This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Bacon lovers will go crazy over this easy Bacon bbq chicken recipe. Layers of delicious cheese, BBQ sauce and bacon make this chicken a great dinner idea.
Bacon bbq chicken recipe
Who here loves bacon? What kind of question is that? Doesn’t everyone love bacon? 🙂 Today I wanted to show you how to make this delicious and easy bbq bacon chicken dinner.
Bacon isn’t always just for breakfast and we love it anytime of the day. It’s perfect added to chicken and takes this recipe up a level. It’s amazing!
Ingredients for bbq bacon chicken:
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil
- barbecue sauce
- shredded colby jack cheese
How to make bacon bbq chicken:
First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Next, browned the chicken in a skillet. This is optional, but I like it because it adds color to the chicken so it looks nice after you bake it.
If you are short on time, you can certainly just skip this step. This is really just personal preference.
Place in an oven safe baking dish. I really like to use my pyrex glassware. Make sure you spray it first.
Add about 1 tablespoon of your favorite BBQ sauce to each breast. Just eye ball it and spread it around. You don’t have to be fancy here.
Chop up your bacon into pieces. This is completely optional, but I like it chopped because it makes it easier to eat when your chicken is done.
Now, get the kids involved during this part. Use your favorite kitchen scissors and let the kids cut the bacon. My boys loved helping me out. You will want one piece of bacon per chicken breast.
Lay out the pieces of bacon out on the chicken breasts. Place as many as you want and feel free to overlap. Get the kids involved on here too.
Bake in 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
Top with Shredded cheese. Colby-jack blend is delicious but you can use what you prefer. I also topped each breast with chopped jalapeños.
I love the extra heat but you can omit this if you do not.
Place everything back in the oven for 5 minutes until cheese melts nicely.
Bacon bbq chicken is delicious and tastes amazing!
My kids love this and ask for it all the time. You can’t go wrong with this delicious meal.
It is simple enough for busy weeknight dinners but fabulous enough for company. Give it a try this week! You will love it!
What to serve with cheesy bacon bbq chicken?
This is delicious served with rice. You can save even more time and learn how to freeze rice and you can make this meal even easier.
I love to grab the rice from the freezer in the morning and when we come home it is all ready to enjoy. We do this for lots of meals and it helps put together a quick meal. Give it a try!
It is so easy and helpful for busy weeknights. You can also use brown rice. Learn how to cook brown rice in the microwave for a quick side.
Print this easy bbq bacon chicken recipe below:
BBQ Bacon Chicken
- 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Barbecue Sauce
- 6 Slices Bacon chopped
- 1 cup Shredded Colby Jack Shredded Cheese
- 1 Jalapeño chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat the oil olive in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the chicken in the skillet and brown both sides for 3-4 minutes.
- Place in an oven safe baking dish.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of the BBQ sauce to each chicken breast.
- Place the chopped up bacon on the chicken breasts.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Then top the chicken with the shredded and the chopped jalapeños.
- Place back in the oven for 5 minutes until cheese melts.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other recipes with bacon:
- Crock Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Foil Packet Bacon Ranch Chicken Recipe
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders Recipe
- Crock Pot BBQ Ranch Drumsticks Recipe
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Wrap
- Crockpot Cheesy Bacon Chicken Recipe
Find more easy chicken recipes:
- Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Slow Cooker: Cilantro Lime Chicken Recipe
- Easy Crock pot Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Crockpot Santa Fe Chicken
- Crockpot Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
- The Best Crockpot Chicken Tacos Recipe – only 3 ingredients
- Crock Pot Chicken Florentine Recipe
- Baked Pineapple BBQ Chicken Recipe
- BBQ Ranch Grilled Chicken Marinade
- Easy Crockpot BBQ Ranch Chicken Recipe
- Easy BBQ Baked Breaded Chicken Recipe
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Wright® Brand® Bacon. All opinions are 100% my own.