These quick and easy Hawaiian turkey and cheese sliders are the best for feeding a crowd! Hawaiian roll turkey sliders are our go to recipe for party food! They come together quickly and are great hot or cold!
If you are needing an easy idea for weeknight dinners or even a quick lunch idea, then this quick and easy Hawaiian turkey and cheese sliders recipe is just what you’re looking for! This is our all-time favorite when we are having family or friends over.
These sliders are great hot, but they also taste great as leftovers which make them a great option when feeding a crowd. Plus you can make 3 or 30 in almost the same amount of time. They are seriously that easy to make! These sliders come together in less than 30 minutes, so they’re perfect for when unexpected guests come over, too!
Ingredients for Hawaiian turkey slider :
- 3/4 cup melted Butter
- 1 tablespoon of Garlic Salt
- 12 King’s Hawaiian Dinner Rolls
- 12 oz thin sliced turkey; I like to use deli meat
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella Cheese
How to make Hawaiian turkey and cheese sliders:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut the Hawaiian rolls in half lengthwise to make sandwiches. Remove tops and set aside.
- Place the bottom halves onto a baking pan.
- Layer the deli turkey onto the rolls.
- Top the turkey slices with the sliced mozzarella cheese.
- Place the tops of the rolls onto the sandwiches.
- Melt butter and mix in the garlic salt.
- Brush or pour the liquid mixture evenly over the rolls.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the rolls are lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Allow them to cool slightly (about 5 minutes). Separate the sliders into individual sandwiches to serve.
- You can eat the sliders immediately or serve them cold. Either way, everyone will love them.
My teenager loves to have friends over and this is my go-to recipe. Boys and girls love them and they love that they can enjoy them hours later if needed. I love that they’re easy for them to grab and go!
Variations for baked Hawaiian sliders:
- Use swiss cheese or provolone cheese instead of mozzarella.
- Make it a super slider by adding roast beef and ham! Bacon would also be good!
- Mix in dijon mustard, poppy seeds and worcestershire sauce in with the melted butter.
- Add in sliced tomatoes between the turkey and the cheese.
- Spread honey mustard on the bottom of the rolls.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of the rolls after you brushed the butter.
- Spread chipotle mayo to the bottom of the rolls before you add the turkey.
If you like this recipe, try Crockpot Root Beer Chicken Sandwich. It’s so simple and delicious!
What cheese goes well with turkey?
There are many different kinds of cheese that pair perfectly with turkey! The hard part is deciding which one to use. Your best choice is a soft cheese such as mozzarella, which is what is used in this recipe. Provolone and swiss are also common to use with turkey. Other options include Muenster, Havarti, or Gouda, but those aren’t always as easy to find.
What kind of bread do you use for sliders?
My go-to bread for sliders is always sweet Hawaiian Rolls. We love the slight sweetness that it adds to the sliders and they’re perfectly soft! You can also use dinner rolls or small potato or sourdough rolls. Really, any small and soft roll will work perfectly for your baked turkey sliders.
Print your Hawaiian roll turkey sliders recipe below:
These quick and easy turkey sliders are the best for feeding a crowd. This Hawaiian Turkey and cheese sliders recipe is our go to recipe for party food.
- 1 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 12 King’s Hawaiian Dinner Rolls
- 12 oz Sliced Deli Turkey
- 6 Slices Mozzarella Cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut the Hawaiian rolls in half lengthwise to make sandwiches. Remove tops and set aside.
Place the bottom pieces onto a baking pan.
Layer the deli turkey onto the rolls.
Top the turkey with the mozzarella cheese slices.
Place the tops of the rolls onto the sandwiches.
Melt the butter and mix in the garlic salt.
Brush the melted mixture evenly over the rolls.
Bake 20 minutes or until the rolls are lightly browned and cheese has melted.
Allow to cool slightly (about 5 minutes). Separate into individual sandwiches to serve.
Eat immediately or serve them cold. Either way everyone will love them.
This recipe is easy to modify. Not big on the meat/cheese combo the recipe calls for? Substitute it with your family's favorite combo.
Try these other easy sliders:
- 15 Minute Burger Sliders Recipe
- Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders recipe
- Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken Sliders Recipe
- Balsamic Pulled Chicken Sliders
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Sliders