This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Make green beans with bacon for a savory and delicious side dish. With just a few ingredients, this recipe is simple but loaded with flavor.
Green beans with bacon
Once you try green beans cooked with bacon, there isn’t any going back to eatiing plain green beans. There isn’t any comparison because the bacon just adds so much flavor.
If you have kids that are resistant to eating veggies, make this and watch the green beans disappear. Bacon definitely turns plain green beans into something special for an easy side dish recipe.
Everyone will really love green beans made with bacon. I am sure they will also love this Oven Roasted Squash Recipe.
Let’s make fresh green beans!
This is one of our favorite side dish recipes. It is so tasty and also really simple.
Whip this together in just minutes. It is easy enough for busy weeknights. You only need a few minutes.
Ingredients you need
- Fresh Green Beans- make sure to wash and trim the edges.
- Bacon- diced
- Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
Just 4 ingredients for this easy green beans recipe. You don’t need anything complicated!
This is super easy, making it the perfect side dish.
How to make green beans with bacon:
First, dice the bacon into small pieces. Then cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat.
Sometimes I like to add diced onion to the recipe. If you like onions, add the onion when you add the bacon. Fry the bacon and the onions together.
Just cook until the bacon is how you prefer it. If you like it crispy, you will need to cook it longer.
Once the bacon is finished, remove it from the pan and put on a separate plate. I like to place the bacon on paper towels to lessen the grease.
Then drain some of the bacon grease. I normally leave about 2 tablespoons of the grease to cook the green beans in.
Next, add the green beans to the bacon drippings. Sauté the green beans, stirring occasionally, until they are slightly brown and cooked to the tenderness that you prefer.
This normally takes about 10 to 15 minutes.
You will need to keep a close eye on the green beans so they don’t run out of liquid. If the grease gets cooked off during the process, add a little water to the pan.
Another idea is to add chicken broth instead of water.
Finally, add the minced garlic and bacon to the pan. You can also add red pepper flakes if you like things spicy.
Let this cook for another minute and then serve right away.
Canned Green beans with bacon
You can easily make this recipe with canned green beans instead of fresh. Just reduce the cook time to 5-7 minutes.
Once the green beans are added, heat them through and combine the flavors.
The recipe is really good even with canned green beans. You cannot mess up this recipe. It is the best side dish recipe.
I almost always have canned green beans in the pantry. We also usually have bacon in the fridge to jazz up boring canned green beans. That’s all you need for an amazing side dish recipe.
Green beans go with almost any dinner. They are a very versatile side dish. However here are a few of my favorite recipes to serve bacon with.
- Baked Chicken Legs
- Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- Simple Oven Baked Pork Chops
- Balsamic Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin Recipe
Make easy green beans and bacon.
This side dish is really easy but tastes delicious. The bacon flavor jazzes up the green beans for a fabulous side dish the entire family will love.
Green beans are easy to make and inexpensive too. They go with just about anything for a great side dish.
Give this a try the next time you need a simple side dish that will taste amazing. It does not disappoint.
They look fancy but the recipe is super easy.
Print this green beans with bacon recipe below:
Green Beans with Bacon
- Cook the chopped bacon in a large pan over medium high heat until the bacon is the crispiness that you prefer.
- Move the bacon to a separate plate.
- Drain off some of the bacon grease from the pan. Leave approximately 2 Tbsp of the grease still in the pan to cook the green beans in.
- Then add in the green beans and sauté the green beans until the are slightly brown and the green beans are cooked to the tenderness that you prefer (10-15 minutes). Watch closely and add a small amount of water if all the grease gets cooked off while cooking.
- Add the minced garlic and bacon, cook for 1 minute and then serve immediately.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More easy side dish recipes:
- Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- Easy Sautéed Green Beans Recipe
- Easy Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe with Apples
- Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes Casserole Recipe
- Easy Cheesy Potato Casserole Recipe
- Bacon Brussel Sprouts Recipe
- Jalapeno corn casserole recipe
- easy creamed corn recipe
- bacon wrapped green beans