This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Texas Roadhouse Herb Crusted Chicken is seasoned perfectly and cooked in a skillet for an amazing dinner idea. Easy, flavorful copycat recipe.
Texas Roadhouse Herb Crusted Chicken Recipe:
You are going to love this savory, tasty, herb crusted chicken recipe. This Texas Roadhouse recipe is one of our favorites to get at our favorite restaurant. We love that it is made with simple seasoning and the perfect weeknight meal.
We cook a lot of chicken in our home. Grilling, baking, or cooking on a skillet chicken breast recipes are always a family favorite. This herb crusted chicken recipe really jazzes up chicken breast and gives it so much flavor.
Only a few minutes to prepare this chicken recipe and the results are a juicy, tender chicken breast. Add your favorite sides for a complete meal.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Dried Dill
- Dried Basil
- Dried Oregano
- Garlic Powder
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Lemon (juiced)
How to Make Texas Roadhouse Herb Crusted Chicken:
- Step 1 – Combine Seasoning – Mix all the seasonings together in a small bowl.
- Step 2 – Flatten Chicken Breast – Place the chicken breasts in between plastic wrap. Use a large wooden spoon or mallet to flatten the chicken breasts.
- Step 3 – Season Chicken – Season both sides of the chicken breasts with the seasoning mixture.
- Step 4 – Heat Oil – Heat the olive oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Add the chicken breasts to the pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side. Or until both sides of the chicken is browned and crispy.
- Step 5 – Continue Cooking chicken – Reduce the heat to medium low. Continue cooking until the fried chicken is cooked through (internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
- Step 6 – Serve and Enjoy – Remove from the heat. Top with the lemon juice. Let the chicken sit for 5 minutes. Then serve and enjoy!
What to Serve with Herb Crusted Chicken Texas Roadhouse:
- Homemade Cornbread – Cornbread is the perfect side to this Herb Crusted Chicken. I love that it is made from scratch so I can control the ingredients.
- Green Beans with Bacon – Jazz up your green beans by adding in bacon. This savory dish compliments this chicken perfectly.
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes – Make this easy side of loaded mashed potatoes. I love getting them at Texas Roadhouse and now you can make them at home.
- Meat Thermometer – To make sure your chicken is done, use a meat thermometer to chicken the internal temperature.
- Flatten Chicken – Before cooking chicken, you want to flatten the thickness of your chicken to about the same size. This ensure the chicken cooks evenly and they are all done about the same time.
- Season Chicken – In a bowl mix the seasoning together. Then make sure to season both sides of the chicken with herbs and spices to give it the best flavor.
- Oil – Heat oil in the skillet before adding the chicken. This helps to cook chicken perfectly giving it the brown, crispy texture.
- Continue Cooking – Allow the chicken to cook on low heat until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Rest Chicken – Before serving the chicken, allow the chicken to rest.
- Bake Chicken – If you prefer, you can place chicken in a dish and bake. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and back for about 20 minutes on each side.
How to Tell if Chicken is Done:
I use an instant-read meat thermometer to make sure that the chicken is cooked through a safe temperature before eating.
After, allow the chicken to cook for about 7 minutes per side depending on the size of chicken. Then insert the meat thermometer in the chicken. This is the best option instead of slicing chicken.
The chicken is finished cooking once the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Cooking time varies as it might take a few more minutes depending on the thickness of chicken and your oven.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Before storing chicken, make sure it has cooled to room temperature.
Easy Copycat Recipe:
We love making copycat recipes at home. This Herb Crusted Chicken is simple to make and the ingredients are pantry staples. This has become go-to chicken recipe when I need a quick healthy recipe.
I add a side of roasted vegetables and potatoes and dinner is done.
Print Recipe here for Texas Roadhouse Herb Crusted Chicken Recipe:
Texas Roadhouse Herb Crusted Chicken Recipe
- Mix all the seasonings together in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken breasts in between plastic wrap and use a large wooden spoon or mallet to flatten the chicken breasts.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with the seasoning mixture.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken breasts to the pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side until both sides of the chicken is browned and crispy.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through (internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
- Remove from the heat. Top with the lemon juice. Let the chicken sit for 5 minutes. Then serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Copycat Texas Roadhouse Recipes:
- Copycat Texas Roadhouse Steak Recipe
- Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Butter Recipe
- Texas Roadhouse Seasoning Recipe