Baked Enchilada chicken….
Sometimes you are dieting, or trying to take better care of yourself (ahem…) but then all of a sudden you have a crazy craving for delicious chicken enchilada casserole for 6 days after your started that said diet. 😉 You can’t have the tortillas in the baked chicken enchilada recipe because you are watching your calorie intake. However…. you can’t get those cravings out of your head. That is how this super easy and super delicious Baked Enchilada Chicken was born.
Seriously good chicken.
Seriously easy chicken.
Are you taking me serious yet? 😉 I have 8 kids, and every single one gave this a thumbs up. Everyone loves it and in fact we have eaten twice in the past two weeks. It is that good. The best part is that you just dump it all in a pan and bake!
Simple Baked Chicken Enchilada recipe
Plus you only need a few ingredients – can you really get better than this?
Well, I guess my crock pot chicken tacos recipe is just as amazing. You might want to try that recipe too.
My pictures don’t look AMAZING, but this chicken really is.
This is what you need:
- 2-3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (I fillet mine so they cook faster but you don’t have to)
- 1 can of green chili enchilada sauce, 10 oz
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1/2 – 1 cup of shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
Note, if you want this to be gluten free, then try the Las Palmas Enchilada sauce. It is gluten free. We use it all the time!
How to Make Baked Enchilada Chicken:
- Spray a 9×13 Pan with non stick spray.
- Place chicken in the bottom.
- Season with garlic salt and chili powder.
- Pour the can of Green chili enchilada sauce over the chicken.
- Baked at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Top with the shredded cheese and broil for a minute until cheese is melted.
The easiest chicken enchilada bake.
To be honest, our favorite way to enjoy this dinner is served over our Brown Rice Pressure Cooker Recipe and with my easy Broccoli in the Microwave. The kids love to take the extra juices and spoon it over the broccoli and rice. It is amazing. Plus this Mom loves a good and easy dinner.
I’m telling you, this recipe is delicious and I know your family will love it. Try it tonight and let me know what you think.
Print the recipe below:
Try this easy low carb recipe, Baked Enchilada Chicken. Enjoy all the flavor of chicken enchilada bake without the carbs. Try baked enchilada chicken today!
- 2-3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (I fillet mine so they cook faster but you don't have to)
- (1) 10 oz. can of green chili enchilada sauce (I use Old El Paso)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 - 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
Spray a 9x13 Pan with non stick spray.
Place chicken in the bottom.
Season with garlic salt and chili powder.
Pour the can of Green chili enchilada sauce over the chicken.
Baked at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
Top with the shredded cheese and broil for a minute until cheese is melted.
Serve with your favorite sides including our Spanish rice or our homemade refried beans.