This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Enjoy this delicious and amazing Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme Recipe at home. No need to head to the drive-thru when you can make this easy crunchwrap recipe.
Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme Recipe:
Lots of crunchy and cheesy layers make up this tasty and homemade crunchwrap. Tons of Mexican flavor, fresh toppings and more make this a delicious idea for dinner.
If you love Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme, give this a try for something even better, cheaper and so amazing. Your kids will go crazy over this crunch wrap recipe. The ingredients are simple and take no time to prepare.
Crunch Wraps will become a hit for the next Mexican Monday. Skip fast food and make these at home. Crunch Wrap Recipe is a crowd favorite and the perfect meal to make any day of the week.
Your wallet will thank you and I promise these are SO much better.
What is a Crunch Wrap?
Everything you love about tacos gets combined into one delicious crunch wrap. Layers of crispy tortillas rounds, soft flour tortillas, taco meat and more make the best recipe.
What is in a Crunchwrap Supreme?
Flavor packed ground beef, cheese, toppings and more make up a Crunchwrap Supreme. This is so easy to make and just the best.
Load your crunchwrap supreme with sour, lettuce and tomato to make the ultimate crunchwrap.
Ingredients for Crunchwrap Supreme:
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning (learn how to make homemade taco seasoning)
- Burrito Size Flour Tortillas
- Tostada Shells
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Lettuce
- Roma Tomato
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Nacho Cheese Sauce
How to Make Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme:
There are a few steps to making a crunchwrap but they are all very easy and simple to do.
- Step 1 – Prepare Ground Beef – First, make sure the ground beef is cooked and seasoned with taco seasoning.
- Step 2 – Warm Cheese – While this is simmering, warm up the nacho cheese and just set aside.
- Step 3 – Layer Ingredients – Lay one of the tortillas on a flat surface and spread the nacho cheese in the middle. Add taco meat and place a tostada shell on top.
- Step 4 – Add Toppings – Now, it is time for the sour cream, lettuce and other toppings.
How to Fold a Crunchwrap:
- Step 1 – Start folding around filling – Start at the bottom and fold the edge up to the center of the filling. Just keep doing that and making sure it is as tight as possible.
- Step 2 – Continue Folding – Keep working your way around the tortilla.
- Step 3 – Heat Crunchwrap on skillet – Use cooking spray to coat another skillet. Place the folded crunchwrap supreme seam side down and cook for a few minutes per side.
- Step 4 – Serve and enjoy – It is that easy. Make sure to eat these immediately while they are hot and crispy.
Tips for The Best Crunchwrap Supremes:
- Large Flour Tortilla – If you find that your tortilla is stiff, you may need to heat it in the microwave. This will ensure that you are able to fold the tortilla easily around the filling.
- Layering the Ingredients – Layer the ingredients as the recipe indicates. This makes sure that everything stays warm and the lettuce and tomatoes stay fresh.
- Filling the Tortilla – Make sure to not overfill the tortilla. So that you are able to properly fold the flour tortilla over the ingredients.
- Meatless – If you prefer to make this crunchwrap without meat, you can easily fill it with beans. We recommend refried beans or black beans.
- Tostada – If you do not have any crunchy tostada, you can easily use salty tortilla chips instead.
- Heat – Heat the finished crunchwrap in a skillet over medium high heat. This will have the homemade version that crispy texture. Make sure to spray the pan with cooking spray to prevent it from sticking.
How Much Filling Should I Add for a Regular Size Crunchwrap?
We recommend only adding a small amount of filling to the tortilla. If you add to much filling than you will not be able to fold the tortilla around the filling.
Add a little filling at a time to get the best amount to fold the tortilla without causing it to tear.
There are so many different ways to top with Crunchwrap Supreme. Anything that you use to top your tacos or burritos you can add to these Crunchwraps.
- Diced Tomatoes
- Green Onion
- Red Onion
- Hot Sauce
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Fresh Lime
- Diced Jalapeno Peppers
- Salsa Verde (try homemade Salsa Verde de Tomatillo Recipe)
Plan Ingredients ahead of time:
This is a great recipe to use leftover taco meat or prepare a batch ahead of time. Go ahead and chop up your toppings so that it is an easy lunch or after school snack. My kids are even able to make their own when the ingredients are already prepared.
This saves me time and money not hitting the drive thru and taste better too.
What to Serve with a Crunch Wrap:
- Sour Cream – We love to serve this crunchwrap with sour cream. This is one of the toppings that is added to make it a supreme crunchwrap. It is also great to serve on the top or as a dipping sauce.
- Taco Sauce – Add a side of our taco sauce for a delicious dipping sauce.
- Guacamole – The key to amazing guacamole is keeping it simple. It really is all about combining 4 basic ingredients and creating a flavorful dip. There is nothing complicated or fancy about it.
- Chips and Queso – Anytime we make any type of Mexican food chips and queso is always on the menu. This is one of our most popular queso recipe and it would be great to dip your crunchwrap in.
We love to make our own homemade seasoning. It taste so much better and is easy to make. You can change the ingredients to what you prefer and there is no added ingredients that are not necessary.
But you can still use the store bought taco seasoning if that is all you have.
How to Store and Reheat:
These crunchwraps are best served immediately. If you do have leftovers, place them in the air tight container and place in the fridge.
When you are ready to reheat, we recommend heating in a large skillet for the best results over medium high heat. Reheating in the Microwave will make the crunchwrap soggy.
Easy Crunchwrap Supreme:
If your kids are like mine, they love going to Taco Bell. But with my large family it gets really expensive. This copcat crunchwrap supreme is always a family favorite. It is loaded with flavor with simple ingredients.
The secret crunchy tostada is what makes this recipe complete. I love the crunchy texture and the combination of the ingredients makes it so delicious.
Prepare all the ingredients ahead of time so it becomes the perfect after school snack or a weekend lunch.
Print Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme Recipe:
Crunchwrap Supreme (skillet recipe)
- 1 lb ground meat
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 burrito size flour tortillas
- 6 tostada shells
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 roma tomato diced
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- nacho cheese
- In a skillet or large cooking pan, cook and crumble the ground beef over medium-high heat. When it is no longer pink, stir in the taco seasoning and the water.
- Warm up the nacho cheese sauce in the microwave and set aside.
- Place the flour tortillas on a plate and warm in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Lay one tortilla on a flat surface. Spread a couple of tablespoons of nacho cheese in the middle of the tortilla.
- Place ½ cup of taco meat on top of the nacho cheese.
- Next, add the tostada shell, a thin layer of sour cream, lettuce, tomato, and lastly, the shredded pepper jack cheese.
- To fold into the actual crunchwrap, start with the bottom of the tortilla and fold the edge up to the center of the fillings. Keep doing that, folding as tight as possible, as you work your way around the tortilla.
- Spray another skillet or cooking pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Place the crunchwrap supreme, seam-side down, onto the skillet. Cook for 2-3 min., or until golden brown.
- Flip over and cook the other side for another 2-3 min or until golden brown.
- Cook the rest of your crunchwraps and eat immediately.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Copycat Recipes:
Try some of these easy Mexican recipes:
- Easy Ground Beef Enchiladas Recipe
- The best Sour Cream Enchiladas Recipe
- Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Easy Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe
- Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- Quick Skillet Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Easy Baked Enchilada Chicken Recipe