This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Baked Mexican Chicken is the perfect recipe to turn plain chicken into something absolutely fabulous. Lots of cheesy goodness and delicious salsa make each bite so flavorful and tasty.
Baked Mexican Chicken
Our family loves Baked Mexican Chicken for a quick weeknight dinner that is easy to prepare and so amazing. It is such an easy and fast dinner idea. You can easily make this even on busy weeknights.
It is so wonderful! Your chicken is coated in delicious crushed up tortilla chips. What is not to love?
We have eaten this several times. In fact, we ate it again last night and the kids couldn’t stop talking about it.
What to serve with baked mexican chicken?
We also love rice and sometimes serve it with that. You can save even more time and learn how to freeze rice and you can make this meal even easier.
I love to grab the rice from the freezer in the morning and when we come home it is all ready to enjoy. We do this for lots of meals and it helps put together a quick meal.
It is so easy and helpful for busy weeknights. You can also use brown rice. Learn how to cook brown rice in the microwave for a quick side.
We have also used this Delicious Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe. There are lots of delicious options.
Another great idea is Crock Pot Refried Beans. They are so easy in the slow cooker and really tasty.
Black beans would also be quick and easy and delicious.
Make sure you have a good baking dish to make Mexican chicken breast recipes!
This recipe is perfect in a 9×13 baking dish. We have even taken this to potlucks or someone recovering from surgery. It is so easy and a great meal.
It’s nice to just be able to toss the dish. Plus, they don’t have to worry about trying to get it back to you.
It has become one of my go to meals to take to new moms or anyone that I take a meal to. Everyone loves it and is so simple to make.
This Mexican chicken bake is frugal!
I just love this recipe, because you are using stuff you would probably throw away anyway. Next time you have crumbs left in the tortilla chip bag, make this Baked Mexican Chicken.
We have even used chicken thighs and it was so tasty. Use what you have to make this Mexican chicken. It is easy and delicious.
I promise you won’t be disappointed! You can use what you already have in the pantry to make great meals and save money.
Tortilla chips and salsa go on sale all the time. By shopping when things are on sale I save money on groceries and it really helps our budget. Saving money and feeding a big family can be accomplished.
I cut our grocery bill by 50% off by following these 8 Tips for for Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning! Save that money for something else!
Oh my! Our kids gobble this up every time we make it! The chicken is full of Mexican flavor. We have even added taco seasoning and Mexican spices to change things up.
I personally don’t think you need the extra salsa on the side, because this chicken is FULL of flavor. I was hoping to have left overs for lunch, but the kids ate it all!
Ingredients for baked mexican chicken recipe:
- Chicken Breasts
- Tortilla Chips
- Cheddar Cheese
How to make baked Mexican chicken:
First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Next, pour the salsa and crushed tortilla chips in separate shallow bowls.
Dip each chicken breast into the salsa so each side is coated in salsa.
After the salsa, dip the chicken into the crushed tortilla chips. Flip each side to make sure the entire piece is coated in the tortilla chips.
Place the chicken on a baking sheet lined with foil or coated with non stick cooking spray.
Baked until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
Top each piece of chicken with cheese. Place back in the oven until the cheese is melted.
This only will take a few minutes. Top with the diced tomatoes and serve.
Jump to recipe at the bottom.
Print this baked Mexican chicken recipe below:
Baked Mexican Chicken recipe
- 4 Chicken Breasts Sliced lengthwise
- 2 cups salsa
- 13 oz Bag of Tortilla Chips crushed into small pieces
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes Diced (Optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour the salsa and crushed tortilla chips in separate shallow bowls.
- Dip each chicken breast in the salsa, flipping so that both sides are covered.
- After the salsa, dip the chicken breast in the tortilla chips, flipping it so that both sides are covered in the chips.
- Place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet lined with foil or sprayed with a non stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Then top each chicken breast with a small amount of the shredded cheese and place back in the oven for 2-5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Top with the diced tomatoes if desired and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Get dinner on the table in under 30 minutes with this Mexican shredded chicken recipe.
Here are a few recipes that would go great with this dinner:
Try these other easy mexican dishes:
- Crock Pot Mexican Lasagna Recipe
- Easy Mexican Casserole Recipe
- Crock Pot Mexican Taco Casserole Recipe
- Crockpot Taco Soup Recipe
Plus check out 100 of the Best Mexican Recipes.
Try these other easy chicken recipes:
- Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- Quick Skillet Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Healthy Chicken Tacos Pressure Cooker Recipe
- Easy Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe
- Baked Salsa Chicken