This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
French Dip Sliders is the perfect appetizer to make for game day or any family gathering. Simple ingredients make this a family favorite.
The Easy French Dip Sliders are the perfect combination of a french dip sandwich but in a slider form!
We make Appetizer Recipes and Slider Recipes for many occasions and these French Dip sandwiches are always requested. If you love these mini sandwiches, make sure to check out these other recipes. Best ham and cheese sliders, Balsamic Chicken Caprese Sliders or Taco Sliders.
Table of Contents
Why Make these Sliders:
We love making these sliders with Hawaiian Sweet Rolls. They add the perfect sweet and savory flavor to these sliders which is a delicious combination.
The ingredients are simple and every bite is filled with cheesy roast beef. This quick and easy sliders is always a crowd favorite.
- Medium Onion (thinly sliced)
- Black Pepper
- Hawaiian Rolls
- Thin Sliced Roast Beef
- Slices Provolone Cheese
For the Topping:
- Melted Butter
- Dried Onion Soup Mix
- Package of Au Jus Gravy Mix
- Chopped Fresh Parsley (optional)
Scroll to the bottom to see the recipe card for the full list of ingredients and recipe.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Rolls – We love the flavor of Hawaiian Rolls, but you can use any type of rolls that you prefer.
- Cheese – We love the way that provolone cheese melts and cheese, but you can use any type of cheese.
- Seasoning – The butter sauce can be seasoned with other types of seasoning. Season with garlic powder and onion powder.
- Deli Roast Beef – We make this recipe with deli sliced roast beef, but you can use leftover shredded roast beef.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in the sliced onions and sauté for 10-15 minutes until the onions are soft and slightly browned. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
Step 2 – Slice the buns in half lengthwise with a serrated knife to make sandwiches. Remove top and set aside. Place the bottom half of the rolls into the prepared baking dish. Top with half of the sliced cheese.
Step 3 – Layer the roast beef on top of the cheese.
Step 4 – Then layer the caramelized onions on top.
Step 5 – Top with the remaining cheese slices.
Step 6 – Place the tops of the rolls onto the sandwiches. Stir together the melted butter and dried onion soup mix. Brush this butter mixture on top of the rolls. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and cook for 5 more minutes to brown the top of the rolls slightly.
- Cooking Onions – Cook the onions for about 15-20 minutes in a skillet or small saucepan over medium heat. You will cook the onions until they are tender.
- Layering Ingredients – Layer the roast beef, cooked onions, and cheese on the rolls. Make sure to completely cover the bottom rolls with the roast beef for the best flavor.
- Baking Sliders – Cook the sliders covered for about 25 minutes. This allows the cheese to melt without burning the tops of the rolls. Then uncover to allow the roll to cook with a crispy texture.
What to Serve with Sliders:
We love to serve the rolls topped with fresh parsley and the au jus sauce for dipping. We normally serve these melty provolone sliders as an appetizer, but you can easily make as a weeknight meal.
Add one of these side dishes to complete your meal.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
When you are ready to reheat your leftovers, reheat in the microwave or oven. We have even reheated in the air fryer for a delicious lunch the next day.
More Easy Slider Recipes:
We love hearing from you. Make sure to leave us a comment if you make this French Dip Slider Recipes.
French Dip Sliders
For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup Melted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Onion Soup Mix
- 1 package au jus gravy mix
- 3 cups Water
- Chopped Fresh Parsley optional
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in the sliced onions and sauté for 10-15 minutes until the onions are soft and slightly browned. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a 9X13 baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Slice the rolls in half lengthwise with a serrated knife to make sandwiches. Remove top and set aside.
- Place the bottom pieces into the prepared baking dish. Top with half of the sliced cheese.
- Layer the roast beef on top of the cheese and layer the onions on top. Top with the remaining cheese slices.
- Place the tops of the rolls onto the sandwiches. Stir together the melted butter and dried onion soup mix. Brush this mixture on top of the rolls.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for 5 more minutes to brown the top of the rolls slightly.
- While the rolls are baking, prepare the au jus gravy mix based on the package instructions with the water.
- Serve the rolls topped with fresh parsley and the au jus sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe