This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
The best Crockpot Peppermint Hot Chocolate recipe. A fun twist on traditional hot chocolate with the added peppermint.
Peppermint flavor hot chocolate recipe is the perfect drink recipe to celebrate the holidays with. Making it in the crockpot is even easier because it keeps it warm and easy to serve.
If you have made our Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix or Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Drink. Then you know this peppermint hot chocolate is going to be delicious. This is the perfect hot drink to serve on a cold winter day or for an Easy Christmas Recipes.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works:
We love making crockpot hot chocolate because it taste delicious and the perfect warm drink for a Christmas treat. The ingredients are simple and guests will be impress with the peppermint flavor. Skip the hot cocoa packet and make it homemade.
Serve in your favorite Christmas mug and garnish with your favorite toppings.
- Whole Milk
- Heavy Cream
- Milk Chocolate Chips (good quality)
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Candy Canes
Scroll to the bottom to see the recipe card for the full recipe.
- Change Milk – We love the creaminess that the whole milk gives this hot chocolate. But feel free to use a dairy-free option such as almond milk.
- Chocolate Chips – Substitutions for the chocolate chips can be done with semi-sweet chocolate chips or white chocolate chips.
- Adult Hot Chocolate – For a delicious twist on this hot chocolate recipe, add in peppermint schnapps.
- Extract – For added flavor add in a teaspoon of mint extract, vanilla extract or peppermint extract.
- Espresso Powder – If you need some caffeine in your hot chocolate add in a teaspoon or two of espresso powder.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – Place all the ingredients in a crock pot.
- Step 2 – Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Step 3 – Serve warm with your favorite toppings (marshmallows, mini candy canes, etc) and enjoy!
- Step 4 – Keep the crock pot on the warm setting and then continue to stir every 30-60 minutes. Make sure that the hot chocolate does not burn at the bottom.
- Combining Ingredients – There is not need to use a separate bowl to make this recipe. Add everything to the slow cooker at once.
- Stirring – As the hot chocolate is heating over low heat, we recommend to continue to stir. This prevents the hot chocolate from burning on the bottom of the slow cooker.
This peppermint hot cocoa is perfect to serve for the holiday season. It is rich, creamy and full of flavor. We love to setup a hot chocolate bar when we are serving for a crowd.
Everyone can add their favorite topping for a delicious hot chocolate.
Hot Chocolate Toppings:
This peppermint hot chocolate is even better with your favorite toppings. These are some of our favorites and the perfect addition to your hot chocolate.
- Whipped Cream
- Crushed Candy Canes
- Peppermint Candies
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Mini Marshmallows
- Crushed Cookies
- Peppermint Candy Canes
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
More Hot Chocolate Recipes:
- Crock Pot Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Starbucks White Hot Chocolate
- Grinch Hot Chocolate
- Christmas Hot Chocolate
We love hearing from you. If you make this Slow Cooker Peppermint Hot Chocolate, please leave us a comment or a star review.
Crock Pot Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- Place all the ingredients in a crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings (marshmallows, mini candy canes, etc) and enjoy!
- Keep the crock pot on the warm setting and then continue to stir every 30-60 minutes to make sure that the hot chocolate does not burn at the bottom.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe