This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Ground Beef Tostada Recipe is such a fun dinner idea and really tasty too. Serve this meal for your family or make tostadas for a crowd. This meal is super easy and delicious.
We love this Ground Beef Tostada Recipe. It is seriously one of the easiest recipes ever and our kids go crazy over this.
I can toss this together with hardly any effort but it is so delicious. We have served this for a quick meal during busy weeknights but also for parties.
Table of Contents
What is a Tostada?
Tostada is similar to a taco but it is just it is served on a flat taco shell. You add all your favorite taco toppings and you usually need both hands to eat it.
Tostadas can be served with ground turkey or chicken.
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning (We like homemade taco seasoning.)
- Refried Beans
- Cheddar Cheese
- Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Roma Tomatoes
- Red Onion
- Store Bought Tostadas Shells
For the full list of ingredients and recipe, scroll to the bottom to see the recipe card.
- Spicy – Add in some hot sauce for extra heat. You can add this in the ground beef if everyone likes things spicy. Another option is to add some hot sauce to each individual plate if not everyone likes the extra heat. It is really easy to suit everyone’s taste.
- Change Meat – Feel free to make these tostadas with ground turkey or ground chicken.
- Seasoning – We used homemade taco seasoning with cumin, garlic powder, salt, garlic, and chili powder. But you can use seasoning bought from the grocery store.
- Homemade Tostada Shells – You can buy crispy tostada shells from the store, but you can also heat up corn tortilla or fry corn tortillas in a skillet.
How to Make Ground Beef Tostadas:
Step 1 – First, place the easy ground beef, taco seasoning, and salsa and onion in skillet. Cook on medium high heat. Break apart the meat as it browns and stir to combine.
Step 2 – Heat up the tostadas on a baking sheet in the oven until warm.
Step 3 – Heat up the refried beans in the skillet over medium heat.
Step 4 – Spread the tostadas with thin layer of refried beans.
Step 5 – Top the refried beans with ground beef mixture.
Step 6 – Then top with any other toppings you enjoy: avocado, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheddar cheese. Serve and Enjoy!
- Cooking Ground Beef – Cook the ground beef with the taco seasoning and veggies. You can easily make the meat ahead of time for a quick and easy dinner idea. Great way to use leftover meat.
- Tostadas – Warm the tortillas before adding your favorite toppings.
- Shredded Lettuce
- Queso Fresco
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Quick Salsa Verde De Tomatillo Recipe
- Very Simple Guacamole Recipe
- The best pico de gallo recipe
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Fresh Cilantro
How to Make Tostadas for a Crowd:
Keep the meat warm in a crock pot so you have everything to make a tostada bar for a family gathering. This is a huge hit and everyone always loves making their own tostadas.
We serve this a lot for parties and it is so easy. You can easily make a topping bar so everyone can load up their tostadas how they like.
It is a super fun party idea and very simple to do.
How to Store Leftovers:
We recommend storing leftovers in separate containers. This will keep the tostada shells from getting soggy.
More Easy Mexican Recipes:
- Crock Pot Mexican Lasagna Recipe
- Easy Mexican Casserole Recipe
- Crock Pot Mexican Taco Casserole Recipe
- Crockpot Taco Soup Recipe
- Baked Mexican Chicken
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Avocado Sandwich
We love hearing from you. If you make these Ground Beef Tostadas Recipe, please leave a comment or a star review.
Ground Beef Tostada Recipe
- 2 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 onion diced
- Place the beef, taco seasoning, and salsa and onion in a large skillet.
- Heat over medium high heat.
- Break apart the meat as it browns and stir to combine. Continue to cook until the beef is cooked through.
- Heat up the tostadas on a baking pan until warm.
- Heat up the refried beans in the skillet over medium high heat until heated through.
- Spread the tostadas with refried beans.
- Top with beef.
- Then top with any other toppings you enjoy: avocado, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheddar cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe