This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Crack Chicken Sliders is loaded with flavor and easy to make. These sliders are perfect for an afternoon lunch or served at your next gathering.
Easy Crack Chicken Sliders Recipe:
If you love Crack Chicken Recipes, then you are going to love these Chicken Crack Sliders. Loaded with cheese, bacon, and shredded chicken these are sure to be a crowd favorite.
These sliders are perfect for a game day gathering, a lunch or served for a weeknight meal. This is the perfect meal to make to use up leftover chicken. Add your favorite side and your meal is complete in less than 15 minutes.
What is Crack Chicken?
You may be wondering what exactly is crack chicken and why does everyone go crazy over it. It is the best chicken recipe! Crack chicken combines delicious chicken, cream cheese, bacon and ranch to make a mixture so tasty.
Crack Chicken can easily be made in your instant pot, crock pot or on the stove top. Delicious and creamy these ingredients combine make an addicting recipe anyway you serve it.
- Cooked Chicken Breasts (shredded)
- Cream Cheese, softened (2-8 oz packages)
- Dry Ranch Dressing Mix (1 oz package)
- Black Pepper
- Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Chicken Broth
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded (divided)
- Green Onions, sliced
- Hawaiian Rolls
- Butter (melted)
- Garlic Salt
- Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Chives (thinly sliced)
How to Make Crack Chicken Sliders:
- Step 1 – Prepare oven and baking sheet – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9X13 baking pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Step 2 – Combine Ingredients in sauce pan – Add the cream cheese, chicken broth and ranch seasoning mix to a large pot. Heat over medium low heat (stirring frequently) until the cream cheese is melted and smooth.
- Step 3 – Stir in cheese, pepper, and green onions – Remove the pan from the stove. Then stir in the chopped bacon, chicken, 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese, pepper and the green onions.
- Step 4 – Cut Hawaiian Rolls – Cut the Hawaiian rolls in half lengthwise. Then place the bottom of the rolls in a baking dish.
- Step 5 – Spread Crack Chicken Mixture – Spread the chicken mixture over the bottom of the rolls. Then top with the remaining shredded cheddar cheese. The top with the other half of the rolls.
- Step 6 – Brush Butter Mixture – Stir together the melted butter and garlic salt. Brush this mixture over the top of the rolls and sprinkle the Parmesan Cheese and chives on top.
- Step 7 – Cover and Bake – Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15-20 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake for 2-5 minutes to brown the top of the Hawaiian rolls.
- Step 8 – Serve and Enjoy – Remove from the oven. Let the sliders cool slightly. Then serve warm and enjoy!
Tips for Cracked Chicken Sliders:
- Cheese – When adding in the cheese, make sure you shred your own. Pre-shredded cheese contains added ingredients.
- Chicken – We used chicken breast, but you can easily chicken thighs or chicken tenderloins. We have even used rotisserie chicken for an easy option. This is a great recipe to use your leftover chicken in.
- Shredded Chicken – If you make chicken ahead of time, it needs to be shredded for this recipe. We recommend shredded chicken with a hand mixer or a stand mixer to easily shred the chicken.
- Ranch Dressing Mix – You can purchase a ranch seasoning mix at the store. You can also make Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix. It is easy to make and there is no ingredients that you can’t pronounce.
- Cooked Bacon – Make sure to cook bacon before adding to the casserole mixture. Crumble bacon and add to the mixture for delicious flavor.
- Cream Cheese – Make sure cream cheese is set at room temperature to easily combine with the other ingredients.
- Mixing the Ingredients – Combine and melt the ingredients over medium heat. Mix until everything is combined.
- Cheese Variations – We used Cheddar Cheese but you can also use other types. Colby Monterrey Jack Cheese or Pepper Jack Cheese is a great option.
- Ranch Seasoning – You can use the dry seasoning packet or you can make Homemade Ranch Seasoning.
- Bacon – We used regular bacon in this recipe, but you can easily use turkey bacon. You can also buy the already cooked bacon for a easy addition to this casserole.
- Slider Buns – We love using Hawaiian Rolls with this recipe, but any type of rolls will work.
- Serving – If you prefer, you can serve this crack chicken mixture over rice, pasta, or over bake potatoes.
How to Store:
This recipe is best served immediately. But you can store your leftovers in the fridge in an air tight container. If stored properly, they will stay fresh for up to 3 days.
Easy Crack Dip:
If you prefer you make this recipe as a crack dip. Serve the dip with a side of crackers or chips. You can also place the crack chicken in a bowl and everyone can make their own crack chicken sandwich.
Why we Love this Easy Slider Recipe:
- Easy to Make – These Crack Chicken Sliders are easy to make and can be prepared in less than 15 minutes.
- Simple Ingredients – I love to make this when I have leftover chicken. It is a great cook once eat twice meal.
- Flavorful – The ingredients combined give the sliders so much sweet and tangy flavor. The crack chicken mixture, melted cheese and the buttery rolls are always a crowd favorite.
- Served Many Ways – These sliders can be served for a game day gathering, holiday lunch, or as a weeknight dinner.
How to Reheat Crack Chicken Sliders:
If you have leftover chicken sliders, it is best to reheat in the oven. We recommend placing the sliders on a baking sheet and covering them with aluminum foil. Heat in oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
Print Recipe here for Crack Chicken Sliders:
Crack Chicken Sliders
- 2 cups Cooked Chicken Breasts shredded
- 2 pkgs Cream Cheese softened (2-8 oz packages)
- 1 Dry Ranch Dressing Mix 1 oz package
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 8 Slices Bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese shredded (divided)
- 1/4 cup Green Onions sliced
- 12 Hawaiian Rolls
- 3 Tablespoons Butter melted
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1 teaspoon Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 Tablespoon Chives thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9X13 baking pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the cream cheese, chicken broth and ranch seasoning mix to a large pot. Heat over medium low heat (stirring frequently) until the cream cheese is melted and smooth. Remove the pan from the stove. Then stir in the chopped bacon, chicken, 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese, pepper and the green onions.
- Cut the Hawaiian rolls in half lengthwise and place the bottom of the rolls in a baking dish. Spread the chicken mixture over the bottom of the rolls and top with the remaining shredded cheddar cheese. The top with the other half of the rolls.
- Stir together the melted butter and garlic salt. Brush this mixture over the top of the rolls and sprinkle the Parmesan Cheese and chives on top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15-20 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake for 2-5 minutes to brown the top of the Hawaiian rolls.
- Remove from the oven. Let them cool slightly. Then serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Crack Chicken Recipes:
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Recipe
- Crock Pot Crack Chicken Casserole Recipe