EEK! I’m so excited to share with you this Crock Pot Mexican Taco Casserole Recipe. It is amazing because you can enjoy this delicious casserole without heating up the kitchen. You are going to love this delicious and easy recipe!
This slow cooker taco casserole is perfect for your next taco night!
We take Taco Tuesday seriously in my house. Generally, we like to enjoy Mexican food on Tuesdays night and it has kind of become a tradition in our household.
I’m not even sure how it started but it has and my entire family has grown to love tacos on Tuesday night.
However, I get bored of the same old same old and I like to mix this up a bit. This crock pot taco casserole is the perfect way to enjoy all those taco flavors on your next Taco Tuesday or Mexican Monday!
This recipe is very family friendly and I’m sure everyone in your house is going to ask for it again!
You’ll need a crock pot for this crock pot taco casserole recipe!
Isn’t it just beautiful? My family can still enjoy all our favorite casserole recipes without ever turning the oven on. How awesome is that?
So I decided to turn my very popular Easy Taco Casserole Recipe into a crock pot recipe. The results are delicious and I never had to eat up the kitchen by turning on my oven. Woohoo!
However, a casserole crock pot is not required for this recipe. You can easily make this is whatever crock pot you already own. I just love this casserole one!
Have you made your own Taco Seasoning yet?
I’m also using my favorite Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix to make this crock pot taco rice casserole.
If you don’t have any homemade, you can use 1/2 taco seasoning package, but I would like to challenge you to make your own taco seasoning.
It tastes great and it hardly any work. I bet you already have everything to make it! I promise, you won’t go back to the packets once you make your own!
What is needed to make this slow cooker Mexican casserole ground beef recipe?
- Ground Turkey or Ground Beef
- Chopped onion
- Black Beans
- Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles (aka Rotel)
- Taco Seasoning
- Garlic Salt
- Cooked Rice – White or Brown work great for this recipe.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
How to make Crock pot Mexican Taco Casserole Recipe:
First brown your ground turkey or ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat. Then add in the chopped onions, taco seasoning, tomatoes, beans and corn.
Stir to combine all these ingredients and set aside
Next spray the inside of your crock pot casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. This will make it easy to serve so don’t skip this step!
Then spread the cooked rice in the bottom of the crock pot. Sprinkle this mixture with the garlic salt.
After that spoon the meat mixture over the rice and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
Place the lid on top and cook on high for 2-3 hours. Cooking times will vary based on the crock pot that you use to make this recipe.
That’s al there is to it! I love that you don’t have to heat up your kitchen with the oven to enjoy this easy casserole recipe.
This crock pot beef taco casserole recipe is a keeper! Our family devours it every time!
Taco rice casserole topping ideas:
- Green Onions
- Sour Cream
Also you can top this casserole with tortilla chips or Fritos to make crock pot taco casserole with Fritos.
My husband loves to top it will lettuce, chips to make a taco salad. My kids choose not to top it with anything. They love it just the way it is! Like I said, this easy recipe is a perfect family friendly recipe.
This recipe will surprise you. It doesn’t seem like much, but it has some amazing flavor!
Try these variations of this Crock pot Mexican Taco casserole recipe too:
- Add shredded chicken instead of the beef
- Use Salsa verde or green enchilada sauce instead of the Rotel
- Try kidney beans instead of the black beans
- Try adding in 1/2 cups of bell peppers or jalapeños
As you can see you can make this delicious crock pot Mexican taco casserole several different ways for more easy dinner ideas.
Print this recipe and the nutrition information below:
Need an easy crock pot recipe? Try this crock pot Mexican Taco Casserole Recipe. This easy beef taco casserole recipe is amazing!
- 1 pound ground turkey (or ground beef)
- 1/2 onion chopped - optional
- 1 cup corn
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis (aka rotel)
- 1/2 package Taco seasoning (or 4 tablespoons of homemade taco seasoning)
- garlic salt to taste
- 2 cups cooked rice (I used brown rice that I cooked but you can use any)
- 8 oz shredded cheese (we used cheddar)
First brown your ground turkey or ground beef.
Add in chopped onions, taco seasoning, tomatoes, beans and corn.
Stir to combine and set aside
Spray the inside of your crock pot casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Spread the cooked rice in the bottom of the crock pot.
Sprinkle with garlic salt.
Spoon the meat mixture over the rice.
Top with cheddar cheese
Place the lid on top and cook on high for 2-3 hours.
For some crunch, add some crushed tortilla chips on top before you serve it. Yum!
Learn How to make refried beans in the crockpot. With very little effort, you will have refried beans that are so healthy and delicious.
Crock pot chicken tostadas recipe gets dinner on the table fast for a meal everyone will love.
Enjoy Taco Lasagna Recipe any night of the week for a meal full of cheesy and delicious layers.
Enjoy your Taco Bell fix at home when you make this delicious Taco Bell Mexican Pizza recipe.
Try these other crock pot casserole recipes:
- Pesto Chicken Pasta Casserole
- Crock Pot Spaghetti Casserole
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Hamburger Hash Brown Casserole
- Beef Noodle Casserole Recipe
- Creamy Roasted Red Peppers Chicken Casserole
More Mexican recipes to try:
- Easy Spanish Rice Pressure Cooker Recipe
- Baked Mexican Chicken
- Easy Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe
- Crockpot Taco Soup Recipe
- Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- Quick Skillet Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Healthy Chicken Tacos Pressure Cooker Recipe
- Crock Pot Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder Soup Recipe
- Beef Taco Pasta Skillet Recipe
- Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Recipe
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Recipe in the crock pot
- Crock Pot Chicken Tacos Recipe