This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Texas Roadhouse fans will love this recipe for Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning. Enjoy this at home for a flavor packed meal and save money too.
Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning
Our family loves Texas Roadhouse. Of course we like steak and that can get pricey for a family. I decided to try making their steak seasoning at home.
The results? We all agreed the steaks were amazing cooked with this seasoning. It was so easy to make.
I think we are really going to enjoy being able to have this at home. Not only can we have a great meal but save money too eating at home.
- Brown Sugar
- Kosher salt
- Black Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Salt
- Garlic Powder
All of these different types of seasoning combine for a great steak seasoning blend.
How to make Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning:
- Get out a large mixing bowl. Add all of the ingredients and combine. Everything should be well blended.
- Rub seasoning on steak. Use about 1 Tablespoon of the seasoning mixture on the steak of choice.
- Allow the steak to sit with the seasoning. I usually leave it for at least 30 minutes and then grill the steak.
Jump to recipe below for complete instructions. It is so simple to make.
How to store seasoning:
Place the leftover seasoning mixture in an air tight container. I usually put the seasoning inside a mason jar or reuse one of my old spice jars.
Another idea to try is a plastic bag. Just put the mixture into a ziplock bag.
We love this steak seasoning so much that I often make extra just to keep on hand. It will be ready for the next time you are in the mood for steak.
How much seasoning to use?
I use about 1 Tablespoon of seasoning per steak. This can vary depending on the size of steak you are using.
This recipe is enough steak seasoning for 2-3 steaks depending on the size of your steaks.
When to apply steak seasoning?
- Rub seasoning on steak 40 minutes prior to cooking. This dry rub gives the meat such amazing flavor. Every bite of steak will be infused with this delicious seasoning.
- Overnight is another option. Just rub the roadhouse steak seasoning recipe on the steak. Place the steak inside a ziploc bag or container with lid. Refrigerate overnight for tons of flavor the next day.
Best of Cuts of steak for grilling:
It makes a difference when you choose the correct cut of meat.
- Filet Mignon
- T-Bone Steak
What to serve with steak?
For more tasty side dishes to try, learn what to serve with steak.
Tips to cook steak:
- Use a meat thermometer. Use a meat thermometer to make sure the meat is cooked to your preference.
- Allow Steak rest. Allow the steak to rest after cooking. This will make sure the flavorful juices stay inside.
- Rare – 120F, cool to warm red center
- for Medium Rare – 130F, Warm red center
- Medium – 140F, Hot pink center
- Medium Well – 150F, Mostly brown center
- Well Done – 160F, full brown in color
A meat thermometer is crucial to cooking steak to your liking. Use this guide to know what temperature the steak should be based on how you eat your steak.
The thermometer should be inserted in the thickest part of the meat.
Enjoy delicious steak at home.
Save money and make this seasoning to enjoy at home. It really tastes just like Texas Roadhouse.
We love being able to enjoy this any night of the week. Make this seasoning today and see how easy and delicious it is.
Print Copycat Texas Roadhouse Seasoning Recipe:
Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning
- Stir together all the ingredients in a mixing bowl to thoroughly combine.
- Rub approximately 1 Tbsp of the seasoning mixture on your steak of choice.
- Let the steak sit with the seasoning on it for at least 30 minutes and then grill and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe