Instant pot turkey breast is a game changer. Learn how to cook turkey in a fraction of the time and it is so tender and flavorful.
Instant pot turkey breast
Pressure cooking saves so much time and results in really fabulous food. If you have never considered cooking a turkey breast in the instant pot, now is the time to try it!
This is so fast and easy. Plus, the meat is really amazing. Everyone will think you slow cooked this turkey all day.
Now, we actually do have a slow cooker turkey breast version if you will be away and need another option.
Either way, get ready for tender, flavorful and delicious turkey. Yum!
For the Turkey:
- Bone-in Skinless Turkey Breasts – We used a 6 lb turkey breast.
- Chicken Broth
- minced garlic
- Dried Thyme Leaves
- Salt and pepper
For the Gravy:
- Cold Water
How to cook a turkey breast in an Instant pot
First, get out a small bowl. Add the butter (melted), garlic, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper and combine well.
Second, put the trivet that came with the Instant Pot in the bottom of the Instant Pot insert. Once the trivet is in place, put the turkey breast on top of the trivet in the instant pot. Make sure it is breast side up.
Next, pour the butter mixture all over the top of the turkey. Use a basting brush to spread the ingredients all over the turkey. This makes the turkey delicious so you don’t want to miss a spot.
Finally, put the lid on the pressure cooker and set the valve to the sealing position on the lid. Let this cook on high pressure for 30 minutes.
Once the cooking time has finished, let the pressure release naturally for 10-15 minutes. Next, do a quick release to release all the pressure from the instant pot.
Now, remove the turkey breast from the instant pot. Let it sit for 5 minutes before slicing. This will help to keep all the delicious juices inside that make the turkey so moist and flavor packed. So don’t skip this step!
Let’s make gravy!
First, remove the trivet from the instant pot and switch the instant pot to the sauté setting.
Continue to cook on sauté until the mixture starts to boil slightly.
Next, combine the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl. Once combined, whisk the cornstarch mixture into the instant pot and heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
Make sure to stir constantly until the gravy thickens to the consistency that you prefer. It is that easy to make gravy!
Now, just slice the turkey and serve with the gravy drizzled over the top and enjoy!
Do you leave the netting on a turkey breast?
No! This needs to come off before cooking.
How long does it take to cook turkey breast?
We used a 6 lb turkey breast and 30 minutes on high pressure was perfect. This size is great to use because it fits perfectly inside the pressure cooker.
To ensure your turkey breast is adequately cooked, use a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the breast. It should be 165 degrees.
Can you cook a turkey breast frozen?
It is best to thaw it prior to cooking. The turkey will be more moist and juicy.
Best Herbs and Seasoning for Turkey Breast
We used minced garlic, paprika and dried thyme leaves. You can substitute garlic powder for minced garlic.
Other ideas include: lemon, oregano, rosemary, parsley, onion powder and sage. Any of these flavors go well with turkey.
You can try using fresh herbs or dried herbs.
Easy Side dishes to Serve
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes – perfect to use with that yummy gravy!
- Green beans
- Easy dinner rolls
- Instant Pot Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Sweet Potato and Apple Casserole Recipe
- Green Bean Casserole
- Crockpot Cranberry Sauce
More tips for pressure cooker turkey breast:
- You can also use a bone-in turkey breast for this easy recipe.
- Make sure you have a good pressure cooker. We love cooking this way! It sure makes cooking quicker and easier.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure the turkey is fully cooked. It needs to be 165 degrees in the thickest part of the meat. These thermometers are so handy to have in the kitchen and will get plenty of use.
- If you prefer crispy skin, place the turkey on a baking sheet and let it cook under the broiler a few minutes. It does not take long and I would not walk away or you might end up with burnt turkey. Make sure to keep a close eye on it so the turkey skin gets just slightly crisp.
How to use Leftover Turkey?
- Turkey and Cheese Crescent Roll Ups– Great for lunchbox meal ideas.
- Hawaiian Turkey and Cheese Sliders– Everyone loves this and they don’t realize they are eating leftovers.
- Stuffing Muffins – This is a kid favorite!
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole – Substitute turkey for the chicken in this delicious casserole.
- Easy Nacho Chicken Casserole – Use turkey instead of chicken.
This easy instant pot turkey breast is so tasty!
It is such a quick and easy way to cook turkey. You don’t need to spend forever baking a turkey when the pressure cooker does such a great job in a fraction of time.
I love having more time to spend with my family and less time in the kitchen. Plus, it frees up precious oven space during the holidays when you are trying to cook all the things.
Anyone that has tried to cook all the things for the holidays knows how valuable oven space is.
Give this yummy recipe a try and let us know hot it turns out for you. It is easy enough that you can make it for Sunday dinner or any night of the week.
No need to wait for special occasions or holidays with this easy recipe. It is so quick and easy!
Print this pressure cooker turkey breast recipe:
Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- For the Turkey:
- 6 lbs Bone-in Skinless Turkey Breasts
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 4 Tbsp Butter melted
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme Leaves
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- For the Gravy:
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 1/3 cup Cold Water
- Combine the butter, garlic, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Place the trivet that came with the Instant Pot in the bottom of the Instant Pot insert. Place the turkey breast on top of the trivet in the instant pot breast side up.
- Pour the butter mixture over the top of the turkey and use a basting brush to spread the ingredients over the turkey.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and set the valve to the sealing position on the lid. Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes. When the cook time is done, let the pressure release naturally for 10-15 minutes and then do a quick release to release all the pressure from the instant pot.
- Remove the turkey breast from the instant pot and let sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Then remove the trivet from the instant pot and switch the instant pot to the sauté setting.
- Cook on sauté until the mixture starts to boil slightly.
- Then combine the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl. Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the instant pot and heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly until the gravy thickens to the consistency that you prefer.
- Slice the turkey and serve with the gravy drizzled over the top and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe