This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Cracker Barrel Chicken Tenders combines a few simple ingredients into a delicious and flavorful meal. Enjoy this Copycat Cracker Barrel Grilled Chicken recipe at home in minutes.
Cracker Barrel Chicken Tenders
Enjoy everything you love about the chicken tenders at Cracker Barrel without leaving your home. This recipe is easy to prepare using only 4 ingredients. The cooking time is minimum, and it all comes together effortlessly.
It goes perfectly with Cracker Barrel Fried Apples. Another great copycat recipe you can easily make at home. Your family will enjoy this home cooking.
What makes Cracker Barrel so popular?
From their classic Southern food to their warm and inviting atmosphere, it is a great place to dine. A game welcomes each guest at their table. The fireplace greets guests when the conditions are favorable.
The menu consists of tons of comfort food style dishes. The food is all wonderful, but the chicken tenders remain a popular item for people to order. We are going to show you how easy it is to make this at home.
- Chicken Tenderloins
- Italian Dressing
- Lime (juiced)
How to make Cracker Barrel Chicken Tenders:
- Step 1. Combine the Italian dressing lime juice and honey. In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing, lime juice and honey.
- Step 2. Put the chicken in a gallon size bag. Place the chicken tenderloins in a zip lock bag and pour the marinade on top. Let the chicken marinade for at least 20 minutes or up to over night.
- Step 3. Prepare the grill. Preheat a grill over medium heat (approximately 350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Step 4. Cook the chicken. Gently place the chicken tenders on the grill.
- Step 5. Grill until fully cooked. Grill for 4-6 minutes. Flip the chicken and then grill for 4-6 more minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 6. Allow to rest. Move the chicken to a plate, let it set for at least 5 minutes. Then serve warm and enjoy!
Jump to recipe below for complete instructions.
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Tips for Cracker Barrel Grilled Chicken Tenders:
- Marinade the chicken at least 20 minutes. The chicken needs to absorb the delicious flavor.
- Flip the chicken during cooking. The chicken flips half way during the cooking time. This will ensure the chicken cooks to perfection. Grill marks are on both sides thanks to this process.
- Grill Pan. Cook the recipe on a grill pan on the stove top. This is a great option when the weather does not allow regular grilling, or you don’t want to grill outside.
- Cut of Chicken Selection. You can use any cut of chicken with this marinade. While tenderloin will most closely resemble Cracker Barrel’s recipe, other ideas include chicken breasts, chicken thighs and chicken legs.
- Boneless or Bone-in Chicken. Either option can be used in this recipe. However, make sure to adjust the cooking time depending on which type you make. To ensure accuracy, the internal temperature of chicken should always be 165 degrees.
- Lemon Juice. Substitute lemon juice for the lime juice in the recipe. The citrus flavor is equally delicious and tasty with the chicken.
If you do not have a grill or prefer to bake them inside, it is easy.
Prepare the chicken as normal and place in a baking dish. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Then obtain a nice sear that is similar to the chicken at Cracker Barrel.
Place them in a grill pan on the stovetop for 2 to 3 minutes per side. This additional step will give them even more delicious flavor and make them look like the ones at Cracker Barrel.
What to serve with Cracker Barrel Chicken Tenders:
- Cracker Barrel Mac and Cheese. This is my favorite thing to order at Cracker Barrel and this recipe is delicious.
- Easy Green Beans . Green Beans are easy and budget friendly with this meal.
- Cracker Barrel Fried Apples. This Southern classic does not disappoint and tastes wonderful.
- Homemade Biscuits . Bring the meal together and serve a basket of biscuits just like Cracker Barrel!
Chicken tenders or Chicken breasts
Cracker Barrel uses chicken tenders. This recipe will most closely resemble their recipe if you also use chicken tenders.
Tenders require less time to cook and are more tender and juicer.
Print this Grilled Chicken Tenders Cracker Barrel Recipe:
Cracker Barrel Chicken Tenders
- 2 pounds Chicken Tenderloins
- 1 cup Italian Dressing
- ½ Lime juiced
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing, lime juice and honey.
- Place the chicken tenderloins in a zip lock bag and pour the marinade on top. Let the chicken marinade for at least 20 minutes or up to over night.
- Preheat a grill over medium high heat (approximately 350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Gently place the chicken tenders on the grill.
- Grill for 4-6 minutes, flip the chicken and then grill for 4-6 more minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Move the chicken to a plate, let it set for at least 5 minutes. Then serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe