Who here loves bacon? What kind of question is that? Doesn’t everyone love bacon? 🙂 Today I wanted to show you how to make this delicious and easy bbq bacon chicken dinner.
Bacon isn’t always just for breakfast.
Here is how you can make this BBQ Bacon Chicken dinner:
1. First I browned my chicken in a skillet. This is optional, but I like it because it adds color to the chicken so it looks nice after you bake it.
2. Place in an oven safe baking dish. I really like to use my pyrex glassware. Make sure you spray it first.
3. Add about 1 tablespoon of your favorite BBQ sauce to each breast. Just eye ball it and spread it around. You don’t have to be fancy here.
4. Chop up your bacon into pieces. This is completely optional, but I like it chopped because it makes it easier to eat when your chicken is done.
Now, get the kids involved during this part. Use your favorite kitchen scissors and let the kids cut the bacon. My boys loved helping me out. You will want one piece of bacon per chicken breast.
5. Lay out the pieces of bacon out on the chicken breasts. Place as many as you want and feel free to overlap. Get the kids involved on here too.
6. Bake in 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
7. Top with Shredded cheese – I used colby-jack blend but any kind will be delicious. I also topped each breast with chopped jalapeños. Place back int he oven for 5 minutes until cheese melts nicely.
This chicken is delicious and tastes amazing!
Need easy chicken dinner ideas? Make this BBQ Bacon Chicken dinner idea that you can make on a budget. It is one of our favorite easy chicken recipes.
- 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Barbecue Sauce
- 6 Slices Bacon chopped
- 1 cup Shredded Colby Jack Shredded Cheese
- 1 Jalapeño chopped
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat the oil olive in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the chicken in the skillet and brown both sides for 3-4 minutes.
Place in an oven safe baking dish.
Add about 1 tablespoon of the BBQ sauce to each chicken breast.
Place the chopped up bacon on the chicken breasts.
Bake in 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
Then top the chicken with the shredded and the chopped jalapeños.
Place back in the oven for 5 minutes until cheese melts.
Make this bbq bacon chicken tonight.
Next time you want to jazz up your dinner, make sure you grab some Wright® Brand Bacon from Walmart and make this easy BBQ Bacon Chicken. I’m pretty sure your family will thank you.
Try our other frugal and easy chicken recipes:
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Wright® Brand® Bacon. All opinions are 100% my own.