This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Recipe is incredibly simple and has an amazing red pepper cream sauce. Enjoy this delicious meal while following the keto lifestyle but it is so tasty that the entire family will enjoy it.
Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Recipe
Are you eating low carb or Keto? You have to try this delicious Low Carb Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Recipe.
We love chicken but wanted a new way to cook it. This recipe certainly does the trick and the roasted red pepper really kicks it up a notch.
The cream sauce is pretty amazing too! There is just so much flavor and this recipe is so amazing that even those not doing Keto will enjoy it. We love that in about 20 minutes dinner is done.
Easy Weeknight Meal!
If you like alfredo sauce, you will love this chicken with roasted red peppers. The sauce is rich and creamy and oh so yummy!
The chicken is tender and blends together with the delicious sauce for a great meal. In fact, you will find it hard to believe you are eating keto with something so amazing and tasty!
It is the best weeknight meal that everyone will enjoy. Even my kids ate it with no complaining. In about 30 minutes dinner was on the table.
Is this Chicken Keto?
Yes, this is a great meal if you are following a keto diet plan. We try and incorporate a low carb meal several times a week. This meal is always at the top of our list since it is loaded with so much flavor.
We also love that they are simple ingredients and I can toss all the ingredients in the skillet and dinner is done.
With just a few simple ingredients, you can quickly and easily enjoy a fabulous dinner!
- Chicken Breasts
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Garlic and Other Seasonings
- Chicken Broth
- Heavy Cream
How to make Roasted Red Pepper Chicken
This recipe looks fancy but it is so easy to make.
- Melt Butter – In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. You can also use olive oil.
- Cook Chicken – Add the chicken, season with the salt and pepper and brown on both sides. We recommend cooking chicken for 4-6 minutes on each side.
- When Chicken is cooked – When those are brown on both sides, remove from the pan and place chicken on a separate plate.
- Add in Ingredients – Add the garlic, red peppers and broth to the pan. Sauté on medium heat until the peppers are tender (approximately 5-6 minutes).
- Stir in Heavy Whipping Cream – Then stir in the heavy whipping cream and parmesan cheese. Reduce the heat to low to simmer. Whisk and cook until the cheese is melted and combined (2-3 minutes).
- Place Chicken back in pan – Add the chicken to the pan in with the roasted red pepper sauce, simmer for a few minutes to bring the chicken back to a warm temperature.
- Serve and Enjoy – Then remove from heat and enjoy!
How long do I cook Chicken in a Skillet?
When cooking the chicken in the skillet, we like to use a iron skillet. Cook chicken in the iron skillet over medium heat about 4 to 6 minutes on each side. Use a meat thermometer to make sure your chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
We always use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is done before serving.
- Cream Cheese – You can use cream cheese instead of heavy whipping cream.
- Add in Spice – If you want it a little spicier, you can add in some crushed red pepper flakes.
- Lemon Juice – Before serving, squeeze lemon juice over the top.
What to serve with Roasted Red Pepper Chicken?
- Serve over Spinach – Our favorite way to enjoy this chicken is over a bed of fresh spinach. It goes perfectly with this chicken. Since the red pepper sauce is so rich and creamy, the lightness of the spinach really balance the meal out. It is an amazing combination.
- Add a Garden Salad – You could easily use mixed greens or what you have on hand. It really is so tasty with very little work.
- Pasta or Potatoes – If you are not following a low carb diet, you can serve this with pasta, potatoes or rice.
- Low Carb Option – Make cauliflower rice or zoodles and for an easy keto option.
How to store leftovers:
We love having leftovers with this meal. The creamy sauce really marinates in the chicken overnight making it so delicious the next day.
It is perfect to place in individual containers in the refrigerator. It will stay good for about to 3 to 4 days. This makes a perfect lunch for my husband and I the next day. Which saves us time and money.
Print Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Chicken recipe
Roasted Red Pepper Keto Chicken
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the chicken, season with the salt and pepper and brown on both sides (4-6 minutes on each side). When those are brown on both sides, remove from the pan on a separate plate.
- Then add the garlic, red peppers and broth to the pan. Sauté on medium heat until the peppers are tender (approximately 5-6 minutes).
- Then stir in the heavy whipping cream and parmesan cheese. Reduce the heat to low to simmer. Whisk and cook until the cheese is melted and combined (2-3 minutes).
- Add the chicken to the pan, simmer for a few minutes to bring the chicken back to a warm temperature.
- Then remove from heat and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe