Free up the oven this holiday season with this crock pot green bean casserole recipe! It turns out amazing and is one less dish to worry about! It’s so easy you’ll make this slow cooker green bean casserole recipe every time!
Every Thanksgiving we have to have the classic green bean casserole on the menu. I mean, is it really Thanksgiving without it? I don’t think so!
However, I decided to try to make a crock pot green bean casserole recipe because I was tired of my oven being so full on the holidays. That is also how my 4 Ingredient Crock pot Ham Recipe was born! It is great too. You definitely want to try it. Some of the best recipes come out of necessity! And this one is no exception!
I was shocked at how well this green bean casserole crock pot recipe turned out. I loved being able to set it and forget it while I was making other dishes. Not to mention that it kept my oven free for another dish. Seriously, this is the way to go! Make sure you hit “print recipe” at the bottom so you can have it handy!
Classic Green Bean Casserole now in the crock pot!
I have the new crock pot casserole dish and I’m loving it so much! I bought mine on Amazon, and it is perfect for the Holidays and for the Summer. Isn’t it just beautiful? My family can still enjoy all our favorite casserole recipes without ever turning the oven on. How awesome is that?
Check out this video to see how to make this Easy Crock pot Green Bean Casserole Recipe!
Making the traditional green bean casserole recipe in the crock pot casserole dish is awesome for Thanksgiving or Christmas. You are saving room in your oven! I don’t know about you but the oven space is prime real estate at my house on a holiday!
Ingredients for green bean casserole crock pot recipe:
- 2 10.75 oz cans of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 3 14.5 cans of green beans, drained
- 6 oz can of French Fried onions
How to make Crock pot Green Bean Casserole:
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soups, milk, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add in the green beans and fold to combine.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of the French fried onions.
- Spray your crock pot casserole dish with non stick spray. Spread out the green bean in the pan.
- Add the lid and cook on low for 2-3 hours. You can also cook on high for 1 hour.
- Remove the lid and sprinkle with the remaining french fried onions and serve!
Note: This casserole dish will easily hold double the recipe (or even triple!) which makes it perfect when serving a crowd!
Tips for crock pot green bean casserole:
- If you’re not a cream of mushroom soup fan, switch it out for cream of chicken soup.
- Since this is a crockpot recipe, it does have a little longer cooking time than traditional green bean casserole. Keep that in mind when you’re planning out your dishes. I like to go ahead an prep and get this green bean casserole going first thing. If needed, you can always switch it to warm.
- You can use fresh or frozen green beans. I do recommend that you let the frozen green beans thaw slightly before placing them in the crockpot. Otherwise, they tend to make the green bean casserole a little too watery.
- Change it up! Use canned cheddar soup in place of the cream of mushroom for a cheesy green bean casserole.
Print your crock pot green bean casserole recipe below:
Enjoy this fun twist on the classic Green Bean Casserole Recipe! Free up the oven this Holiday with the Crock pot Green Bean Casserole Recipe!
- (2) 10.75 oz cans of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- (3) 14.5 cans of green beans (drained)
- 6 oz can of French Fried onions
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soups, milk, salt and pepper. Mix well.
Add in the green beans and fold to combine.
Fold in 1/2 cup of the French fried onions.
Spray your crock pot casserole dish with non stick spray. Spread out the green bean in the pan.
Add the lid and cook on low for 2-3 hours. You can also cook on high for 1 hour.
Remove the lid and sprinkle with the remaining french fried onions and serve!
Try making this recipe in the crockpot on a big holiday! It saves precious oven space, but still delivers your family's favorite side dish.
Try these other easy casserole recipes:
- Crock pot Chicken Alfredo Casserole Recipe
- How to make Hamburger Casserole
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
- Slow Cooker Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole
- Easy Freezer Meal: Pizza Casserole Recipe
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Casserole