I thought it would be fun to show you how to make Homemade Powdered Coffee Creamer. This is crazy easy to do and is an easy money saver. Over at my house, Dunkin Donuts is our favorite coffee. When family and friends come over for the holidays, Dunkin Donuts is what we serve with desserts. I know my mom enjoys a nice cup of coffee with her slice of pie.
I thought that I would show you today how to make delicious homemade coffee creamer to pair beautifully with our favorite Dunkin Donuts Coffee.
Homemade Powdered coffee creamer is easy to make.
Not only is it affordable, but this homemade coffee creamer will save you money and it tastes amazing.
This is what you need:
- 1 Cup Powdered Milk
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
How to make Homemade Powdered Coffee Creamer:
- Mix together the dry ingredients.
- Slowly drizzle the melted coconut oil over the dry ingredients. (Since it has been pretty warm in my house, I did not have to melt my coconut oil – it was already quite ‘liquidy’.)
- I put the lid on my mason jar and shook like crazy. (by the way Amazon has some super cute mason jars on sale right now)
- I then took a butter knife and broke up any bigger pieces, then shook again.
- The heavier coconut oil tends to settle, so I suggest making this in a container that can be tightly sealed so you can mix it a bit before you use it.
Why do I add Coconut Oil?
If you like regular, no-flavored coffee creamer, I am confident you will like this base recipe. It adds a nice creamy texture to your coffee that the store bought creamers add.
The coconut oil adds that extra bit of creaminess that you will find in store bought creamers. I tried making this creamer without the coconut oil, and it just wasn’t the same. It is kind of hard to explain, but try your creamer in your coffee before adding the coconut oil and you will see what I mean.
This will save you money!
Here is the cost break down, in case you are like me and like to see the proof!
Powdered Creamer costs about $4 for a 35 oz container, which is about $0.11 per ounce. (I am basing this off the Walmart Best Choice creamer – Coffee Mate would be more expensive, even with a coupon.)
Here is what I spent to make my homemade version:
- Powdered Sugar, 2 lb bag – $1.50 = $0.19 per 1/2 cup
- Powdered Milk, 8 qt box – $6.98 = $0.22 per 1 cup
- Coconut Oil, 14 oz – $6.42 = $0.23 per tablespoon
Now its time to get excited! Altogether my 12 ounces of homemade creamer cost just $0.64. That comes to just $0.05 per ounce!! That means if you made 35 ounces of this homemade creamer, it would only cost you $1.86! That is significantly less than $4!
Can I get a woo-woo?!
Now that you know how to make it, let’s talk about a fun and frugal gift idea.
Make the Homemade coffee creamer and pair it with your favorite flavor of Dunkin donuts Coffee. I paired ours with French Vanilla. YUM!
Run to your local Walmart (like I did) and snag your favorite flavor. As you can see… there are several delicious flavors. Cinnamonroll?? I didn’t even know that existed, but I’ll definitely be giving it a try.
Add a pretty ribbon and you have yourself a FRUGAL and thoughtful gift idea for your friends, teachers, or family.
Who are you going to give this delicious gift idea to?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Dunkin’ Donuts® . The opinions and text are all mine.