Make easy bacon wrapped green beans for an appetizer or delicious side dish. The green beans are topped with brown sugar and bacon for the best flavor.
Bacon wrapped green beans Recipe
This recipe looks fabulous on the dining table and the presentation is definitely amazing. Plus, the green bean bundles taste even better! And the best part is they are SO simple to make!
I love when easy, delicious and stunning all come together! Oh and did I mention frugal? Yes, this recipe is also easy on the budget.
What are you waiting for? Go make this recipe today! It is delicious!
- Fresh Green Beans
- Bacon – Don’t use thick-cut bacon, you want this to cook quickly in the oven so the bacon is ready the same time the green beans are.
- Brown Sugar
Do you need to precook the bacon?
You do not need to precook the bacon if you are using thinly sliced bacon.
If you are using a thicker bacon, I do recommend precooking the bacon to make sure the bacon is crispy and finished when the green beans are cooked.
How to make bacon wrapped green beans
First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Second, get the fresh green beans ready while the oven heats up. Just trim the ends off of the fresh green beans.
Next, cut the bacon slices in half. You will use a half a bacon strip per green bean bundle.
You need a baking sheet and I suggest lining it with foil or parchment paper.
HOW TO MAKE GREEN BEAN BUNDLES
Start by wrapping about 6 to 8 green beans with a piece of the bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
Next, put the bundle of green beans on the baking sheet.
Once all of the bundles are situated, sprinkle them with the brown sugar and salt.
Finally, bake these for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and cooked through. The time may need adjusting so that the green beans are cooked to your preference.
Tips for green beans wrapped in bacon:
- The green beans are slightly crispy in this recipe. If you prefer softer green beans, cook them for about 5 minutes longer.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of brown sugar if you don’t like the sweet and savory combination. You can omit the brown sugar entirely if you prefer, but the brown sugar flavor is amazing.
- Thin cut bacon is best in this recipe. The thick cut bacon takes longer to cook and the side facing the green beans is harder to get crispy.
- We used thin French style green beans. You can use regular green beans but they will need longer to cook since they are thicker.
- Don’t forget to put the foil or parchment paper down on the sheet pan. It really helps with cleanup. I highly recommend it!
Can you make them ahead of time?
Yes! Save time and make these in advance. It is so nice having one less thing to do especially if you are serving this for a holiday or special occasion.
Simply make these as normal but don’t add the salt and brown sugar on top. You just want to make the bundles and cover. Put in the refrigerator up to 24 hours in advance.
When you are ready to cook, sprinkle the brown sugar and salt. Bake as normal. This is so easy to make ahead.
I think it is a fun recipe to make. I can’t wait for you to try it.
The best bacon wrapped green bean bundles!
This is seriously the easiest recipe. You will love it and anyone can make it.
I think it looks fancy and like something from a restaurant. However, is is super easy make!
Try it served with Parmesan Grilled Corn on the Cob and Grilled Balsamic Glazed Chicken. Yum!
Do you need to blanch the green beans first?
I do not blanch the green beans in this recipe, but you can. Blanching the green beans first will give you a softer green beans.
Print this recipe for bacon wrapped green bean bundles:
Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
- 1 lb Fresh Green Beans
- 6 slices Bacon
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim the ends off of the fresh green beans and cut the bacon slices in half.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Wrap approximately 6-8 green beans with a piece of the bacon and secure it on with a toothpick.
- Then place the wrapped green beans on the baking sheet. Sprinkle the green beans wrapped in bacon with the brown sugar and salt.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the bacon is cooked through and the green beans are cooked.
- Serve warm and then enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More bacon wrapped recipes to try:
- Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies
- Easy Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Chicken
I hv made these your years! You can also use whole green beans in a can, just drain very well! ALSO, do not add salt, you’ll get enough salt from the bacon!!! ALSO, sprinkle GARLIC OVER them before & after the brown sugar!!! You can use as much brown sugar & Garlic prdr as you wish(to taste)!! Spray margarine can be sprayed all over for added taste!!! If you like crispyness on your bacon, cook longer! They can also be placed close together on cookie sheet, it won’t hurt; actually works better!!!! Especially if the brown sugar covers the whole cookie sheet of the bundles!!! The taste of the bacon juices, bacon, garlic & brown sugar is what makes these AWESOME!!! You can’t eat just 4 either!!! I use 8-10 can of whole green beans & 2- 2 1/2 btls of thin sliced bacon w/some fat for a GOOD TASTE & turn out!!!! Enjoy!!!!
One of our holiday favorites!!
Loved ‘em. Fixing some for Christmas Dinner.
Thank you for sharing your tips Rhonda and I’m glad you enjoy the recipe.