This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Try Slow Cooker Beef Carnitas Recipe for a meal sure to impress. There are tons of options for this delicious beef carnitas recipe that include tacos, burritos, salads and more!
Slow Cooker Beef Carnitas Recipe:
This recipe is a must try and it is super easy to prepare. The beef is so flavorful and absolutely delicious. If you enjoyed our Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas Recipe. You are going to go crazy over this recipe for crispy beef carnitas.
Your house will smell amazing as the beef is cooked to perfection. The meat is so tender with just the perfect amount of crispiness on the outside. We love to serve it on tortillas and everyone loves this easy meal!
Grab some from the store or make the Best Flour Tortilla Recipe. Corn tortillas are also delicious. Just use what you prefer.
Make Crock Pot Beef Carnitas for Parties:
If you need to feed a crowd, this slow cooker recipe is perfect for that. It is so easy and the slow cooker does all the work.
You can spend more time with your guests and less time in the kitchen. We love to set out a bunch of toppings and options and everyone can just grab what they prefer.
It is so fun and always a hit.
Ingredients for Easy Beef Carnitas:
- Beef Broth
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- White Onion
- Minced Garlic
- Black Pepper
- Chili Powder
- Fresh Limes
How to Make Beef Carnitas in a Crock Pot:
- Add Roast to Slow Cooker – Place the roast in the slow cooker. I used a 6 quart crock pot.
- Top the roast with ingredients – Place the rest of the ingredients on top. I like to mix in the spice mixture in a small bowl then add the spice rub over the roast.
- Cook Roast – Cover and cook on low for 10 hours until the beef is able to shred. Cooking time will vary.
- Shred the beef – Once the roast is cooked, shred the meat.
- Heat the Oven – Preheat the broiler.
- Add beef to cookie sheet – Place the beef on a foil covered cookie sheet.
- Broil the beef – Broil for 10 minutes or until the beef begins to brown and gets crispy.
- Serve and Enjoy – Serve on tortillas with a slotted spoon and with your favorite taco toppings.
Beef Carnitas Seasoning Variations:
Feel free to add in fresh herbs or change the seasoning in this recipe. You can add in tsp of paprika or oregano .
How to Make Crispy Mexican Beef Carnitas:
If you are wondering how you will get that crispiness on the outside. It is simple and only takes a few minutes.
Once the meat is ready, shred it and put under the broiler for just a few minutes. The beef will get brown and crispy and be perfect.
What Size Slow Cooker to Use?
We used a 6 quart slow cooker. I do not recommend anything smaller than that, but you can use an 8 quart slow cooker as well.
What to serve with Beef Carnitas:
Keep it simple with easy sides like beans and rice.
Slow Cooker Beef Carnitas Topping ideas
- Sour Cream
- Quick Salsa Verde De Tomatillo Recipe
- Very Simple Guacamole Recipe
- The best pico de gallo recipe
- Fresh Lime
- Fresh Cilantro
How to use Beef Carnitas Leftovers:
The ideas are endless with this delicious beef. I love that the kids think they are eating a new meal when really it is the same shredded beef. I actually hope we have leftovers so I can turn this meat into more wonderful meals.
These are favorite ways to use this Shredded Beef:
- Make Sandwiches – Mix the shredded beef with some BBQ sauce for a completely different meal idea.
- Burritos – Wrap the shredded beef in a tortilla topped with refried beans and cheese. This is my kids favorite way to eat the beef and a quick dinner idea.
- Salads – Shred the beef to top on your favorite taco salad.
- Bake Potato – Shredded beef on your bake potatoes makes an amazing meal idea.
- Serve over Rice – This beef carnitas are great served over white rice, brown rice or even cauliflower rice.
Can you Freeze Beef Carnitas Slow Cooker:
Yes, you freeze your leftover Beef Carnitas or uncooked beef carnitas. If you like to meal plan like I do. I like to double the batch and freeze the ingredients in a freezer bag.
I usually do this with my uncooked beef. So I can take the freezer bag and place in the slow cooker when I am ready to prepare.
You can also freeze the leftover beef with the juices. When you are ready to thaw and reheat, place in the slow cooker again.
Tips for Slow Cooker Steak Carnitas:
- Squeeze Fresh Lime – I use this to squeeze my limes. It makes it so easy and we use it for lots of recipes. We use it for all sorts of recipes and it save a ton of time. We love fresh lime juice so it gets lots of use.
- Boil Meat – To get that crispy edges on the meal, we like to broil the meat.
- Use Different Seasoning – For added flavor, mix in some onion powder or garlic powder. Bell Peppers would also be great in this recipe.
- Change the Meat – You can use pork or chicken with this recipe. Pork and Chicken shred very easily and can be also be used in many different ways.
Frequently Asked Questions:
When we make beef carnitas we like to use chuck roast. Cooking the roast in the slow cooker makes tender, juicy and full of flavor. Chuck Roast has a nice fat marbling which makes it very tender.
Another option would be to slow cook a flank steak or pork shoulder.
You easily put your leftover carnitas in the microwave or reheat in a cast-iron skillet. Reheat leftovers over medium high heat.
Yes, you can make beef carnitas in the instant pot. This is a easy way to cook your favorite carnitas recipe.
Yes, if you prefer you can substitute the seasoning listed with a packet taco seasoning or make your own.
Yes, if you have a large enough slow cooker, this is a great recipe to double. If we are feeding a large crowd, this meat is perfect to double.
Print this Slow Cooker Beef Carnitas recipe:
Slow Cooker Beef Carnitas Recipe
- Place the roast in the slow cooker. I used a 6 quart crock pot.
- Place the remaining ingredients on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours until the beef is shreddable.
- Shred the beef.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place the beef on a foil covered cookie sheet.
- Broil for 10 minutes or until the beef begins to brown and gets crispy.
- Serve on tortillas and with your favorite taco toppings. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe