to Make Turkey Pot Pie:
- Prepared oven and Pie Plate – Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a 9 inch pie pan with one of the premade pie crusts.
- Cook onions in butter – Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until the onions are cooked and translucent.
- Add in soup and milk – Then stir in the cream of chicken soup and the milk until combined. Heat until the mixture is heated through.
- Stir in Turkey – Then stir in the frozen mixed vegetables, the cooked shredded turkey and the seasonings. Heat for 3-5 minutes until the veggies are tender and the turkey is heated through.
- Pour turkey mixture in pie crust – Then pour the turkey and vegetable mixture into the pie pan over the pie crust.
- Top with Pie Crust – Cover with the remaining top crust sheet. Pinch the edges to seal and cut a few slits on the top of the pie. Brush the top of the pie with the egg wash (beaten egg).
- Bake Pot Pie – Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the pie crust is golden browned.
- Rest Pie – Remove the pie from the oven and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy – Then it’s ready to slice, serve, season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
How Long to Bake Turkey Pot Pie:
After you prepared the turkey pot pie, place in in the oven. You will bake the pot pie for about 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Cooking time will vary based on your oven.
If the pie crust is getting too brown in the oven, loosely cover the pie with foil to keep it from getting browner.
- Change the Meat – You can easily use cooked chicken instead of turkey in this recipe. Chicken, Roast, or just do a vegetable pot pie. All good options and the recipe would stay the same.
- Vegetables – We used frozen mixed vegetables, but any type of vegetables can be tossed in the mixed. We also like to add in some cook potatoes and green beans. Potatoes give it a delicious texture.
- Cream Soup – We used cream of chicken soup, but you can easy cream of mushroom or cream of celery. You can even make Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup. It is easy and is made with simple ingredients.
- Chicken Broth – If you like a thinner sauce, you can add in chicken broth.
How to Make Turkey Pot Pie Ahead of Time:
Turkey Pot Pie is the perfect meal to meal prep with. You can easily prepare your pot pie the night before and place in the refrigerator and bake it the next day. This saves me time when I get home from work.
How to Freeze Turkey Pot Pie:
Freezing Turkey Pot Pie is one of my favorite freezer meals to prepare. This would be a perfect meal to prepare for a friend or family that just had a baby or had surgery.
- Prepare your Turkey Pot Pie as indicated on the recipe card.
- Allow Pot Pie to cool completely.
- Cover the pie completely with plastic wrap and then foil.
- Write the date on the pot pie so you know when it was prepared.
- Place in the freezer and it is good for up to 3 months.
- When you are ready to serve, uncover the pot pie from the plastic wrap and foil and place in the oven.
- Bake at preheated oven at 375 degrees for about 75 minutes. You will know it is done when the crust is bubbly.
What to Serve with Turkey Pot Pie:
When serving Turkey Pot Pie there are many different options. You can keep your sides light with a side of roasted vegetables or some garlic bread. Here are some of our suggestions:
- Easy Roasted Asparagus – We love roasted asparagus it goes with many different dishes and the perfect side with this pot pie. I end up mixing everything together when it is on my plate.
- Tropical Fruit – This refreshing fruit salads pairs perfect with a pot pie. It is light, tasty and easy to make.
- Homemade Dinner Rolls – We love to add a side of homemade dinner rolls to our pot pie. We love to make sure we get the last drop of pot pie mixture.
Print Recipe here for Easy Turkey Pot Pie:
Easy Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- 1 pkg Premade Pie Crust 2 crusts
- 2 cups Cooked and Shredded Turkey leftover turkey works great
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 small Onion diced finely
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup 10.5 oz can
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 bag Frozen Mixed Vegetables 16 oz
- 1/2 tsp Poultry Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Dried Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 Large Egg beaten
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a 9 inch pie pan with one of the premade pie crusts.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until the onions are cooked and translucent.
- Then stir in the cream of chicken soup and the milk until combined. Heat until the mixture is heated through.
- Then stir in the frozen mixed vegetables, the cooked shredded turkey and the seasonings. Heat for 3-5 minutes until the veggies are tender and the turkey is heated through.
- Then pour the turkey and vegetable mixture into the pie pan over the pie crust.
- Cover with the remaining pie crust sheet. Pinch the edges to seal and cut a few slits on the top of the pie. Brush the top of the pie with the egg wash (beaten egg).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the pie is lightly browned.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Then it’s ready to slice, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Turkey Recipes:
- How to Cook a Turkey in a Bag
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie with Stuffing Crust
- Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- Oven Roasted Turkey Breast