Today I’m going to show you how I threw together double decker tacos in under 30 minutes and the entire family loved it! Make this today for the perfect dinner idea.
This double decker tacos recipe is so fun to make and taste great too!
My kids were so impressed with this recipe. These double decker tacos are the perfect combination of crunchy tacos and soft tacos and I was able to make these Copycat Taco Bell Double Decker Tacos in under 30 minutes!
And I was very impressed with the results. I think these double decker tacos are my family’s new favorite taco!
What is in a double decker taco?
You only need a few ingredients to make this delicious and easy copycat recipe. You are not going to believe how easy it is to create this taco recipe at home.
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning Mix
- 8″ Flour Tortillas
- Traditional Refried Beans
- Crunchy Taco Shells
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, Diced
- 2 Jalapeños, Optional for Topping
How to make a double decker taco at home:
Ok, let’s get started with how to create this easy taco recipe.
First brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat. Then mix in the taco seasoning.
While the beef is cooking, heat up the refried beans in the microwave. You can use the stovetop as well but the microwave works great and is easy to do!
After the beef and beans are ready, it’s time to prepare the tacos.
I laid out all the ingredients in my kitchen and had my kids make their own tacos so they could make them exactly the way that they wanted and they loved doing this! It was so much fun.
First, start with a soft tortilla, place approximately 2 Tablespoons of the refried beans in the center of the flour tortilla and spread it out onto the tortilla.
Then place the crunchy taco shell in the center of the flour tortillas.
Next fill the crunch shell with the meat and your favorite taco toppings. We used shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, tomatoes and onions.
My favorite is double decker taco supreme!
Serve and enjoy this double decker taco recipe!
These are not only fun to make but my entire family loved them. They asked that these double decker tacos become a regular menu item in our house!
Print this double decker tacos recipe below:
Double Decker Tacos
- 2 lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 2 Package of Taco Seasoning
- 16 Flour Tortillas 8"
- 1 can Refried Beans 16 oz.
- 16 Stand 'N Stuff Taco Shells
- 4 cups Shredded Lettuce
- 2 Roma Tomato Diced
- 1 Onion Diced
- 2 cups Shredded Mexican Cheese
- 2 Jalapeños sliced
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain the excess grease from the pan. Add the taco seasoning and the water needed based on the package instructions. Stir and cook for 5 minutes to incorporate the seasoning.
- Place the refried beans in a microwave safe dish. Heat is 1 minute intervals until the beans are heated through (mine took 3 minutes to warm fully).
- Spread approximately 2 Tablespoons of the beans onto each flour tortillas. Place the hard taco shell in the middle of the flour tortilla and wrap the flour tortilla up against the crunchy shells.
- Place the seasoned ground beef in the center of the crunchy shells.
- Top with the lettuce, tomatoes, onions, shredded cheese and sliced jalapeños.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Check out these other Taco Tuesday Recipe Ideas!
My family loved these tacos. Check out these other easy and delicious that you can create in no time at all.
- Homemade Crunch Wrap Supreme Recipe
- Mexican Pizza Recipe
- Beef and Bean Chimichangas
- Taco Pizza
- Oven Baked Tacos