Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf is the perfect Sunday night meal. It is packed with flavor and easy to make. Wrapping your classic meatloaf recipe in bacon takes it to the next level.
Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Recipe:
Meatloaf Wrapped Bacon is a delicious way to cook your classic meatloaf recipe. Meatloaf is a staple Sunday night dinner and wrapping it in bacon ensure every one is going to eat it.
The sweet and tangy ketchup glaze gives this meatloaf so much flavor. It really takes your traditional meatloaf recipe and makes it so delicious. The ground beef mixed with simple seasoning makes this the perfect meal to start the week off right.
Jazz up your ordinary meatloaf recipe and wrap it in bacon. Simple meatloaf recipe made even better wrapped in bacon. Add a side of mashed potatoes and sweet carrots to make this easy and delicious meatloaf recipe.
Easy Meatloaf Recipe:
We love making meatloaf. There are many ways to make but always include simple ingredients. If you love making meatloaf as much as my family then try these other meatloaf recipes.
- Lipton Onion Soup Meatloaf Recipe – This simple seasoning adds so much flavor and can be made with 5 additional ingredients.
- Cracker Barrel Meatloaf Recipe – This copycat recipe is recipe is the perfect blend of flavors and a delicious copycat recipe.
- Crockpot Meatloaf Recipe – Meatloaf is such a delicious comfort food but it really can heat up the kitchen. The slow cooker does all of the work and you get tender and delicious meatloaf.
For the Meatloaf:
- Ground Beef
- Yellow Onion, finely diced
- Worcestershire sauce
- Minced Garlic
For the Topping:
- Brown Sugar
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf:
- Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9X5 loaf pan with the slices of the bacon making sure that they overlap and that the ends hang out of the loaf pan.
- Step 2 – In a large bowl, stir together the ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix just until the meat mixture ingredients are combined.
- Step 3 – In a separate small bowl, stir together the topping ingredients.
- Step 4 – Spread approximately ⅓ of the topping mixture on top of the bacon in the loaf pan.
- Step 5 – Then press the ground beef mixture into the loaf pan on top of the ketchup mixture. Fill the pan and then warp the ends of the bacon over the bottom of the formed loaf.
- Step 6 – Flip the loaf pan onto a baking sheet lined with either foil or parchment paper. Make sure that the strips of bacon are tight around the meatloaf.
- Step 7 – Top the meatloaf with the remaining ketchup topping mixture.
- Step 8 – Bake for 60-70 minutes until the meat has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F and the bacon is crispy. No need to cover with aluminum foil.
- Step 9 – Remove from the oven and let the loaf set for 10-15 minutes.
- Step 10 – Then slice, serve and enjoy.
How do you keep Meatloaf from Falling apart:
To keep your Meatloaf from falling apart make sure you add the eggs and the breadcrumbs. These two ingredients help bind the meat to keep it from falling apart.
Make sure you don’t overcook your meatloaf. This could be another reason the meatloaf is falling apart.
How Long to Cook:
The reason that meatloaf is the perfect Sunday night meal that it usually takes about an house to cook. Since it cooks in a loaf pan the meat is thick and takes longer to cook.
After the meatloaf has cooked for about an hour, I will check the meat with a meat thermometer to ensure it is cooked before remove from the oven. The reading should show that the internal temperature is 165 degrees when it is finished cooking.
What is the Secret to Moist Meatloaf?
The secret to keeping the meatloaf is to make sure that you do not skip on the wet ingredients. The eggs, Worcestershire Sauce, and the Ketchup glaze helps to add flavor and to keep the meat moist.
How do you know when Meatloaf is done Cooking:
A classic meatloaf recipe takes about an hour to cook. After about an hour, I will check it with a meat thermometer to see if it is done cooking. It is best to use a meat thermometer to see if it is done cooking instead of slicing meatloaf.
If the meat thermometer shows a read of 160 degrees to 165 degrees then you meat loaf is done. If it doesn’t, continue cooking for an additional 15 to 30 minutes.
What to Serve with Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf?
- Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes – This recipe is a game changer and makes mashed potatoes so simple. No need for separate pans and boiling potatoes. This easy recipe does not require any boiling or draining.
- Glazed Carrots – If you have never had glazed carrots, it is such a sweet and delicious side dish. This recipe can be made quickly and easily during the week for an inexpensive vegetable to serve with your main dish.
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese – This easy Baked Mac and Cheese recipe is so creamy and cheesy. Plus, the delicious bread crumb topping makes this Southern mac and cheese simply amazing.
- Homemade Rolls – These homemade rolls are the perfect side with mashed potatoes and green beans. My kids will make meatloaf sandwiches with these rolls.
- Ground Beef – I recommend using 90% lean beef as it won’t be too greasy for this meatloaf recipe. You can also use ground pork, ground turkey or do half beef and half turkey.
- Bacon – We recommend using thin bacon slices for this recipe. Thick cut bacon doesn’t cook as well and takes longer to get crispy.
- Add Cheese – Mix in cheese with this recipe. We recommend American or Mozzarella for added flavor.
- Change the Seasoning – Italian Seasoning is always a good options or a ranch seasoning packet.
- Keto Option – If you prefer to make this keto friendly, use almond flour instead of bread crumbs to mix with the other ingredients.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Slicing the meatloaf too early will cause the juices to leak out so make sure to let it rest prior to serving.
Print Recipe here for Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf:
Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
FOR THE MEATLOAF
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Yellow Onion finely diced
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 12 Slices Bacon
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9X5 loaf pan with the slices of the bacon making sure that they overlap and that the ends hang out of the loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix just until the ingredients are combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the topping ingredients.
- Spread approximately ⅓ of the topping mixture on top of the bacon in the loaf pan.
- Then press the ground beef mixture into the loaf pan on top of the ketchup mixture. Fill the pan and then warp the ends of the bacon over the bottom of the formed loaf.
- Flip the loaf pan onto a baking sheet lined with either foil or parchment paper. Make sure that the strips of bacon are tight around the meatloaf.
- Top the meatloaf with the remaining ketchup topping mixture.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes until the meat has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F and the bacon is crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let the loaf set for 10-15 minutes.
- Then slice, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Dinner Recipes:
- Oven Roasted Potatoes and Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
- Sheet Pan Chicken Thigh Dinner Recipe
- Crock Pot Italian Pork Chop Dinner