This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This Crockpot French Dip Recipe is so tender and delicious. My family loves this meal and the crock pot makes it super easy to enjoy.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works
We love making slow cooker French Dip Sandwiches because of the flavor and easy it is to make. Combining the ingredients in the slow cooker gives the roast so much flavor and cooks the roast tender.
This is the perfect recipe to feed a crowd for any occasion. We love to make them for a tasty game day meal and it is always a hit.
- Beef Roast
- Onion Soup Mix
- Minced Garlic
- Beef Broth
- Hoagie Rolls
- Provolone Cheese
Scroll to the bottom for the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
- Roast – This recipe can be made with different types of roast. I like using a chuck roast as it is easy to shred and is so delicious.
- Seasoning – Feel free to make this recipe with different types of seasoning. Add in a bay leaf, garlic powder or onion powder. I usually start with a ½ teaspoon but you can definitely add more to what you prefer.
- Sauce – Adding the beef broth to cook the roast in adds so much flavor. But you can also add in ½ tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce and soy sauce.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1 – Place everything (except the rolls) in the crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
Step 2 – Remove the roast from the crock pot and Shred the beef. Serve on toasted hoagie rolls. Top with provolone cheese. You can melt the cheese under a broiler.
- Step 3 – Serve with the juice and dip your French dip sandwiches into the broth. Season with salt and pepper for delicious addition.
- Au Jus – You can take ¼ cup cornstarch mixed in with ¼ cup water. Stir that into the broth. Turn to high and stir until thicken so you get a nice thickened sauce. This is great to dip the sandwiches in.
- Broil – To add flavor to your sandwich we like to broil the sandwich for a golden brown crust. It also helps to melt the slice of cheese for a delicious cheesy sandwich.
- Cooking Time – We like to cook the beef on low for about 8 hours for best results. This allows the beef to shred easily for an amazing Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwich.
There are many options to serve with this crockpot French dip sandwiches recipe. I keep it simple so that we can easily enjoy this during busy weeknights.
Some of our favorites include:
- Classic Italian Pasta Salad Recipe
- Corn on the Cob
- Easy Pasta Salad Recipe
- Macaroni Salad Recipe
- Tropical Fruit Salad
- Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
We also have served the sandwiches with a simple side of broccoli. Learn how to steam broccoli in the microwave for a really quick and easy side dish.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! This Crock pot French Dip recipe freezes great. Just put all of the ingredients together and freeze instead of cooking it. You will love having this for a quick and easy dinner idea during busy weeknights. When you are ready to cook it, place the contents of your freezer bag into the crockpot (ingredients can be thawed or frozen) and cook on low for 6-8 hours. We love to make extra just to freeze. It is so handy having these quick and easy meals in the freezer.
We recommend storing the shredded beef separately instead of placing on the hoagie buns. This helps to keep the buns from getting soggy. Store in an airtight container and then place in the fridge.
We love the way the provolone cheese melts, but you can also use Swiss cheese.
More Easy Crock Pot Sandwich Recipes
- Crock Pot Philly Cheesesteaks Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Recipe
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Easy Crockpot Meatballs Sub Recipe
- Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Easy Crock Pot Pulled Pork Sandwich Recipe
- Crock Pot Root Beer Chicken Sandwich
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Avocado Sandwich
- Crock Pot Chipotle BBQ Beef Sandwich
We love to hear from you. If you make this Slow Cooker French Dip Recipe, please leave us a comment or a star review.
Crockpot French Dip
- Place everything (except the rolls) in the crock pot. Cover and cook on lwo for 8-10 hours.
- Shred the beef.
- Serve on toasted hoagie rolls. Top with provolone cheese.
- You can melt the cheese under a broiler.
- Serve with the juice and dip your french dip sandwhiches into the broth.
- Notes: You can take ¼ cup cornstarch mixed in with ¼ cup water. Stir that into the broth. Turn to high and stur until thicken so you get a nice thickened sauce.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe